how do you put your own chapter on mapworldview

16 replies [Last post]

I'm making a set of chapters and I really need to know how to put your own chapters on mapworldview

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

You can't make a new chapter, only replace old ones. However you can change what they look like by replacing their images, and change where they are by editing the MapWorldView level.

However, that can get complicated as the level editor won't let you save the changes to the MapWorldView level! You have to either edit it inside it's xml files or create a new mapworldview level, then go in and replace everysingle existence of NewMapWorldView with just MapWorldView in it's xml files. Either way, you're going to need to know how to edit the xml files correctly... otherwise you'll completely crash your game with a mess of xml problems that can take a while to fix!

Also, YOU MUST LEAVE IN ALL OF THESE IN THE MAPWORLDVIEW LEVEL OR THE GAME WILL CRASH!!:

1. Leave World of goo corporation intact, 3-d and destroyed where they are or at least in the level.

2. you must have all the chapters 1-Epilouge in the level and the mysterious floating island 6 there as well. You can leave island 6 where it is or move it off screen so the player can't see it, but it must be there!

3. THE NEW MAIL IMAGE AND NEW_BALLS LABEL MUST STILL BE THERE, however you can move them off the screen of the player's access if you don't want them there.

I hope this helps!

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Yeah, I wish Daft would have fixed that before he left.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

How do you edit it's XML files

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

By right-click>open with...>notepad

Though if you're going to do much serious XML editing, I'd recommend Notepad++ over notepad. It's really nice in comparison.

Notepad++ pwns Notepad for XML editing. Syntax colouring, automatic indents, collapsible sections, etc...

Unless you're deleting all the text in the file, use Notepad++.

Or, even better Dreamweaver CS5.5. It has a feature I recently discovered: if I open multiple balls.xml.xml files, it notices the structure is the same, and 'recommends' tags to me based on the other file. For example, if I had a clone of Common and a Balloon open, it would know that the root tag has an attribute "grumpy" that can be set to "true".

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

That's sweet. Code::Blocks can also open XML files, but it doesn't do much more than syntax-highlighting and auto-adding end-of-elements.

Yeah, Notepad++ really should have auto tag closing, but it doesn't.

FlashDevelop does auto bracket closing and such with AS3, but I'm not sure about XML, I should check it out.

Albino Pokey wrote:
Or, even better Dreamweaver CS5.5. It has a feature I recently discovered: if I open multiple balls.xml.xml files, it notices the structure is the same, and 'recommends' tags to me based on the other file. For example, if I had a clone of Common and a Balloon open, it would know that the root tag has an attribute "grumpy" that can be set to "true".

Dreamweaver CS4 was the default for XML files when I was modding Mightier. It did that with the dialogs.xml file, although there was only one (so it didn't get tags from others). And there were only like 2 different tags and 3 attributes Tongue

EDIT: Checked out XML in FlashDevelop and it does close tags automatically. However, it can't detect like Dreamweaver.

If you wish to put chapter in MapWorldView as just changing chapter thats OK but it only show you your chapter with the original chapter's image but if you want to put your own image you need to change MapWorldView.

Or change the image, like you would any other image.

Yeah it doesn't really matter which you choose, although if you want guaranteed compatibility with other mods then changing MapWorldView to use a custom image is probably better. Other mods may use MapWorldView images, so changing those could mess it up.

EVERYONE!!! I would be pleased if you come to my forum - "World of goo Secret of DESTROYER the movie suggestions" so you could help me with my movie!

http://goofans.com/forum/gootool/general-discussion/3188

Do not advertise your own thread on other ones that are completely unrelated. Besides, we all saw it.