Surprise for MOM4evr

118 replies [Last post]

davidc. It does say at the bottom of the page "© 2008, 2009, 2010 David Croft".

I just can't get my face out of goofans.
I'll just come in every 3 days or so...

i come every day Wink

if you don't believe it:
you have to believe it

( maybe not every day )

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

I used to but I'm busy in another website.
In sploder they actually like me
I got 45 friends

Who said we didn't like you? BTW this is a real game modding site. Sploder seems to be a cheap king of flash game maker thing.
Oh and correction: 44 friends Tongue

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Does anyone like my pic?

I made goomods.

Sploder IS a cheap flash game thing. You can't do very much with it, it seems. I just tested it, and the physics are rather annoying.

What's it about?

I made goomods.

dan250 wrote:
wiki: on the other thread (that was locked by puggsoy) you said I'm an active member. I'm not.
this link swallowed me in, and I can't get out
http://www.sploder.com/index.php?logout=1&good_message=You+have+been+log....
sploder is where you can create your own games and... well...
DO NOT PRESS THAT LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO STAY THERE!!

Yes you are an active member and you can't lie to your self - you see... How many posts you got here on this thread? 10? More? I'm an active member but I'm having less posts than you do so that does makes you an active member - you don't have to make addins to be an active member Wink

wiki,take a chill pill

I made goomods.

i tried sploder. my opinion: meh. kinda cheep flash thing, gave up after a while.
oh, and i'm back! couldn't post all spring break, and i have a ton of posts to read.

-_-

Yeah, if you want to make games, my recommendation is to try something like Scratch or Squeak if you aren't very experienced with programming, or (if you want Flash) use Flash itself. It's mostly just JavaScript code, at least in AS2.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Squeak?

I made goomods.

The predecessor of Scratch, the scriptwriting is a bit less intuitive.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Albino Pokey wrote:
Yeah, if you want to make games, my recommendation is to try something like Scratch or Squeak if you aren't very experienced with programming, or (if you want Flash) use Flash itself. It's mostly just JavaScript code, at least in AS2.

I haven't done much with JavaScript, but from what I know about it I would agree that AS2 is pretty similar. But it's practically obsolete now, there's frankly no reason not to use AS3 since just about every external library supports it (or rather, requires it).

Even if you don't have Flash you can work with AS3, you can set up Adobe's free Flex SDK with FlashDevelop, which allows you to write and compile AS3 code directly to a SWF (it's legal, too). The only downside is that you'll have to work almost completely with code, whereas Flash gives access to things like the timeline, components, and other various tools.
I use FlashDevelop anyway, despite having Flash, since it's portable, lightweight, and has much more coding tools than Flash's Actions panel (code generation, custom class code completion, among others). All my projects are 100% code anyway.

/rant

But can you draw stuff or import images/music? I mean, you can write a matrix to a BitmapData or to an MP3 file, but it's much easier to let Flash do the work of importing and drawing for you.

You can import images as classes using embed tags (and music too I think, although I haven't worked with it yet). The reason they're embedded as classes is because practically every object in AS3 is an instantiation of a class (unless it's a variable of type int or String or something). So then you can turn the image into a BitmapData or something to use in your app. Same goes for fonts, both system and custom ones (although you're gonna refer to your font class through TextFormat rather than instantiate it).

For example, suppose you had a picture you wanted to use, you'd do this (just after the class declaration, along with other class-scope variables):

[Embed(source="picture.bmp")]
private var Picture:Class;

and later on you instantiate it as so:

var pic:Bitmap = new Picture();

and you got a Bitmap object of your picture. Move it around, shrink it, blow it up, whatever.

This is by far not as easy as using Flash straight up, but it works fine for me. FlashDevelop provides a feature that can generate embed code automatically, and external libraries such as Flixel (which is the one I'm using right now) simplify instantiation (and use in general) of these embedded images.

In addition, you can load stuff at runtime using stuff like Loader and FileReference. Although most of the time you'd use this for saved levels or other user-chosen data rather than images or music.

i am curently figuring out macromedia flash mx right now.

-_-

Can I have a link

I made goomods.

Flash itself costs. FlashDevelop is free, you can get it here, but be aware that it's slightly technical to set up.

@kirdneh: I started with that too. It's a good place to get used to the overall Flash framework, but after I started using AS3 (which was only once we got the new Flash, before I discovered FlashDevelop) I found it much better than AS2. You can still use AS2, and once you know that the jump to AS3 isn't so hard, but I wouldn't recommend using it if you're planning to go far in it. IMO, AS3's much better, both in performance and organization.

What is everyone talkig about? And what is it?

[www.killersites.com/articles/articles_FlashUse.htm flash]

-_-

Reading posts earlier than the last 5 or 6 might help, if you really want to know what's going on. Because I'm not going to summarize what already happened in the thread Tongue

By the way I think this forum should be ended SOON (Not right now) because MOM is back, isn't he? By the way... Where is momo1526 gone?

How should I know? Tongue

And we can close the forum after all discussions are done. I think we're still talking about Flash/programming. Forums automatically get locked after being inactive for long enough anyway, so it's OK if we don't lock it.

Guy's,I'm going to Greece,please give me a warm welcome
From,
Gooey

I made goomods.

-_-

Stare
Yah right

I made goomods.