Thinking about leaving forever. (Post here) (Sorry for duplicate.)

17 replies [Last post]

As the the title said. I'm thinking about permanently leaving this forum and Infernofans.To be honest, I think this forum has lost so much popularity. And I've beaten wog and little inferno a long time ago. I've also gotten a 3DS on March 24th and busy having fun with it.
I'm also having new interests. Sorry for this but I thinks it's time.
P:S If you have a 3DS, my friend code is 4527-9351-9321
Edit: sheesh what happened? When I posted there was 2 duplicate topics. It's probably my computer...

Hey there

kk, bye, and have fun!

Have fun sam and max! Bye!

Bye, sam and max!

Goodbye.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It is unfortunate that you are leaving, but I wish you the best of luck. Bye!

Also, my code is 4940 5810 0444.

-_-

Just this simple idea of WOG made many people fascinated. Now it's really old and nothing new has come out. 2D BOY reputation is going down. Even I have stopped doing anything here! It's sad Sad

I guess I'll make one WOG world mod for you guys to enjoy and I'm guessing I might not be coming back either. It's sad, I feel like this community has been one where I actually feel like home. This web site, feels like nothing else. Know this feeling, anyone?

Wikigoo: Yeap, this place totally feels like my Internet home. It's why I keep coming back here after four and a half years. I can't seem to leave. Smile Which is fine, cause there's a lot of potential for cool mods in the future. I think I've played almost all the levels on this site, and the sheer number of them is staggering. It just goes to show how much modding potential this game has. I doubt I'll ever leave this place for good, unless the server goes down or something like that.

kirdneh wrote:
It is unfortunate that you are leaving, but I wish you the best of luck. Bye!

Also, my code is 4940 5810 0444.

Added you.

Hey there

Gosh is "mod" really the word here as well?! I thought we still called them addins Wink

Mods or addins, it doesn't matter, the fact that they exist and show the potential of the game, this does matter.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

I feel like this community has been one where I actually feel like home. This web site, feels like nothing else. Know this feeling, anyone?

This feeling, I can't even describe it. You know, after a really difficult day, I get to my computer and the first site I open is... of course GooFans! Nobody here to offend or insult you, everyone are so friendly, this maybe is the best place to call home. I want to thank everyone who contributed to the atmosphere of this site, and especially davidc and all the moderators(excluding me Wink ) that keep this place alive.

Despite having a lot of other things on my hands, I still love to check in here every day. This place has had a big impact on me and I have many fond memories. I definitely hope I can find the time again to make more levels Smile

Ah, yes. I meant addins. Too much hanging around Aquaria and other such games where they call them "mods."

haha! yes i cant seem to leave either! this is the best place in the internet and the best community i have been included in... i thank you all for making this small part of the internet feel so warm and cozy in my heart Smile

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
Gosh is "mod" really the word here as well?! I thought we still called them addins Wink

Hah now that's a question mired in history. When I launched goofans, I'd already named the file extension "goomod" which I instantly regretted. I wanted to call them add-ins for a variety of reasons, most of which I forget now, but including distinguishing the fact that they were extensions to the base game rather than makeovers, removing the association with the other word "moderator", and also stating that they didn't necessarily modify anything but could just be adding new levels to the game.

Another interesting terminology change from history is the fact that GooTool used to have a load of variables and other references named "wogBlah", which I decided I had to clean up and change to "gooBlah"-type things instead before releasing the source, because "wog" is a racial slur in some cultures. Of course, exactly 0 people have contributed back to GooTool, so I'm sure nobody would have noticed anyway!

Thank goodness I didn't call them wogmods and have both problems together in perpetuity!

On a more sentimental note, I think it's awesome that, while this game has sold in its millions and a significant fraction of those people have also downloaded new content you've created, it is still you core few who keep this site alive. But with nothing new from 2D Boy, it's inevitable that this community will shrink rather than grow.

I think the absolutely best thing they could do would be to bring out a new game. And a close second would be to pass the game over to those of us who are capable of making a sequel, under a licensing agreement, with fresh ideas and fresh eyes. But I think they've both moved on to other things and WoG was both a drain on them and then a lodestone holding them in its power, and nobody can really blame them for making a clean break of it.

At any rate, it's a testament to the timeless simplicity of the game's concept that it is still around and still popular, five-and-a-bit years on, and I think that the addition of nostalgia to the mix will mean that both World of Goo and GooFans will still be around for many, many years to come.

-davidc

I'm back.
I was in several years ago, but then Life Happens.
I have the demo now and it only allows 3 Goo-bers (Players).
Does the full version allow more?
I have 3 grandkids, + me!

authordave.com

Hello Ichido!

Unfortunately it does not, but with the Profile Switcher you can use multiple files (with three players each) and switch between them.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I don't think I could really leave this place either, I still visit the place occasionally to see how things are, but I haven't logged in in a while...

...well, of course now I HAVE, but...

That aside, this place was the first forum and community group I've ever joined, and the nostalgia and memories coming from you all and the game are pretty much what keeps me a part of me here. It's been an incredibly long time since then and now a bunch of us are doing lots of different things... but I supposed we never really LEFT, have we? We've changed maybe, but a handful are still here watching the forums and looking over the mods add-ins for play-testing and publication (If I had more time to devote here I'd probably do a little bit of that myself, maybe even another level if I remembered how, it's been ages!).

The game's brought a bunch of people who liked it together, and a lot has come out of it, especially with how many add-ins and modifications have popped up since its release. Even if it's fairly quiet now compared to how it used to be, there's still a very small humble community here to help anybody new or old with just about any problem they have, it's pretty nice how there's still some activity going on here after so long. Smile