Idea about Spam

625 replies [Last post]

My Profile

KERSPLAT.

EDIT: By the way, awesome spam-reporting people, if you add /megaban to the end of a spammer's profile, they'll be banned as soon as a mod clicks the link. I just found that out.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

My Profile

BAM.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Ok, from now on, I'll add that /megaban at the end of those links Wink

You'll have to be more on than. Wink

http://goofans.com/user/13167/megaban

Edit: http://goofans.com/user/1972

Does he counts as a spam? I know davidc removed the link and the spam-bot never logged back on but I think removing him will do it.

My Profile

Don't worry about old spam. That guy's been blocked for years.

I created a new account because I forgot my password since I haven't been on so long, and I remembered this accounts password, so can you just ban or delete it or something, because I don't need it, and I don't want it to just be sitting there.
this is the account I made, and this is the thread talking about how I am coming back on the site and why I was gone.

Yamaco! - Every Gooball ever
Computer! Y U get virus?

I changed the authorship of the thread to your old account, but I'm not sure what effect megabanning the new one will have. It's supposed to block the IP address and email of the account after banning, so it might kill the old account as well.

Does anyone know of a way to delete the account without doing that?

Well I checked the megaban page and it says it won't block the IP because it's also used by another account. It will however block the email from registration.

As for deleting without megabanning, the "Edit" tab David was talking about a while ago has a disable/enable option on it, so I'd assume that also has a delete account function as well. We can't access it though.

My Profile

My Profile

Banned.

My Profile

Oh no, they're starting to use mailinator addresses.

I think davidc should add the captcha protection. Even though its a bit of annuisiance, it can help protect the site.

I'm pretty positive we already have a captcha or something similar when you sign up on this site.

That being said, captcha is worthless and never blocks any spammers at all.

My Profile

Don't worry; two spammers here that take two clicks each for me to ban is far less annoying than the nine spammers that took 7 clicks each for me to ban on infernofans this morning.

Oh no, did they make one of those comment chains where they reply to each other? It still seems weird that Megaban can't get rid of those.

No, I'm talking about infernofans spam that's so annoying to delete. There's no megaban there yet, so it takes about 7 clicks each to delete each spammer. When you're getting 10-20 spammers per day (most of them from around the same IP) it gets really old really fast. Here on goofans it's nice and easy to ban spammers for good thanks to megaban.

Infernofans doesn't have megaban? Puzzled

I don't have admin there, so I can't help out in deleting any of the spam, but it is getting quite a bunch.

Spam http://goofans.com/user/13361/megaban

I just thought of something, if I give a random players link here with megaban, he will be removed without doing something bad. Tongue

But i'm not that evil. Smile

My Profile

Banned. Tongue

Not necessarily. The MEGABAN tool has a few limitations on it: it can't remove threads with replies, it can't fully ban users with multiple accounts on an IP, it can't remove addins, it can't remove users if it can't remove all their content, and it can't remove users who have been here for over a month.

I think David put those limitations in just in case a moderator's account were cracked, since megabanning is permanent. There's no way to free an email address or IP after it's been blocked like this, and all the user's content is gone for good.

Explain me this profile. http://goofans.com/leaderboard/player/f282881240e0d3b3b06f44095bda0269

If its actually peter than it show on his account not a new one. Peter uses another profile to play addins. His score doesn't match peter's previous 1566 ball tower. And i'm sure peter wont publish a failed tower. Also if it isn't him someone must have changed their pers2.dat profile to a top player. (Sorry I just liked being in second position on balls Tongue)

If this is peter sorry to bring this up.

My Profile

Hm. I don't know. WorldOfGooBalls, are you there?

http://goofans.com/user/13370/megaban

Also I saw that spam earlier than movildima but was too lazy to put here. Tongue

Edit: http://goofans.com/user/13372/megaban

My Profile

naveed_rizvi wrote:

Also I saw that spam earlier than movildima but was too lazy to put here. Tongue

Haha, it seems that we have kind of spam detection race here. Except you always win Wink

My Profile