Idea about Spam

625 replies [Last post]

Ha, neat trick. Doesn't work for established users though, but handy for checking spam.

Anybody else have a feeling that this is spam? I'd just like to get someone else's opinion before I go banning non-spam users.

Whereas I just see it and ban it. Tongue

Yep, it was spam. Anybody with a random link in the signature having nothing to do with anything is generally spam (Unless, of course, their post makes complete sense, in which case I always ask questions first and ban later). In his case, he was asking where to download Windows 8, which is a stupid question because you can just google it. Definitely spam. If they join and post the same day, it also is highly plausible that they're a bot.

EDIT: Unlike this guy. He's completely evading my spam sensors. I have no idea. Tongue

Hmm, guess you're right. Still, some people don't use Google when they should (not saying any names). But yeah, signing up and posting on the same day, along with a spam-ish sig, that does make sense that it's spam.

I'll keep that in mind for the future, thanks Laughing out loud

I think it's an advertiser. Ask a question or two.

I welcomed them to GooFans when I saw them, asking them to remove the link. No reaction yet.

give it a week or two. if nothing happens, bring out the hammer.

-_-

Meh, if nothing happens, no real harm done. However if they go posting random stuff on another thread, then the hammer shall be brought forth.

EDIT: Huh, I was gonna check their email, but looks like they're already banned, I can't seem to find the post anymore.

Oh, right. Yeah, I only gave them a day. Tongue Whoops.

ah, no matter anyway. (400th post)

-_-

http://goofans.com/user/12216
spam-link in his signature, but he doesn't really look at all like a spambot :s

Yamaco! - Every Gooball ever
Computer! Y U get virus?

Hmm, I see what you mean. If it weren't for the extremely relative content of his post, the spammy signature and handsome avatar would be enough for me to megaban him.

I'm unsure about the email address, although it looks somewhat randomised it could have some personal meaning and it isn't GMail, which most spambots I've seen use. We'll leave him sit for a while, but if he doesn't post any more I think we can safely assume that it's just a really intelligent bot.

If you all weren't whining about thinking he's a real person, I would've banned him already. It's obvious to me that he's a bot/spammer. His post is irrelevant to the topic, and he has a completely unrelated link in his signature. If anyone has a link anywhere in their post or their signature that isn't to their own personal website (as in, "My Twitter Account"), they're spam.

When I say his post is irrelevant, what I mean is that it looks genuine up front, but after thinking about it a bit, it makes no sense at all. He says he heard the music everyone was working on... WHERE DID HE HEAR THAT? It's physically impossible, since I haven't even heard it. The sheet music is emailed privately between forum members, as far as I know. There's no way he could have heard it. Also, what kind of adjective is "suspicious" to describe music? "Dark", "Mysterious", etc would be fine, but nobody who has a decent knowledge of the English language would call music suspicious. He also doesn't say what song is suspicious; saying generic stuff that applies anywhere is what spammers are king at.

Is there anything at all in his favor that would make him NOT a spammer? Because I don't see anything.

I agree that he looks very much like a bot, and reading your opinion I agree. I just didn't want to assume that he was without being sure, plus the fact that AP found him pretty non-bot-like as well.

However, there has been some music released earlier on in the thread, by multiple people, I even have it downloaded, so that bit wasn't completely false. That's what gave me an inkling that it could be a real person.

Oh, ok. My bad then. I thought there wasn't any music posted. Fair point.

I thought it looked like spam. There should be a rule in the Terms you agree to when you join discussing what links go in your signature/posts.

I'm not saying he isn't spam, I mean there's a high chance he is (avatar, sig, posting almost directly after signing up). It's just that the relativity (lol) of his post isn't making me 100% sure.
We can let him site for a week, I think, and see if anything else comes up.

In other news, there was a big wave of (Spanish?) spam this morning. Luckily nobody saw it yet so I could ban it quick and clean.

I'm saying his is. We've seen posts that were similar. Why do you think MOM was so sure?

I agree, all the signs are pointing to spam. As I said, I just wasn't sure because it was so related, and because I wanted to see if he would respond to AP.

But it doesn't look like he will. If everyone agrees, we can ban him.

I don't mean to spam, but I found spam in general discussion. Could u get rid of it Shy

I made goomods.

Link to it if you can. You're doing great. Smile

Red , this is a I touch, so I can't copy the link, but I might look at what it's called.

I made goomods.

Alright. That's fine then.

It's called Evaparative Cooling.

I made goomods.

http://goofans.com/user/12043
edit: This one waited five weeks to post its spam. Is he a trusted user for that?

That's the spam I found, man Stare

I made goomods.

Yes, unfortunately. I can't ban him because of that. Sad

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Smart little cucumber.
It must be a human spammer.

All I can do is delete the threads. They'll probably post another wave later today.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

We might have to contact David if they'll keep spamming. He should be able to get rid of them.