Idea about Spam

625 replies [Last post]

You should just have it email you whenever this topic is updated.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I know, I thought that this topic was almost pointless since the tracker is there.

http://goofans.com/user/11120
Beat that kirdneh, I WAS FIRST

-_-

Albino Pokey wrote:
You should just have it email you whenever this topic is updated.

I get too many publish request emails as it is, though. Tongue And spam from my university, and spam from professors at my university, and I'm checking here when I'm online anyway, so I usually would beat an email also.

Whats a spam?

You don't know? It stands for Shoulder Pork HAM.

But seriously though, if you don't know what the spam we're talking about is, see here.

Kirdneh: sorry, because it's not my fault I need to go to school and miss the spam coming

it's ok. it's just some friendly competition.
@wikigoo: spam is when various companies use programs to automatically create users on this site and try to sell you stuff. most of the time, they are pretty stupid (hey kids! discount world of goo lovers will love our ugg boots!!!) but sometimes they are hard to distinguish. Mom, david, james, or another mod will Mega ban them (spam not youngling!! the ban hammer has spoken!!). the most famous spam on this site is Dhaya, who spammed this very topic.

-_-

By the way, is it possible to un-megaban someone?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I was wondering the same thing. I would assume so.

That's the smartest I've seen in ages. Profile pic, and even a reference to Ivy Gooballs. Applause to the creator.

Yes. Three cheers for Slurms, the creator. Although that wasn't technically spam, I still megabanned the account, Slurms. Please don't create fake spam, even for fun. Thanks.

Though admittedly, you did pull it off pretty well, since you got me to megaban it. Tongue Joke's on me, I guess.

What did it say?

I thought Slurms was a real dude.

He created a second account and used it to post joke spam.

Oh, darn Slurms doesn't know about IPs. Tongue

Joke spam? That could get you banned on some forums. Even in this case, he's accidentally megabanned.

will we EVER get a new user who stays here, isn't spam, and doesn't create fake spam?

-_-

No, he isn't banned or anything, I just noticed the same IP, noticed that Slurms was the first to post about it, noticed no links in the spam, and realized it was him. Then I banned the account anyway, just not the IP. Wink You can't ban IP's that another user uses, which is smart.

That's smart as. Anyway, I hope Slurms won't do it again.

kirdneh wrote:
will we EVER get a new user who stays here, isn't spam, and doesn't create fake spam?

Sterile looks pretty promising so far. Although for the moment all he wants is help Tongue

"Goooey goo" Is posting too much threads...I suggest that is bad?

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

It's a habit of his. Tongue We don't mind as much anymore.

Another habit of his is killing the exclamation point Tongue

-_-

so hows this work

`?_oF+b$BNp& ~=(Secret code that no one knows how to decrypt)

some stupid spam wrote:
Japan reminds the jammed mistake without the purple. Japan cautions the undesirable inside a legend. Japan zooms! Japan gins the fire above any intolerance. Every independent poster populates the dummy. A mouth chooses under the witch!

]http://goofans.com/forum/world-of-goo/support/3257

-_-

Despite the fact that I agree with it's ideas about Japan, it's spam, I think.

I cracked up when I saw it. It reminds me of YouTube's beta captions.