World of goo Reborn

33 replies [Last post]

As it says - all endings are new beginnings! So I would like members of the goofans with me take make the WOG even more popular so ALL THE WORLD WOULD KNOW ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER! We should make an advert for the WOG like in this web site there is an advert corner so we could make the advert like that and even put on youtube with sounds and all that stuff not just trailers!

Advertising might be good, but I don't think we would be allowed to actually advertise (with Google Ads or whatever) something we didn't create ourselves.

Recently, there's been a bit of informal advertising. For example, when Minecraft 1.1 came out, Notch used splashtext to get a message to all of his 4,665,527 users that said "Also try World of Goo!". Then it was posted on the Minecraft Wiki with an explanation and some information about the game.

So we would be able to do something like that if we wanted. I have a semi-vaporware Portal 2 mod somewhere here that includes some signs explaining how the repulsion gel is made. "Raw GOO PRODUCT is pumped from the World of Goo Corporation through these pipes, then combined with the liquified fiberglass and asbestos..."

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

If I ever finish my game I might have some kind of subliminal messages advertising WoG. But it's not that new a game, so most gamers know about it now.

word of mouth is the easiest, most legal way we could advertise, but boring.
maybe on the game we are making their will be a reference to world of goo?
item: gel. use: combine many things. Description: this gel was the dead remains of a goo, and after many years it was mined, and liquidized.

-_-

AP this Portal 2 mod sounds epic. I have to play it. How could I get it?

I never really finished it, but I'll put all the files together for you. I think there's a simple Co-op level for testing somewhere.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

mkay, cool

if adimomo ever gets popular, I'm definitely mentionning world of goo Smile

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

or wear a goo beanie. you know what they are, right?

-_-

Of course I do, you obviously don't know me! Tongue I'd have to get those online though!

just checking. Wink

-_-

So guys you suggest that there is already information about WOG in the minecraft, right? But who cares about that? Some people don't even know MINECRAFT (I didn't when I was a newbie) so we are STUCK! Need to ask davidc and aspecially Kyle for permission or something like that or we could make a video about the reborn... No that makes it even worse as people just wont type in WOG and all that stff... (Giggling)...

The advert guys, advert! WE NEED an advert! But it cost too much... LETS MAKE A CHARITY! Charity for WOG to be able to collect money for making adverts even on TVs and so the WOG will be one of the WORLD's famous games ever! I told one guy on Tanks online about WOG and he thinks that game is not for him as he looked at the trailer. People just don't know what they have gone over! The game is one of the coolest games ever! Only as one video one of you made with 3D WOG would be even better WOG... And if some people won't like WOG 2Dboy SHOULD make some more games as only WOG!

Wiki, no one wants to give money to advertise for a video game. And FYI over 20 million people registered on minecraft.net and almost 5 million bought the game. If you feel like paying adsense to advertise World of Goo, be my guest, but Kyle and Ron probably have the resources to do so, but don't judge it so important. What we could do is advertise goofans a little more, which would ultimately lead to reviving wog with unlimited gameplay, which was what the game was most critisized for, I believe.

We could all send an e-mail to the editor of every game magazine (print or any other media) we know. Maybe they make a little article about goofans.com.

Good idea! But do you have the courage to do that?

I think that's an awesome idea. It'd be cool if PC Gamer would make an article about us, they were pretty hyped when WoG came out. It'd greatly increase our traffic, anyway.

What game magazines were you thinking of?

how about Game Informer?

-_-

Seems like we would have to pay for ad-space. Just ask someone at PCG for an article. We'd get a bunch more visitors.

Well duh! Can't we make a donation space on goofans to buy ad space?

Right, momo, who disagrees? You guys are getting cool ideas and suggesting em! Advertise the WOG a bit more would be good idea of getting even more people here. I didn't know there are 5 million users cuz MOM said once there isn't even a million! If you guys thinking to make a magazine would be great idea only I'm not really sure if it will work...

This site? There are less than 2000 registered users.

Here's what I suggest, getting this video featured:

Nice video! How long has that been around?

Long enough IMO

That's awesome. And I noticed it's made by Daft as Brush, you can see the account name at 0:34.

Now quick, everybody go and spam this video on random forums! Tongue

Yeeeah!
Can those who have access to the wogfan youtube account make this a video commentary to the most viewed World of Goo trailer?

This was made over a year ago. It got a lot of support on the 2DBOY forums.

Hhmm, why so few views then?

Well, it was posted when the game's popularity was lowering. Also, it was mainly just to advertise the new wogfan website.

Why don't we put it on the homepage or something? It might get people more intrigued if they stumble upon the site.