IOException in (level name) : Unable to parse document (com.goofans.gootool.v).

27 replies [Last post]

Hi, I have already outta the game so I wanted a new level. I have installed Gootoll and installed some levels, but when saving reports: in keeponrunning IOException: Unable to parse document (com.goofans.gootool.v) Please advise. I apologize for my bad English I am from Czech Republic.

Hi, dusik!
What levels do you have installed? It may be a problem with the level itself, and we'll fix it if we know which level it is.

Welcome to goofans dusik.
That's strange, you are the first person having trouble with keep on running and I always thought it's stabil. Puzzled
What does gootool do if you disable keep on running? Is it complaining about the next level you have installed or is it running fine?
What OS ar you running?
Do you have the latest version of "World of Goo"?(check MOM4Evr's signature for the patch)

One little request on my side:If the problem is fixed, please play On the run before you play keep on running as it's the sequel of On the run.

are you on windows? maybe you downloaded the wrong file.

-_-

I downloaded from http://goofans.com/download/utility/gootool I try many levels (The Superhighway of information, keep runing on, World og Goo Far Lands, ..)
it could be that in the options tab I uploaded the file for profile? I can not find it I tried different ways that I found on the internet but there's nothing I tried to look through the windows search but did not find the file pers2.dat I tried looking but I just pers2 nothing.

Hm, so it's a general problem and not the goomods.
I don't think it is something about your profile file.
Are you running gootool as administrator?

I tried, but it takes me a password. I'm not on any account passwords. I tried to leave the field blank, but I can not.,: (

I find profile file and assigned him to the options-profile but still the same message: IOException in (level name): Unable to parse document (com.goofans.gootool.v).

(Posts merged by puggsoy.)

Ok, that's the problem.
Gootool needs admininstrator rights for adding and changing files to the game. Who installed your sytem? Ask him/her for the password.

edit: please use the edit button rather than posting twice in a row.

I have not password, I tried to find the password through ophcrack but it did not find any password that I do not write your password

Then you need to be logged into the administrator account in order to run it as admin.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

yea i think AP is right

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

On the computer I have 3 accounts, I tried it at all but I still own the watchtower. When I'll run it as administrator so it wants the password for me, but I do not have no respect for your password.

Well, even if you're on a limited account, you could copy C:\Program Files\WorldOfGoo to somewhere you own. Then point GooTool to that same place.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yes, AP is right. If you place a file in a non password protected place, then GooTool doesn't need administrator priviliges.
If you're on Windows7, I suggest you to put it in Saved Games folder, that one in your user folder.

I try everythink not working,says the same again and again and again .... Sad(((((

I changed the password administaratora and ran as administrator, after running it for me I wanted to choose an installation file, so I entered and ran. After that, it reported: uncaught exception (java.lang.NullpointerException): null
same time, what?

I copied the folder from C :/ WorldofGoo program files into their documents. When I enter in Gootoll custom options in World of Goo path where the files I copy it writes: You can´t install to same directory that World of Goo's already in! Make a new directory

Right. So make a new (empty) directory elsewhere in your documents, and point GooTool's custom directory there. The point the "World of Goo Installation" to the folder in your documents that you copied World of Goo to.

yea like that

and you are triple posting

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

I started again I reinstalled GooTool entered into the box and custom World of Goo: mojedokumenty founded and gave nevo folder OK Then I copied the contents of the folder programfiles WorlofGoo into their documents. Then I entered into the field of World of Goo installation: my documents and vnich is one of WorldofGoo.exe programfiles so I picked it and gave the OK and clicked on save. He copied it into that folder (game coping files to custom folder) but then it reported: Map failed (java.io.IOException). Really I do not know what to Goo Tool just does not work! : (: (: (: (: (: (: (
PS: excuse my bad English I'm from Czech Republic

pls help me

Copy World of Goo to your desktop.
Make an empty folder on your desktop.
Point GooTool to those. Don't use Program Files.

Copy World of Goo to your desktop. From program files? WorldofGoo.exe?

I've had the issue a lot. It was a pers2.dat error but for this case, it just seems to be an admin rights issue. If the tower is yours and you still have an OS disk, you may be better off backing up you data and reinstalling the OS. Or try simpler ways like Logging in to the Administrator account or using a live CD to clear the password.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)? and copy the folder called WorldOfGoo to the desktop. Now go into the folder and double-click WorldOfGoo.exe to run it.

What's next? This starts the normal game but I want to add these new levels. Please write me again at the most detailed instructions. I'm from Czech Republic and understand English very well (I use google translate)

So now point GooTool at the copy on the desktop.

It says: IOException in (levelname) :Unabletoparse document (com.goofans.gootool.v) again.