GooTool's account non-deleting bug

17 replies [Last post]

I might have mentioned this before, but I can't remember. This happens for every computer I have. Once you delete your account on WoG, it's gone, but not on GooTool. Deleting an account from WoG will stop GooTool from processing. Either this is a giant bug, or it has not even been programmed into it. The fact it, I have done all of the OCDs on my account. When I checked on GooTool (even refreshing it) it showed me different data than it is in the actual game. While my latest amount of moves was 40 on Regurgitation Pumping station, it showed me 94 (And yes, I checked that it was my account). This is probably because I've deleted some account on my WoG before and this has happened to me on three computers, so I can be affirmative about this problem. Is there a way to fix it? If not then why has it not been resolved yet?

You know what, I give up. This is completely stupid. As GooTool didn't work, I tried to do this the other way, but what the Windows XP tutorial said about uploading leaderboards without GooTool was wrong; there are no such folders as Local Settings or Aplication Data. All I have is Program Files in Local Disk, where I have a folder called WorldOfGoo. There I have res, WorldOfGoo.exe, Uninstaller, WoG movie maker and Woogle and some other files. There is no such thing as pers2.dat!

Have you tried to just serch the pers2.dat file with the search function of windows? Wink

goomatz wrote:
Have you tried to just serch the pers2.dat file with the search function of windows? Wink

Yes, don't ask that kind of question -__-
according to one video people who brought WoG after some kind of "birthday sale" can't upload the thing that way. I just realized that my Gootool is stupid and can't locate Java or something. Gootool doesn't even open on my Laptop. It is crashed and it needs to be updated and fix all the errors, else I can't upload any towers, OCD etc.

Or are there any other solutions? Reinstalling Gootool doesn't help either. Try to do this on WoG yourself and Gootool will go nuts: Create a new account, complete two or three levels and then delete that account; Gootool will be stuck or simply won't open the next time. It once completely crashed on my sister's laptop. Remember, both laptops we have are Windows 7 and both desktops are Windows XP.

So, since nothing works; anyone knows davidc's e-mail? Or can any of you moderators do this: I can show you the video of me having completed all OCDs and you would provide me the OCD badge. Gootool is so broken! Any version of it sucks for me.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

Yes, don't ask that kind of question -__-

Ok, sorry, sometimes the trivial stuff helps.
Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

Try to do this on WoG yourself and Gootool will go nuts: Create a new account, complete two or three levels and then delete that account; Gootool will be stuck or simply won't open the next time. It once completely crashed on my sister's laptop. Remember, both laptops we have are Windows 7 and both desktops are Windows XP.

I tried, nothing bad happens. Though I'm not using win xp or win7.

goomatz wrote:
I tried, nothing bad happens. Though I'm not using win xp or win7.

Well, try to get some new record on a level now, or just even stare at the screen for a few minutes; will the Gootool update your progress? If not, then there you go. If it does, well I guess there is problems with the Windows version of Gootool. Anyone who can update it?

I think I had a similar problem here were gootool was not refreshing and kept showing me a non-existent profile.

I'd say just backup your profile and try to restore it and see if it that helps.

My Profile

No, what has happened to me is that the Gootool shows the old data of my current profile, so yes it's not updating. Backing up my profile won't do anythin in this situation, now will it? I can still upload addins and take them out, but the Gootool is stuck. May be it's because my dad took out the custom WoG folder and then Gootool had to make a new one? I don't really know, but is there any other way this can be sorted? I really want that OCD badge, I even have proof and everything.

Am I getting this right? You want to transfer the profile from one computer to another?
I'm not sure if I understand what you did.
Is the new Custom WoG gootool created at the latest version (1.3)? In older versions the pers2.dat file is located in different location, iIrc.
Why do you delete a profile when you want to publish one?

goomatz wrote:
Am I getting this right? You want to transfer the profile from one computer to another?
I'm not sure if I understand what you did.
Is the new Custom WoG gootool created at the latest version (1.3)? In older versions the pers2.dat file is located in different location, iIrc.
Why do you delete a profile when you want to publish one?

Either your English is bad or I'm insane...
Anyway, no, that's not what happened. My dad took out my custom WoG out of the computer, to save space. This might have caused my Gootool to not work, but I know for sure it didn't work before. Long story short, I need a way to make Gootool work again, as it doesn't change any new stats of what I've done in my account.

Basically my Gootool is stuck, probably because I'm using Windows computer. I need a way to make Gootool detect what I have done in the game again.

EDIT: all thought transferring doesn't sound bad... But that's for another time, I need a way to make my Gootool work! On my laptop it doesn't even open anymore!

A question: What is pers2.dat file anyway? And why is it not in the latest versions? Is there any other way that than and Gootool in which I can upload my progress in WoG?

pers2.dat is a file on your computer which WoG uses to save information such as which levels you have completed and the height of your wogc tower, collectively referred to as your "profile". The patched version of the game puts this file in a different location than the unpatched one. So if you played the unpatched version, ran GooTool, then applied the v1.3 patch, GooTool is still looking at the old copy of profile.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Albino Pokey wrote:
pers2.dat is a file on your computer which WoG uses to save information such as which levels you have completed and the height of your wogc tower, collectively referred to as your "profile". The patched version of the game puts this file in a different location than the unpatched one. So if you played the unpatched version, ran GooTool, then applied the v1.3 patch, GooTool is still looking at the old copy of profile.

I remember another user(Crazy_Pony maybe?) that had a similar problem. Here's the topic.
Maybe it can help.

Albino Pokey wrote:

Okay, so you found the problem, well done, AP, but what about the solution?

EDIT:

movildima wrote:
Albino Pokey wrote:

I remember another user(Crazy_Pony maybe?) that had a similar problem. Here's the topic.
Maybe it can help.

;_;

Okay, that sorts out pretty much all of my problems, I guess. But what about my laptop not running the Gootool at all when I click on it?

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

I think you're insane Tongue
You said you don't have the same problem like naveed but then it turned out you did have the problem. Tongue

goomatz wrote:
Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

I think you're insane Tongue
You said you don't have the same problem like naveed but then it turned out you did have the problem. Tongue

I said that I don't have the same problem as what you said. So I'm not insane.

It is time for you all to understand the simple truth.

Everyone is insane.

BACON

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON
(movildima.exe stopped working...)