World of Goo iOS easter egg

51 replies [Last post]

"We have discovered a strange new character who mysteriously appears after the end of the game. This new character seems to appear only in the iOS versions of World of Goo. But upon further investigation, there seems to be a good reason for that."

What do you think, what does it mean?

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Can somebody post a video or scrennshot of this new character?
I don't have a mac and I would like to get an idea of it.
What does he look like and what is he saying or doing?

Don't know. thats the point. Its not on Mac, its on iPhone/iPod/iPad. And that version will be out on Thursday. 2D Boy just said the quote above.

Ok I see now, I didn't notice the article on 2dboy.com yet.
I don't have an iPhone/iPod/iPad neither.
But I am so curious about it, maybe it's giving another hint for a World of Goo 2 Exclamation MarkQuest Exclamation Mark

Sign Painter, anyone? We've never seen him yet, you know! Or maybe it's coming from another indie game. Could be one of his past creations, or maybe a new gooball... the possibilites are certainly endless! (Until Thursday, of course. Then it's a secret to no one. Wink )

Yeah, good ideas. I would love to see the Sign Painter.
And about the indie game: Are there any news about Little Inferno?

That's another guess, but I dunno if Tommorrow Corp updated their site. I guess it wouldn't hurt to check (or follow their twitter!).

hey, how bout if WOG2 is a world of the signpainter's forgotten creations? you know, like epic mickey. and there is a gooball that is the original version of the ivy ball

-_-

Original version?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I saw the character! At the end of the very last level, there is the cutscene then the credits (BTW we're in the special thanks!) and then there is a strange extra level... *SPOILERS!* You meet a gooball selling stuff at 99c but all his stuff is out of stock! All he has left is a kind of zepplin thingy called the "Mighty Blimp" if you buy it you get the Blimp flying in the "MapWorldView" if you tap it, a level shows up and you see the Blimp flying, all you can do is exit. For now, the Blimp is completely useless, but my guess is that it will have the same role as the "Mighty Eagle" in Angry Birds, and skips will be removed.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

woW! Awesome momo1526! I've been playing it last night and got to chapter 5, didn't see any new characters and the I got sleepy and went to bed. Smile

For me, in France, it came out in the morning. Plus, I had the iPad version and I finished the game, so I copied th plist file to keep my profile.

EDIT: Oh, and I just realized I was first in the game center Leaderboards with a 25 meter tower XD Screenshots coming soon...

It's nice to play somme goo again. I found the gameplay less precise than the PC version but it seems inevitable.

I took a couple of screenshots of the easter egg for the wonderers : http://img62.imageshack.us/g/img0025ta.png/
(don't click if you don't want to know)

Wow, cool! They had mentioned The Mighty Goo Ball but I thought it was a joke.

What's the filename of the secret blimp level?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Hey, cool. I WANTS A BLIMP! Laughing out loud

Kopa wrote:
It's nice to play somme goo again. I found the gameplay less precise than the PC version but it seems inevitable.

I took a couple of screenshots of the easter egg for the wonderers : http://img62.imageshack.us/g/img0025ta.png/
(don't click if you don't want to know)

HI KOPA! Good to hear from you again!

Yeah, iOS version is less precise, (frustrating sometimes) but it kinda looks cool on small handheld device. It is definitely better then any other game out there.

I managed to get the blimp too! Looks awesome!

@momo1526
What world of goo are you using, HD or regular? In my leaderboards there are 3 cheaters with billion meter towers, first regular user has 34 meters.

Not first anymore, but I use regular.

On the fresh new version on Iphone (no-HD), noone has spoiled the leaderboards yet. I'm a bit disappointed not to find a leadeboard per level/chapter like in the old time though.

I've ranked first with a 29m tower sorry momo Smile

Fun fact : only 200 goos in the corporation.

I was kind of surprized to be first in the Leaderboards! I'm actually glad that people who can play better than me are before me and not cheaters like in the iPad version Angry EDIT: I am now 1 meter underneath you, and I have two more achievments than you Tongue we gonna rock those leaderboards!!!

Does the blimp orbit?

Albino Pokey wrote:
Does the blimp orbit?

Nope, it just drifts without moving. But once I closed the game, it just disappeard. I hoped it'd stay!

Darn!

I really want to see the decompiled files for the blimp, the map screen, and the new levels.

momo1526 wrote:
if you buy it you get the Blimp flying in the "MapWorldView" if you tap it, a level shows up and you see the Blimp flying, all you can do is exit.

Does this pave the way for a sixth chapter in map world view?

No idea if it'd work for a 6th chapter.
But the only problem with that would be the files only work on an iPad/Pod/Phone, so there wouldn't be any way to port it to the PC version (Unless there's a way to port it to Mac, but I doubt even that). Since we can't add a Chapter 6 as it is, I imagine that they changed the code for the application, and made very few changes to the xml (No chapter 6 is a hardcoded problem, remember?).

It just was wild guess. Puzzled
I Thought if 2dboy changed something in their code it could be ported.Tired

Thank you, Kopa! I don't have any iDevices that could play that, so I wouldn't have seen that otherwise. That's pretty neat!

I got the game two days ago and I finished it last night(Well, I did skip the last few levels becuase I didnt have much time to play becuase of my bed time) and saw the extra level. When I was talking the guy, on one of the last phrases, I clicked the third option and got the blimp for free! One of the things that I was hoping the surprise would be was an extra level, but whatcha going to do? The bilmp could of been a cool extra level, with you exploring the inside of the blimp or something like that. I hope that in the next update they could put mabey an extra level and fix the crash problum(This happened three times, once when I was on the world map, another when I was begining the Fly Away Little Ones stage, and a third time just when I unlocked the blimp. The crash froze the game and when I tried to close it and go back in, it stayed on the same picture, so I had to turn my Ipad, my Itouch wasnt advanced enough, to make it work again) I really hope they at least fix the crash problem in the next update.

AKA "Goobomber" practically everything else

T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶o̶b̶r̶i̶d̶s̶:̶ C̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ 's̶o̶o̶n̶' (̶V̶a̶l̶v̶e̶ T̶i̶e̶m̶)̶ ...if WoG 2 has modding support and I can remember what ideas I had a decade ago, maybe? No clue, I was like 12

Profile pic from Ne

Can someone write a detailed description of this extra ending, with all the original text and key images (or even a video)? I would really love to experience it but don't own any iDevice, so I count on people's stories. Wink

Thanks.

Same here

Nicosmos wrote:
Can someone write a detailed description of this extra ending, with all the original text and key images (or even a video)? I would really love to experience it but don't own any iDevice, so I count on people's stories. Wink

Thanks.

Ok... New to the forum but thought I would post the video so that you can all see it.

Apologies for the quality... I recorded my iPad with my phone! But you get the idea! Wink

Hey, cool! Thanks, swish! Smile

EDIT: I can totally see now why this is only in the iOS version. This is hilarious.