Level Editor Discussion

31 replies [Last post]

I made goomods.

Aight, so what's your question?

Yes, and please state it clearly, gooey. Don't go saying "what I said in the other thread" or anything, just ask what you want.

One thing I need:Mac beta patch

I made goomods.

Sweet. Now, if would be so kind, I'd like to know a mac beta patch for what.

The level editor.

I made goomods.

Righto. Well, you can download the Mac beta of the level editor here. Is that what you want? If not, please explain what you do want in detail.

I made goomods.

OH! You need world of goo! Well I don't know of a Mac version, but I do know how to get the full windows version for free without pirating! You simply go to the library and check it out! They have it at mine and once I installed it, it ran without the CD, so I could play it forever without ever having to check it out again! Smile Tongue

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

But I use Mac

I made goomods.

So you want a patch for the Mac version of the game? What does that have to do with the level editor?

And World of Goo isn't in beta. If you want any help, you're going to have to explain yourself. And I mean EXPLAIN. Not just respond with a few sentences.

I made goomods.

Tired
"here" doesn't do ANY one ANY good.

-_-

gooey goo wrote:

Here Stare

Right here Angry

I made goomods.

Gooey, that is a page with multiple topics, talking about multiple things. We have no idea which of those you're talking about, let alone what about it.

Please, just explain what you want to us in your own words.

HOW DO I GET THE MAC PATCH FOR WORLD OF GOO FOR CRYING OUT LOUD?!

I made goomods.

Thank you. No need to shout, if you'd simply said this in the first place it would have saved a lot of time.

As far as I know there is no Mac patch for World of Goo. The Mac version you can get on 2DBoy is the latest version you can get. I'm not 100% positive about this, but I'm pretty sure. MOM4Evr can probably confirm if I'm right or not.

Is there a link?

I made goomods.

puggsoy wrote:
As far as I know there is no Mac patch for World of Goo.

As I said, I don't think there's a Mac patch. So there's obviously no link.

Unfortunately, I have no idea if there is a Mac patch for World of Goo or not. I'm inclined to believe there isn't, as the Mac version from 2DBoy is the only version for Mac there is, according to the page gooey linked to.

There isn't AFAIK. Why do you want a patch?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Here is the link, gooeygoo, to the non-existent patch. now granted, it hasn't been made yet so it might be buggy. or contain nothing at all:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/This_page_does_NOT_exist

-_-

So why do you want a patch? I think the only release for Mac WAS 1.3 already, so it wouldn't need a patch.

So what do I do with python?

I made goomods.

Python is unrelated to this discussion completely.

Why did you want a Mac patch?

gooey goo wrote:
The level editor.

I made goomods.

As has been discussed already, you don't need the nonexistent patch for running the level editor in Mac, as the nonexistent Mac patch doesn't exist. What you need is to install Python, and run the Python scripts from the command line. For instructions on installing and running Python, I would recommend Google, and for instructions on installing/running other things you need for the level editor, I would recommend reading my tutorial for installing/running the editor in Linux. As both Mac and Linux are UNIX-based, it should run fairly similar. If one of the steps in my tutorial doesn't work, please let us know what step, what actions you took up to that point, all terminal output you got, etc. And because I know you'll never look in the FAQ pages to try to find where my tutorial is, here: http://goofans.com/running-woogle-wooble-and-woovie-linux

Happy reading. If you run into any troubles, I expect a paragraph (which, by definition, is 4-5 sentences minimum) detailing what didn't work, and we'll proceed from there.

I'm not linux

I made goomods.

MOM4Evr wrote:
As both Mac and Linux are UNIX-based, it should run fairly similar.

There will be minor terminal command differences, but we can research them as you come to them.

I think gooey wants the patch for the game to let him test the levels in Wogle, right gooey?
is it necessary to patch the game for this reason on mac? If I remember well that was a Windows issue.