World of Goo controlled with Kinect

15 replies [Last post]

Check out this video we've made of controlling World of Goo for PC with the Kinect.

The position of your hand is mapped to the cursor, and then we recognize you opening and closing your hand to grab and release the goo.

I'm playing through the whole game this way, I'll let you know when I've beat it Smile.

We may approach the developers about a possible Xbox port of the game licensing our hand recognition.

Here's another video that offers a more general discussion of the tech.

whoa! That's amazing! Peter B! Get this now and start breaking records this way XD.
But still, that's amazing Laughing out loud

Yamaco! - Every Gooball ever
Computer! Y U get virus?

Thanks Smile. Can you think of other games that might control well this way? Games that use either drag-and-drop or drawing as the main mechanic seem to be a good fit.

Wow, your hand is covered with goo Smile really cool
What about crayon physics?

Ha! You're right, Crayon Physics would be awesome. We'll work on a gameplay video for that one as well. Thanks.

Yeah, Crayon Physics would be cool.

Only other things I can think of would be point-and-click adventures, like Machinarium, Botanicula, Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery, that sort of thing. Of course, if you really want, you could make a Kinect version of BIT.TRIP Runner; I bet that'd be a good workout! Tongue

MOM4Evr wrote:
you could make a Kinect version of BIT.TRIP Runner; I bet that'd be a good workout! Tongue

Lold. This is something I would buy an Xbox for. Tongue

Epic! You need to show this to 2D Boy!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Thanks! We'll be demoing this at a computer vision conference in a couple weeks. We'll be entering it in a competition with the opportunity to win a licensing arrangement with Microsoft. If we don't get that, we'll probably try and get in touch with 2D Boy.

So cool. Laughing out loud

-_-

Only just watched this, very cool. As goomatz said Crayon Physics would be cool, maybe card game like Yu-Gi-Oh! Power of Chaos could work too.

By the way, would I be allowed to show this on another forum I frequent? I think the people there would find this just as awesome.

Absolutely! Let me know when you post it.

Posted.

By the way, have you talked at all with 2D Boy about a XBox 360 port?

He probably wants a link, too. Tongue

I have no idea how I forgot that. Linked Tongue

Hey, not as exciting as with Kinect, but I played some WoG with my drawing tablet today, it felt like I was actually dragging gooballs with my pen Laughing out loud It's not as fast as with the mouse (probably since I'm less used to it), but I finished the first couple of levels with no problems and even worked a bit on my tower.
I bet with some practice I could play pretty much as well as with the mouse (although in my case that isn't really that good anyway).