The Albino Pokey Goo Ball Library

32 replies [Last post]

I'm working on an addin that's a "library of Goo Balls", which would contain a sandbox level and a TON of new Goo Balls. So far I have the ExchangeGOOtent BombHeat, MattOG's Sandbox_Gold, DaB's UtilEarthquake and some that I have made. If you want your custom Goo Balls to be included, just post them here! Smile

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Hmm... If your library contains all of the goo balls here, then it would make installing levels with external goo ball dependencies easier...

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

I was thinking that I wouldn't include all of them...for example, the Metal balls would add a ton of file size and wouldn't be used in many levels.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Here's the list so far:

BombHeat
Sandbox_Gold
UtilEarthquake
Evil
Launch
Glow
GlowProduct
Helium
Ice
Inferno

If you want to add to this list, post here!

Ermmm!.....
No problem with you including my ball... feel free... but an "issue" has just occured to me.

More to do with some of the other balls, than mine, but... what if the original author changes them.. enhances them.. fixes them.. whatever....

Either you'll need to keep "on top of it" and make sure you update your library every time one of the original authors makes a change...
or things will get a bit confusing with people having different versions of the same balls, and which one the game uses depends on which addins are installed and in what order... yours may overwrite theres or the other way around.

Don't get me wrong, I think ball packs are a great idea, it's just if you're going to release a "pack", the balls inside it probably should be "yours"... or at least... under your control... no?

i second that.

and if everyone would release their balls independently, (just a ball goomod, instead of level goomods with balls included), and makes sure the dependecies work (for the levels that need them),
then you could easily make a ball pack goomod, that'd be really just a dependency list. so you dont have to care about updates (in other players balls or balls inside level goomods.)
i think. haven't tested it.

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |

Yeah... I think that the UtilEarthquake is ok because it only does one thing (making a sound), so it can't really be upgraded, and the gold one I modified and used a different name... I might also rename the BombHeat (maybe BombLava?) and the rest are my own. I can also just upgrade this mod if there's a BIG update, ie, changing the function of a Goo Ball.

Yeah I just need to make dependencies work and make GooTool automatically download required mods Smile

Ooops. Does that mean dependencies are nothing but fancy xml tags, for now?
and does "I just need to make it work" mean, you do it? In the near future? Wink
If not, i smell another job for DaB. Wink

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |

Anybody want to include new Goo Balls? Last chance (sort of) !

Spongebob rulez too Crown Crown Crown Crown

Back

Sure! Just fix a few things...
1) Use the xmls, not the bins
2) Could you tell me what it does? How many strands, detachable?
3) Is it used in a level or mod? I it is it might not work... see above.

If you fix these, I'll put it in!

1) fix
2) flammable, 4-strand detachable, Bombable(detonateable).
3) level with that gooball(i mean the ball are in the level, no other mod required)

Back

Okay... If it's in a level, I might not be able to do it (see Daft as Brush's first comment up there). It sounds cool, did you make it from scratch, or from editing an existing ball?

xml-ing drained & bombshaft gooball in new file, make the picture, editing drained xml, imput Bombing-effect from bombshaft, bin-ing ball.

Back

Wow!

so? are added?

Back

What about my BugProduct from Experimental Level Project? Or special Read Pokey and errored Ivy form Spider Goo?

And about dependencies: Goo Tool probably should have possibility of installing not entire goomods. There should be advenced options that gives you control what should be added to your custom WoG. (e.g. I want to install only balls from one addin, everything without levels or only particles and materials... )

Sure, I'll add all of those...I personally like the red Pokeys, but what are the BugProducts?

Anyway, with new Goo Balls or a level, installing and then disabling the addin keeps them in res/balls/ (or res/levels/). The only problem might be custom particles...

i not had a custom particles

Back

Maybe "silver" and "bronce":)Big smile

Those would be cool! Maybe bronze isn't detachable, silver is a bit lighter and only 2 strands...

DON"T INCLUDE MY VIRUS GOO cause I will be changeing it soon!

Always have at least 3 levels in the work shop (Woogle)!

are spongebob added?

Back

ExGT: Unless you suggest it on here, I won't yet. Don't worry! Smile

qwsx: It will be when I upload the mod.

Can my Hype balls be in it? You can email the mod to me so far and I'll put them in if they can.
jmleleven(at)gmail(dot)com

OVER 9000

Sure! I'm not going to use email, I'll just upload the beta.

I think that BugProduct is the "levitating goo" from Wrong Idea of Goo.

This is a really good idea. Upload BETA please!!! Speaking of beta, could you use those BETA balls from beta school?

I'm playing Minecraft. My username is theMineMaster2. If you want to see my Cartoony mods updated, then be a Mac user and find a image editing program that isn't confusing for me Smile

Sure, if I get permission from Tacomann13. I'm currently putting together a goomod, then I'm going to add some of these balls to a clone of MattOG's sandbox so you can test them out Smile

The beta is up, just waiting for a mod to approve it! It's classified as "other."

spongebob? are there?

Back