Ball Making Challange

38 replies [Last post]

I think the probability for conflict is still quite low, maybe we should have a list on the site, and we could check for conflicts.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

I list would be pretty annoying to make. Not to mention 1) not everybody would submit their ball names and 2) not everybody would check the list.

We could make it automatic, I mean, the website does automatically see the addin version. I think it wouldn't be so hard to go look in the balls folder of the goomod.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Mebbe. I don't think it's likely to happen, but either way people should precede the ball folder by their name, just so that people can see who made it.

Indeed. It may be a good idea to do the same for levels. I know we've had name conflicts for levels in the past. Anyway, the reason I suggested prefixes is because thB did that for pretty much all his levels, and it's a good idea. Not that we'd enforce this as a rule for addin development, but it's a good practice for those who are making levels and mods. Name conflicts would just be something really difficult to find and debug.

I'll do that as well. I dunno why I haven't been doing this before.

I've made some levels. They used to have "EN49_" as a prefix.

That's why all my gooballs have "goomatz_" as prefix. That's kind of long and I probably will use "gm_" in future.