Some interesting bugs

12 replies [Last post]

A goo ball can be attached to itself!
WooGLE allowed goo balls have duplicated ids so that if we connect strands between them, they won't work as expected.
-discovered by @wogfan

Shock

Must try...

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Great, this gives me an idea.Cool

Everything which doesn't have a strand (like Anchor, Beauty) can be attached to another ball which have a strand (like common) in the game. But WooGLE only accept you attach Anchor but not Beauty to others.

uh oh, goomatz is getting an idea... Tongue
i wanna see a vid of this. seems cool.

-_-

kirdneh wrote:
i wanna see a vid of this. seems cool.
OK. I will upload the video recorded by @wogfan to YouTube...

HERE IT IS:

Wow, that's pretty interesting. I've never thought of doing that.

got an idea: is it possible to create a screensaver with a choosable world of goo background with no grave that has dispensers and you fling the goos around? like an aquarium, but a goo-quarium!

-_-

Yes, fairly easily. Along the lines of the Vector Sandbox? But how would you exit it? The escape key?

Also, off topic.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

The easiest way I think: Just make a program that runs WorldOfGoo.exe ScreensaverLevel in it, and then rename it to .scr.

But then it would crash if you ended the level normally.

Maybe Goomatz could come up with a GooPeg-like way of ending the level when a button was clicked.

(Also, a shortcut (.lnk) can't be a screensaver. One or two lines of C++ would do the same thing, though.)

Thing about screensavers is that there are a bunch of command-line arguments you have to deal with. There may be some way you're supposed to notify windows you're running, too, I'm not sure. It seems to behave strangely otherwise. I figured out all I know about screensavers by reverse engineering how they work. It's probably a better idea to actually look at the specs for making screensavers.

I don't think using WorldOfGoo.exe as a screensaver is a good idea in the first place. Most screensavers are just things that keep your screen (and possibly you) occupied when your PC's idle, and it should go away when you move the mouse. However if you run World of Goo then moving the mouse will move the cursor, and you'll have to exit the program yourself.