The Sorting Machine

24 replies [Last post]

Ok...When playing Genetic Sorting Machine something caught my eye... Apparently only uglies can go through the ugly tube and vise versa. Is it hardcoded? Or is there some kind of extra element? Or is it a little difference between ugly and beauty?

Because writing signatures is too mainstream

Go to books page and search for genetis sorting machine level. Everything is explained there. But basically how it works is that Ugly acts as a baloon in forcefields tagged antigrav=true. There are two forcefields and both are pushing things to the right. But because ugly is antigrav, he will go to the left. That's the trick.

Does that mean that antigrav=true in the ugly makes it act like a balloon in antigrav=true force fields?

Yes. That's also why you can never have Uglies and Balloons in the same place. Each level (except GSM) in chapter 2 has one type or the other, depending on the mechanics: Volcanic Spa has an Ugly, since UglyProducts don't burn/poison, for example.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Wait a second....What if i attach an ugly in the editor? will it fly up?

Why ask? Try it.
In the case of Uglies, attaching/unattaching makes no difference, as they have isantigravunattached=true, which means they float up no matter what. Balloons, on the other hand, have isantigravunattached=false, which means they fall down when not attached. But keep in mind that only forcefields with antigrav=true will cause either to float upwards. If you have a forcefield with antigrav=false, balloons won't float up, and neither will uglies. WooGLE defaults forcefields to antigrav=true.

(I'm going off memory here; someone correct me if I'm wrong in any of this)

I had an ugly in my level once...Did not float up, even though i did not change the forcefield...

EDIT Oh, wait that was a beauty.... Anyways NOOOW I GET IT! THAT IS WHY THERE ARE NO BALLOON GOO WHEN THERE IS AN UGLY! SO THE ANTIGRAV=FALSE PREVENTS ANY ANTIGRAV!!!!

THANKS!

nothinggoo wrote:
something caught my eye... Apparently only uglies can go through the ugly tube and vise versa.

I'm pretty sure that caught everybody's eye Wink

But no, MOM is mistaken, WooGLE defaults antigrav to false, even for the initial ambient forcefield, so your Ugly acted properly. Of course I just had to check this just now, I've never made a level with balloons (or Uglies) before so I've never had to change the antigrav attribute for any of my forcefields.

EDIT: Wow I think you got caps lock stuck there.

puggsoy wrote:

But no, MOM is mistaken, WooGLE defaults antigrav to false, even for the initial ambient forcefield, so your Ugly acted properly.

Nope, default is true! just checked!
puggsoy wrote:
EDIT: Wow I think you got caps lock stuck there.

always happens to me Tongue

I thought WooGLE made the ambient gravity in the level antigrav true, and others default to false?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Derp, AP has it right. Thanks, AP. Smile

Yes, I thought so too. But that means balloons won't go the opposite way in small, directed forcefields.

That's true; they won't, unless you set antigrav=true. In the case of a lot of small, directed forcefields, though, you don't want the balloon to be pulled, say, downwards and to the left when everybody else is going up and to the right. It'd just look strange. You'd want it to be pulled in the same direction as all the other Goo Balls.

Yes, i know. I never said that i dont like it.

Yes you did. Look at the italic part of your last post.

That was not me....I did not know it was called italic anyway Tongue nice try but using moderator powers is cheating Tongue

EDIT pls change it back what if Draft as Brush sees it....Laughing out loud

Sorry. Tongue But I doubt if Daft will see it, he hasn't been on here for months.

Yeah oh well...But i have to admit that was a nice joke Smile

Albino Pokey wrote:
I thought WooGLE made the ambient gravity in the level antigrav true, and others default to false?

You're right, dunno why I thought the default ambient was false Tongue

MOM4Evr wrote:
Why ask? Try it.
In the case of Uglies, attaching/unattaching makes no difference, as they have isantigravunattached=true, ...)

*cough*
Uglies have no strands, they can't be attached. Tongue

Yep, just tried it myself. If they DID, though, it still wouldn't matter.

goomatz wrote:
MOM4Evr wrote:
Why ask? Try it.
In the case of Uglies, attaching/unattaching makes no difference, as they have isantigravunattached=true, ...)

*cough*
Uglies have no strands, they can't be attached. Tongue
No! WooGLE doesn't allow you to do so. But in fact you can attach an ugly to other goo balls like common. Wink

Well, of course. Only gb2 needs a strand for it to work. But with an Ugly it had better be a fairly long strand...

Never tried that. Puzzled
Will do it now.
Cool, that way the player can drag the ugly/beauty one time for detaching.

goomatz wrote:
Cool, that way the player can drag the ugly/beauty one time for detaching.
That's right because beauty is detachable. Wink