HD version

23 replies [Last post]

There are many reviews of this version that say the HD version costs more but is no different to the cheaper version. Can you verify this?

Thanks,
Carla

I'm assuming you're talking about the HD version for iOS (iPad, iPhone, etc), since I don't know of any other HD version.

The reviews you've read are most likely from unofficial or unprofessional sources. I think it's very strange and weird of 2D Boy to release a fake HD version which is identical to the original, just to get money. My reasoning would be that, on such small devices, it's very difficult for the naked eye to notice any increase in quality.

I'm sure that in actual fact the HD version is actually higher definition. It would be very out of character for a company who initially releases a game with no DRM to now do a small scam like this. Personally, if I were in your position I would just buy the $3 original version, because as I mentioned earlier, the quality change is probably unnoticeable.

This is no official verification, only my opinion, but I think that my points are quite valid. It's your choice to agree or not.

World of Goo HD is the only version that works correctly on the iPad. See here: http://2dboy.com/2011/04/11/goophonearrives/

So if you have an iPhone or iPod that you want World of Goo on, the non-HD one should work fine. The HD one is a universal app that'll work on the iPad also.

I think that's the difference. Since the iPad has a bigger screen anyhow, the HD app probably does have a higher resolution.

In any case, most people here have payed $20+ for World of Goo (I've bought it twice and payed $25 total), I really don't see much sense in complaining about 2 measly dollars. Tongue Buy both versions and support a couple of poor indie developers. Tongue

Nah, kidding. Puggsoy is probably right. Unless you specifically want to play it on the iPad, the non-HD version should be fine.

I was Watching in the folders of the IOS Hd version, and it is really hd!!
The resolution of every image is better than the normal game when i open it!!!
By the way...Ipod and iphone also have a HD version...And yes it ´s a little MORE expensive, but the HD version have new features and easter eggs.

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Ah, so there you have it. The mighty G0o-gle has spoken. Smile ^^

Is there any chance to get the HD version for PC? I would buy it another time to get HD.

That WOULD be cool. I play at 1440x900 resolution, and it looks essentially the same as 800x600 simply because the graphics are fairly low-res. A HD PC version would be sweet. Not sure if we would be able to mod that, though, as the images are copyrighted...

*emails 2DBoy*

Whait, what was their email again?
Or did you just mailed them?

No idea. I just used the contact form.

It could be posible making manually, The white hand suggested me that but Is very Looong to do that.
I unzipped all the archive of world of goo HD, And Possible, I could do this:
-Replace all images to the HD images.
And that´s all... is too long but the only possible way

Hey You!

I would think that all the levels would have to be edited, too, as the images would have to be scaled smaller to see them correctly. I agree, this sounds like too much work.

A LOT of work. Every single image has to be scaled to the HD resolution you want. Many will have to be remade entirely. The levels themselves must be edited, and this can also be some lame form of cheating, too. The levels' ball-locations and such have to be edited, so the result could be a slightly faster speed-run, or easily achievable OCDs.

I abort this work...Is heavy as hell!

Hey You!

I can't believe it. Super Fuse Challenge Time OCD is so easy on iOS! I spent a lot of time to play this level on PC.

I want to make a add-in for PC version about Route 99 and Mighty Blimp yesterday, but it seems there's no way to add a button with a new feature without edit the source code. Sad
Could someone help?

Unfortunately you're correct. A new button command that isn't originally in the game requires editing of the .exe, which is both difficult and illegal.

However, if you explain your exact situation someone might be able to suggest an alternative workaround.

puggsoy wrote:
Unfortunately you're correct. A new button command that isn't originally in the game requires editing of the .exe, which is both difficult and illegal.

However, if you explain your exact situation someone might be able to suggest an alternative workaround.

thanks very much!

Here is my solution:
to myogod:
Might blimp is already done , if you can download moon of goo pc version, at the end i put in a island the mighty blimp, working well:
Mighty blimp=good

About route99
now i was suggesting if someone can programe in any language, i pass the text and the resources to him/her.We could make a .exe OUT of world of goo only to execute the represenatation of route99

Hey You!

No, an external .exe would be pretty hard to make, too.

Best bet is with multiple signposts like Mygod did. And anyhow, published. It's probably technically copyright infringement, as it uses images they created, but I honestly think they'd think it was cool rather than getting upset about it.

Anyhow, good job, Mygod!

I'd love to get hold of HD images...could someone make a theme to replace the originals with HD?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Albino Pokey wrote:
I'd love to get hold of HD images...could someone make a theme to replace the originals with HD?

I think graphics from HD version are same as from PC version.

analizing better there are only a few resize changes between the HD version and computer version.

Hey You!

But are they the same resolution?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Nope. See Red's comment for why I think it's not worth doing.

I was linked! Yep, but it'd still be a cool project to work on.