What should I name my wog 2?

41 replies [Last post]

Albino Pokey wrote:
Wiki: That is an island xml file. If you aren't changing island1, you put that in an islandn.xml.xml file and stick it in override.

Shouldn't he stick in compile? Tongue

Oops!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

AP, you do realize you are not listening to the rule. You could have wrote something else or didn't post at all. If I would be a moderator I would start delete the posts with one word or smiley face in it. I can't believe even moderators write such a stuff.

They can be over compiled as in, I can just stick it in the compile directory? DARN IT. But I think I'll keep it as so now goomatz awesomely fixed up the xsl for me. Plus, it's better to avoid conflicts... I think.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
AP, you do realize you are not listening to the rule. You could have wrote something else or didn't post at all. If I would be a moderator I would start delete the posts with one word or smiley face in it. I can't believe even moderators write such a stuff.
do you realise that there is no rule?
I just've seen your 'track' and I saw only 1 word posted on 1 post:
http://goofans.com/download/level/water-chain post 8
I found more posts like that... but I wasn't bothered putting them here.
If you would be a moderator (which the probability would be 1/100 equaling weakly impossible)you wouldn't be moderator.
why do you think you'll be a moderator?
because you're making beta 1,2,3,4
and it's so good you should be a moderator.
AP can do anything he wants, he's older than you

IGNORE WIKI'S POST!!!
carry on...

Thanks, Dan250. Smile

Wiki, I was simply acknowledging that I had read Goomatz's post. He pointed out a serious error in my instructions (one that would have screwed up your goomod if you had followed them), and I was saying that I understood and that I had changed it.

It's true that in general we dislike one-word posts, but there are some times when they can be necessary. Just like we dislike superfluous double-posts, but if there has been, say, a month in between them, we don't mind.

But thank you for pointing out the rule, it was right to do so.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

momo1526 wrote:
Plus, it's better to avoid conflicts... I think.

That's why I merged the island4.xml and scene/resrc.xml of the island as well for pop-up game. Otherwise you couldn't use the WoG HD easteregg and pop-up game at the same time.

There, not totally pointless, plus I remember David telling me to use xsl when I first proposed an infinite island 1 mod to avoid conflict with other levels. Wait, if the xsl clears all existing levels, wouldn't that remove all levels previously installed in Chapter 5? What if I wrote a line to clear each level individually like /island/level[1] instead of clearing all level entities?

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Personally I'd used XSL for all islands, unless it was a total conversion. Total conversions shouldn't be installed alongside any other levels anyway.

momo, what if you just leave them there. Or does it crash the game if there are levels in the island.xml which doesn't have a button in island.scene.xml.
Oh and deleting them individually should work.

It crashes iff (not if, iff) one of those levels is uncompleted.