What should I name my wog 2?

41 replies [Last post]

What should I name my Wog 2?

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

That's not our choice, it's yours. Try and make up something related to what it contains. For example, if all your graphics are hand-drawn, you can call it "Hand Drawn World of Goo".

Except Goosweek has done this before

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Well, yeah. It was just an example, though.

Well I'm naming my chapter UnderSnake because it sounds cool, but it doesn't have much to do with the content!

whats it about,i could find a good name for it

I made goomods.

billy2000 wrote:
What should I name my Wog 2?

Do you mean What could I name my Wog 2? By the you can't have wog 2 but custom wog like: What could I call my custom Wog? That's because there are many other MWV ideas from:

Me,
dan250,
momo1526,
TM13 (He already started)

And may be some others - I can't believe everybody's not bovered what you are saying - you say it wrong but I'm not angry (Why should I?)

Gooey goo@ Nice and scary image Wink

By the way, everyone I changed my mind of my WOG DC (World of goo Dyamond catchers) cause I have no level ideas for the sky city chapter and deadly pits were ment to be golden fields because of my mistake but either deadly pits is a good idea, so here is the new order before I start to make it (Ummm... I already started DEMO!)

Chapter 1: - the Goo Giant Plant
Chapter 2: Dragon island
Chapter 3: Creeps in the mansion
Chapter 4: Golden fields
Chapter 5: Deadly pits

I have two more things to say:

1) Ghost mansion changed to NAME of Creps in the mansion based on the name Cog in the machine.

2) I ned more level ideas for deadly pits before I start to make the chapter (There will be only 5 - 7 levels, by the way).

Beta 2 is comeing soon (For WOG CD DEMO). I have to make another level, movie and put them all toghether in the chapter (To make a chapter I just copied momo1526's island5.xml and edited it. I'm still working on editing.. Uff... Takes long time to finish the island.xml...

All YOU'VE done so far is merge a few levels...

So, and? By the way I said that I am making a chapter for the moment so what are you wanna-bout? I'm putting the chapter in the addin but before that I need to make a movie, then make level The lift and only then put the chapter in but I didn't realize that before... You guys wait - after beta 2 will be done the beta 3 and 4 should be slightly easy so I may make beta 2 then next day or day after make beta 3 and day after or two will be ready beta 4 only making the final version with MWV (Even momo1526 haven't made that accept for TM13 but he put there 2 chapters instead of one). So the whole addin may be finished in about 3 or 4 weeks (The DEMO). Then I'll start to make whole addin in parts or how to say 'beta' versions but there will be full chapters (But I'm not gona put in just one chapter in the addin like DEMO so the FULL version's beta versions will be like:

Beta 1: Two chapters in MWV
Beta 2: Three chapters in MWV
Beta 3: Four chapters in MWV
Final version: All the mod

And then it's finished and I'll gona start making the other side of the world for this same addin som there will be two MWV but before I make the other side of the WOG CD (WOG CD 2) I'll make the Wiki-world before that and there WON'T be only one chapter but 4.

Hey, if you say you'll do it, I believe you. And no, I am not making a whole conversion, or MWV as you say, no point in filling the game with pointless unoriginal levels, which is what would happen if I did have to make so many levels. I'll settle for a chapter, but I know for a fact I have the skill required to edit the MapWorldView: understanding of merge directory, understanding of goomod format, understanding of buttons and dependency systems...

Wiki: you forgot the first four, Far Lands, Time for Real, NotWog2, and Another Planet. Taco's was the fifth.

And making an island is much harder than merging levels together, especially if you don't know much XSL. I'd recommend getting DavidC's XSL maker and making all the levels for your addin (id est, all the ones for each island) before starting on islands.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I did the exact opposite!

Same here. Tongue On the site, anyway. But I'd experimented with levels for a while (before WooGLE) first.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yeah, messed around with xml and xsl and goomod before any kind of editor...

Well this is what is what I'm doing for the moment. I would say I'm half finished and if I finish the island.xml then the rest should be slightly simple and the addin will be finished successfully. I wonder wny AP's and momo1526's island.xml-s are totally different to each other so I may want to use addin file format for island.xml and do it by myself not just copy and edit the other people island.xml and either that will give me more skills and then I would be able to make a chapter a week Wink

No this is never gona work! I need an example like in the merge addin file format or other ways I get confused - because in island.xml there is only written what you need to write about but not HOW you need to write. Can any of you two give me an example just right here? And either what you write in addinxml and text.xml if you got island (text.xml I probably won't need cuz I'm not gona have text on the island like Taco.)

For xsl, I use Davidc's diff tool, but this is what stops me from adding certain tags such as cutscene. This is why I have to teach myself a little xsl.

So can't you just give me an example?

No, he can't.

Or maybe,robo wog
Mine will be the killing machine (I'll make it as violent as possible)

I made goomods.

Island XML works something like this (change stuff in CAPS):

<island map="YOUR MAP LEVEL" icon="YOUR MAP ICON">

<level id="LEVEL" name="NAME" text="SUBTITLE" depends="OTHERLEVEL" ocd="OCD,NUMBER" cutscene="CUTSCENE,CUTSCENE,CUTSCENE" skipeolsequence="BOOLEAN" />

</island>

I know that, but what the diff tools does is that it replaces all the existing attributes of the existing <level> tags, this means that only the attributes that were already in the Chapter 5 levels can be used, so considering UnderSnake was my forth level (on the map AND in the xml) the OCD attribute could not be added since that level usually has no OCD, so I changed the order of the levels within the xml so that Flying and Falling was in forth position since it had no OCD anyway. Same goes with cutscenes, no cutscene in the first level of Chapter 5 means no cutscene in Depth Direction. Was that clear enough? Smile It's kind of complicated to explain.

Albino Pokey wrote:
Island XML works something like this (change stuff in CAPS):

<island map="YOUR MAP LEVEL" icon="YOUR MAP ICON">

<level id="LEVEL" name="NAME" text="SUBTITLE" depends="OTHERLEVEL" ocd="OCD,NUMBER" cutscene="CUTSCENE,CUTSCENE,CUTSCENE" skipeolsequence="BOOLEAN" />

</island>

That wasn't an example - full example like in the Merging addin file format so I can see all these , , well that sort of stuff...

KA-LINK.

I wish people would read through the site's modding documentation before asking on the forums. I'm not directing this to specifically Wiki, but anybody. It saves everybody a lot of trouble, time, and space.

What is Merge directory do to all this? And what is it anyway? Can't you just make a new forum, put in all the information of the island.xml (Including examples) and I'm not gona trouble you anymore with chapter making but remember to include addin.xml and text.xml of how you edit when you are making chapter.

While I was writing this i though - Why moderators use such a words other people don't even seen before? Here is my opinion - Use less smart words and more proper language so everyone is certain of what you guys say (I mean moderators). just like I do - I use smart words three times less often than you - that what you are moderators doesn't mean you have to speak language that nobody understands so please talk more in language that people can understand you better. I for example usually use:

Necessary,
complex,
society,
community,
often,
complicated

And that sort of words but not like you guys talk something weird complicated language that even a ordinary adult have no idea what you mean so please use proper language words more often.

I understand every word they say. And I'm an ordinary adult. Tongue
The merge directory page say's almost everything you need to know about .xsl. And with .xsl you modify the island.xml what you need to do if you want to make chapters.
Right now I'm writing an example-island5.xsl which solves the cutscene problem momo has.
The idea is not to modify the existing levels but delete them and add new ones.

There's a page about island.xml, located here. If you want an example, you can check out my sample island here.

By the way, I don't think we use so many complex words, everybody seems to understand. We're just saying stuff as clearly as possible, instead of saying "yeah you gotta go to that page about islands that's somewhere in the website, I dunno click on one of the buttons up top".
If you don't understand a word we say you can look it up in a dictionary, it will help expand your vocabulary. It's like a book, you can't write to the author and say "your book uses too many complex words, can you make it a bit simpler?"

Yes I know about those pages. And I was just trying to make a shorter island.xsl which is easier to understand as the one in your addin. See here: http://goofans.com/forum/world-of-goo/mods-and-hacks/3469

I... was talking to Wiki. But whatever.

hmkay, nevermind. Puzzled

I just lold, I love misunderstandings Tongue

Momo: I was talking to Wiki too. Tongue

But with your addin, remember that island files for 2 through 5 can be overcompiled. It's only island 1 that strictly needs XSL. Makes it a lot easier. Smile

Wiki: That is an island xml file. If you aren't changing island1, you put that in an islandn.xml.xml file and stick it in compile.

If you're editing island1, you need to use XSL. That goes in the Merge directory, just like XML goes in Compile and PNG/OGG goes in Override.

Personally, I don't believe that I am speaking in "smart words". I understand that it might be difficult for you to figure what I'm saying, though, seeing as English isn't your first language (and I couldn't understand five minutes of Latin conversation without a dictionary Tongue ), so I'll try to explain myself better.

Puggsoy: I agree with that statement. Especially when the main difference between our posts and Wiki's is grammatical. Wink