I can't throw goos/bounce them against sleeping goos

6 replies [Last post]

Hi. I am re-doing the levels, and after a lot of trying, I looked up tips on ones with sleeping goos, such as Hang Low from Chapter 1. I saw a video of a guy actually throwing goos at the sleeping ones! I am playing on a laptop, so I only have a trackpad. Even worse, it's only a tap trackpad -- I can't technically click (I tap twice).

How on earth does one throw goos? Is it impossible with my trackpad? I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work, and it just doesn't.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I think you just need to attach an optical mouse. Sorry.

By the way, how did you beat Chapter 4 with a trackpad?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I don't think it's impossible with your trackpad, but ridicoulusly hard.
In which level did you try to throw them? I'm asking because there are some Gooballs which are static when they are sleeping and you can't wake them by trhowing balls at them.

The only two of those levels I can think of are Ode to the Bridge Builder and Weather Vane (the ones that use the silhouette common Goo Balls).

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It's quite possible; I just did it myself in Hang Low on my laptop touchpad. The problem is that it's just ridiculously hard and time-consuming (even for me; and I whack a lot of stuff around when I play World of Goo). You just have to know when to tap and when to release the Goo Balls, and I personally figured that out by playing with a mouse for quite a few hours. In my test run a few minutes ago, I was unable to get the OCD, and stuck a few extra Goo Balls on accidentally in the process. In general, mice are a whole lot better for gaming, but you're welcome to keep trying. The key really is to release the Goo Ball at the right time, when you're still moving your finger. Takes some getting used to.

Good luck!

A tap-only trackpad is the worst invention ever, I didn't even know it existed. I agree with AP: you should get a mouse.

bad pression information of the drivers,maybe. But with touch pad is easy for me.
maybe you are not experiencied with touch pad.If your trackpad doesn´t have the right and left click separated, We have a problem.a mouse is the best option if you are desesperated.
END

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO