Spider Chum Commentarys!

97 replies [Last post]

Okay, Okay so me and my friend are starting this new awesome commentary and need some ideas and we also need a game to play so i think I'll ask you guys! Laughing out loud
This is the youtube channel we are going to use http://www.youtube.com/user/SpiderChum?feature=mhee but sadly as you can see the channel has no uploads at the moment Shock so what game should we commentate?
Also we will start some sort of minecarft commentary and need ideas for that too :/
if you have any please share! thank you in advance!! Laughing out loud

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Bubblefish, in my opinion the game commentaries are saturated, but you can comment famous games ! like:Portal or Team fortress 2 , I dont know,maybe pc games like bit trip series.
Minecraft..hummm...no

I have seen many minecraft commentaries and this are the results in the person:
-boooring:Playing minecraft is better than watching a guy talking about his day

-saturation:There is a sea of minecraft videos, so sparkling in the bottom of the millions of videos out there is a bad idea

-Your commentary:What will you say????
"Hehe im playing minecraft for the 34th time and now....i will put bombs!!
Someone move this cube tree!.. I am naked and i´m playing..i´m cool."
Get the point?

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

G0o-gle, I think what BF means by commentaries is simply reviews, but then along with gameplay videos. I must agree that they are pretty abundant, but I won't argue.

You could do some famous games like TF2 (now that it's free), but I have a few freeware suggestions that are really good, although not very well known. Among these are Mightier, Dink Smallwood and Dr. Lunatic - Supreme With Cheese (although the latter is shareware, the demo is massive).
If you want any more suggestions, freeware or otherwise, you can email me (you already know my address).

I agree with G0o-gle about the redundancy of Minecraft-related videos. Honestly, the only videos I like are ones that bring something new to the table, understand? The Yogscast made Minecraft a movie set. Eddsworld made videos with hilarious graphic violence. (while I understand you're just commentating on game footage)

As for games, Portal 2 is amazing, but if you don't have it then TF2 or something else (maybe Cave Story?) or one of the games puggsoy suggested would be fine.

ok so these are two practice commentaries we did

- part 1
http://www.youtube.com/user/tetech12#p/a/u/1/sEpjuawjShU - part 2
and yes i know it says drunken chicken, we had a name change you see.
Please comment on the vid thnx guys! Laughing out loud

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Okaay... well I'm not really into Minecraft, so I only watched about a minute of it. So far it looks OK, possibly a bit pointless, but cool anyway. If I was more into Minecraft I probably would have watched all of it, and part 2.

Anyway, it was cool to hear your voice, you sound way older than I thought you were Big smile
You're the guy with the lower voice, right?

"Drunken chicken" is the best name EVER!!!

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

When you are going to comment on a game, choose something that:
-You can play with others
-Preferably known games
-A game with a lot of action

So minecraft...please don't!

and when you do commentaries, feel free to:

SCREW AROUND.

Unless you plan on doing a review, I'm sure people know a lot about the game your commenting on anyway. Just play with your friend and let magic happen! (unless your ridiculously pro than nvm)

like these guys do. They take footages of other people failing at Halo Reach, along with many other bloopers and funny stuff. But the thing is, all of this happens regularly in the game.

and long time no see, bubblefish4!

Yeah, you're not a zombie after all! Smile

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Wait, minecraft isn't well-known, multiplayer, or full of action?

Have you ever even seen the game?

I think he means a good game with all of those.

Big smile

Wow that's a lot of comments ok.
Puggsoy: Kung fu rabi did the intro i think his voice is a bit deeper, i am not sure Tongue.
Goo_gle: sadly we had too change it because of some cooking channel on youtube. :/
Howitz: Well to be honest i have found lots of games to commentate, i just need the time, but i would like to do some single player commentaries as well.
'Just play with your friend and let magic happen! (unless your ridiculously pro than nvm)'
You do have a point there.
Hmmmm fails ok I will get some for you then.
Albino Pokey: No your right I'm a fish.
Puggsoy: Minecraft is a good game but yea i get what you mean, other games, more games. Just time and money those two can be a problem at times.
Thank you so much for your comments guys, More videos too come so stay tuned!

-Your friendly neighborhood Bubblefish4

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

I agree with Howitz in that you should just screw around. I've been watching some dude play Terraria and a time when he summoned a giant boss way before he was ready to fight him was most entertaining. Smile

I think playing games blind is a good idea also. It just seems to make it more interesting if you have no idea what's going on (as long as you're not wandering around for hours trying to figure out what comes next, of course).

And don't talk in your videos about how horrible (or awesome) your commentary is. Let the audience decide. And if you think it's awful, try to sound excited and start goofing around. I think a lot of people just like being entertained, and random incessant babbling can be entertaining. Smile

What I did find hilarious about your commentary here is how your friend just ran around, griefing everything. Better keep a closer eye on him. Wink

Bubblefish, may I ask what other games you and your buddy (always have a buddy!) can play together?

since i had nothing else to do, i subscribed.
hey, google, didn't you make a channel?

-_-

I have another suggestion for a game you guys can do: Spiral Knights. You can go adventuring together, and see who gets the biggest rocks.

MOM4evr: good point! Maybe terraria.............
Howitz: you mean you loved our videos soo much! and you just had too see more? Tongue
Puggsoy: Hmmm good idea! We will be busy in developtation when my friends colds left him!
Everyone: Due too sickness videos will be delayed sry.
But we do have another video me and James (our camera man for things we need cameras obviously Tongue) were playing gta4 i know its an old game but it was just lying there, unused and so we ventured into the land of pigeons, hobos and concrete trees! (concrete jungle see what i did there? lol lame joke XP) And started filming it will be on for show soon so sit tight! lol
thnx for your thoughts guys we appreciate it!
-Bubblefish4ever

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Laughing out loud

I like your videos. Keep on making them!!!

-_-

we have hit a speed bump and had too slow down (videos have been delayed sorry)
BUT WE HAVE GOT MANY THAT ARE STILL BEING POLISHED TO PERFECTION!
(in other words heaps of videos will come out at once Laughing out loud)

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

awesome, can't wait Laughing out loud

Cool!
Would it be possible for me to join in sometime and babble my head off until you guys kick me out of Skype? And die constantly and say "Doh" all the time?

i think just having a guy who names his character's MOM is interesting enough. It could be like a side thing.

What games are you commenting?

and actually, minecraft isn't a bad thing to comment on ONLY IF u do something crazy, like a burning house obstacle course where you have to make it to the end while the house gets set on fire before it blows up with TNT pockets

so yea what games?

Well we're thinking about making a league of legends and runescape commentary soon.

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Be careful with RuneScape. You don't know how other players are gonna act, or what they're gonna say. They got some pretty clever ways to get around that word filtering.

LoL....lol!

Do Battlefield 3.... I play with strangers with a mic and its SOOO fun

*SIGH*I'm not going to make an argument on how all these fps war games are repetitive, I'll just say you have your opinion I have mine.
(you can't blame me after all the call of bloody darn duties they've made!)
Howitz it's a maybe.
-Bubblefish4

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

In fact, believe it or not, all games are repetitive, no matter how you put it because what you say about a non-repetitive game only makes it repetitive.

League of Legends - Repetitive. You control a hero and defeat other enemy heroes. Every round. You level up, buy items, slay creeps...every round.

Mario Kart - Repetitive. You drive a kart around a track a couple times. Every race.

Call of Duty - Duh

Minecraft - Even this game is repetitive. You place and remove blocks. You create items and new blocks. You place those blocks, only to get new blocks so that you make new blocks out of new blocks Laughing out loud :D Laughing out loud (Spleef is just removing blocks, except for the loser, when you have to put back those blocks)

The ONLY non-repetitive game is where there are unlimited unique outcomes. For example, getting 1 block instead of 2 does not count as a unique outcome. What you build out of blocks compared to others is not a unique outcome: They are both still considered blocks placed by a player, no matter the arrangement. Even the world generator of minecraft is not considered unlimited unique outcomes: Sure, the landscapes created are different every single time, but how limited are the biomes in it? What unique features does one world have and one doesn't? Because each world in minecraft is unlimited, that just made itself not unique to other worlds because all worlds in minecraft are uniquely the same. (Therefore, they are not unique).

Confusing? PrObLeM??

so the only reason why you would not do a commentary on an FPS is simply because you don't like to play them, the way you said fps war games kind of revealed that (its okay everyone has opinions). Opinion is opinion.

Howitz wrote:
The ONLY non-repetitive game is where there are unlimited unique outcomes.

Fallout 3. Most unrepetitive game ever.

Howitz wrote:
The ONLY non-repetitive game is where there are unlimited unique outcomes.

Nope. Because you're still using the same controls, pressing the same buttons on your keyboard over and over. And you're still (supposedly) using the same computer.

C'mon. Everything is repetitive. It just depends on the degree of repetitivity (yay new word). COD has a high degree of repetitivity, while other, more open-ended games do not. Though my roommate plays COD constantly, so he probably thinks it's less repetitive than other games since he behaves differently in every match. And Fallout can be seen as repetitive, since it can be seen as yet-another-FPS.

Get the drift?
That being said, what on earth am I babbling on about and who cares? Sorry.

If you put it like that, Minecraft isn't very repetitive then. You can create whole new structures and creations in randomly-generated worlds. Any game with a storyline is extremely repetitive, unlike sandbox games. Although storylines are usually fun. Tongue