Double music

7 replies [Last post]

I would like to make some levels with two musics like - you have one music going and then it somewhere changes like in the level Genetic Sorting Machine.

The music change in Genetic Sorting Machine is hardcoded, so it's impossible to add a similar music change to a level.

That being said, goomatz made an example of one method to appear like you're changing the music. See here: http://goofans.com/download/sample/change-music

I could help if you have trouble with that method.

goomatz, that is the awesomest thing ever. I am so gonna do that sometime.

In My Chapter 6 expansion I tried to make that by a invisible squares reactions, But it Only messed up the mechanism of the level

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

>>BANHAMMER<<

Keep calm and carry on.

One similar thing that I'm trying to do is get a bit of music to play the first time it loops, but not ay other time. For example, most of the SMG music has a little "fanfare" at the beginning which is skipped every other loop.

What I'm trying to do is this:
- Loop the music, but instead of the fanfare, move however many seconds from the end to the beginning
- Make a Util Goo Ball which has one thing it can do: a Death sound
- Set that sound to be the fanfare, on top of the part I moved...shifted exactly one wavelength

That should cause it to cancel out if it works.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

That's a very cool, ingenious, and generally awesome technique. It would be epic to use on MapWorldView. The fanfare could be played during the intro.

Thanks, Puggsoy! Smile

Now, to see if it actually works...

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.