32 replies [Last post]

I´m Back! (No one cares)

Anyway, How about a new level contest?
We haven´t made one for a while?
The topic; Maybe Using 1 gooball for a level or something like that
Who is with me?

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Possible, although we'll probably need a prize of some sort. Unfortunately I can't give one myself, Red did it last time, but I don't know if he wants to do it again.

Also, if it does happen, we need to know how many people will participate, so that it isn't a flop like that other time we tried to make it and almost nobody entered.

As soon as I have money...

But feel free to do one without a prize.

Fun is a good prize (That encapsule ego too)

Hey You!

A badge? Like, everyone who placed in the top 5 (or top 3, or number 1, depending on how many people participate) gets a special badge, so everyone will love them Laughing out loud

Yamaco! - Every Gooball ever
Computer! Y U get virus?

Ehh, badges require a fair amount of work on davidc's part, and he's not online too often. I think this has been discussed before elsewhere.

Well... we could make a badge that if you won ANY contest, you would get it, so it would still be special, and we wouldn't have to make separate badges for separate contests Smile

Computer! Y U get virus?

David would also have to manually assign the badge to everyone who won the contest(Drunk, so he'd have to be around for every single contest no matter what.

Not likely to happen.

okay so the prize is not gonna be a badge

but how about a level or maybe a chapter that not published yet, that would be great!
like Dyamond catchers from wiki! oh yea wiki is on Tanki online Sad

so what is the prize?

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

unfortunately, we have few members left here. most have gone away (i haven't. i haven't been posting much but i read everything) and we STILL owe red a bundle. we need more publicity! world of goo hasn't had a sequel or any news or anything at all. i hate to say this, but i don't think 2dboy will ever make another game again. eventually, all members will leave, and no one will be here but the robots, unless 2dboy does something. ANY thing. we hardly even talk about world of goo anymore, though it brought us here. I REALLY hope 2dboy prevents the abandonment of this website. Sad
ohh, and hi google!

-_-

i don't think 2dboy gonna make a new game as well
but why.. 2dboy why.. why.. why..!!

Owe me a bundle? Tongue I was the one offering them. I gave Puggsoy Garry's Mod for winning that first time.

Because Kyle is off working on Little Inferno and Ron is off doing his own stuff.

I imagine they'll both relase games later, independently, kinda like what Alec and Derek are doing after working on Aquaria together. But we do have to give them a bit of leeway, since making games is hard. Shoot, look how long we've been working part-time on the goofans game and how little we've actually gotten done.

hey hey! we are talking about a new contest here

MOM4Evr wrote:
Because Kyle is off working on Little Inferno and Ron is off doing his own stuff.

There is only one explanation for this: Lazy cucumbers.

I was thinking in something , kinda cruel: how about creating our own website for the goofans where we put badges , change backgrounds, have more dinamics, more forums, more publicity , and leaving this website. Is a crazy idea but it´s the best option to not leave goofans in the bottom of internet.

Hey You!

Ehhh, no. You can already have custom backgrounds/images on this one. Just modify the site's files in your cache. Plenty of Chrome/Firefox add-ons do this for you.

I like this site's layout. I don't have any reason I'd want to move.

RedTheGreen wrote:
Plenty of Chrome/Firefox add-ons do this for you.

can you link me to it?

kirdneh wrote:
i hate to say this, but i don't think 2dboy will ever make another game again.

Objection!

And here's my evidence to prove it!

G0o-gle wrote:
MOM4Evr wrote:

There is only one explanation for this: Lazy asses.

Ron and Kyle aren't lazy. If you tried making a game yourself you might know this. It's not easy to make a game, especially a high-quality indie game.

Anyway, as for the prize, I'm unsure what it could be. The best thing I can think of (that's free) would be that the winner's level would go on the front page of the site. Unfortunately, I also think that only David can do that.

RedTheGreen wrote:
Ehhh, no. You can already have custom backgrounds/images on this one. Just modify the site's files in your cache. Plenty of Chrome/Firefox add-ons do this for you.

I like this site's layout. I don't have any reason I'd want to move.

just a thought, jajaja.

Hey You!

okay so...
is there still gonna be a new contest?

Well, I'd love to judge one, but I'm tight on level testing. There's a massive addin I have to test, and some others after that too. What's more AP is away, and MOM can't test addins, so I'm on my own for a while.

Once the queue's a bit emptier I'll start thinking about it. We still need a prize though.

What exactly do you do on level contest at goofans? Is it like a random person can make a level and people are tryig to get the best results? If so I suppose I could make a contest or you're supposed to be a moderator to make a contest level?

I started the idea and judged the first two.

I can judge this one too since I wouldn't enter anyway. I'm not sure I can offer a prize, but I can offer instructions on how to enter the Garry's Mod 13 Beta if you want. Tongue

What's about the contests? Can I join or help?

of course you can but if you want to help you have to ask someone else
but if you want to join the contest..... (i still don't know how Tongue )

Basically, a contest is made by someone (so far Red's made them). He starts a thread and specifies rules for the contest, stuff like what the level should/shouldn't contain, the theme, the prize, and so on. He sets a deadline and then people start making levels, and upload them. Once the deadline has been met no more entries can be submitted, and the creator (and any additional judges) start testing the levels. They decide which is best, and choose a winner.

You can see the thread for the first contest here, and the results thread here.

puggsoy wrote:
He sets a deadline and then people start making levels

Correction: He sets a deadline and then nobody starts making levels and the contest dies. Tongue

Or so it seems anyway.

People always enter.

I would enter, if I knew how to make a level. (even after watching the tutorial, I still can't do it :C

Computer! Y U get virus?

Way past cool, yah know... I wanna join the contest but first I must firgure out which level I'll make...

All is hard...

Is it allowed to make a level pack? If so I'll put 2 my most featured levels from Chapter The goo Giant Plant. If it's not allowed I'll put only one (Which one is NOT on goofans). Besides I edited the cameras, put some more forces and all that... I'll show you later so may be I could put in my Soap Energy Drink level instead cause it DOES look really cool and with cameras and all systems now work (Almost) so I would like to upload my old level. I'm joining contest. I'll put the level in as soon as popssible (Wish me luck ^_^)

Look - as I said, the level contest normally has a theme and other rules, which means your level must be within those rules, not just any level. Also, you can only enter levels that you started making after the contest begun.

Anyway, there's no current contest. If Red or someone else sets up one then we'll see.

MOM4Evr wrote:
puggsoy wrote:
He sets a deadline and then people start making levels

Correction: He sets a deadline and then nobody starts making levels and the contest dies. Tongue

Or so it seems anyway.

Only the second died. And that was because too few people entered, I made a level for it (although I was a judge), I think G0o-gle did too.