Need Help with Problem

27 replies [Last post]

In my super secret laboratory (which is not a secret anymore), I have been conducting some goo experiments. Now I won't say what I did find about these delicious goo (other than the fact that they are delicious), but I came across some thing that I would like to know more about, as I am having trouble with:

Having a string of more than around 100+ STRANDS of goo (50+ goo in total) to cross connected to a pipe will not attract goo like a whistle would.

It might be because the goo are not close enough? Or maybe there is a mix of goo in the string? (In my case, Gooproduct and common goo).

I need to have goo traveling along a very, very, VERY long string of goo. I'm talking about 200 goo balls made into a string (I won't say why).

Please help, I don't know where to put this kind of message, so I'm putting it where the mods go. I'm current in development of a new kind of goo leve-.. bah I say too much.

I'm experimenting to see if I can recreate this bug now...

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I don't get your problem. Do you mean the pipe doesn't start to suck? When you say "a pipe" does that mean you have more than one pipe?

like a whistle... it still "sucks", with the end of the goo string stuck to the pipe, but anything on the string thats pretty far away doesn't call the goo... they just randomly go about.

the string is more like a hanging.. um...

it looks like this:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o)==PIPE
o o o
o o o
o o o
o o o
o o o
o o o

^ ^ ^
on the ends of these goo strings, the goo, when stuck onto it, just walk randomly. They should head for the pipe, no?

Ah, when Goo Balls are connected to the pipe they don't head towards it per se, they just try to move in a straight line to the entrance. If that isn't the right way, you need to use the whistle.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

darn i don't have the whistle...lol.

i didn't beat that one level on chapter 2 in this WoG game and too lazy to do it Tongue

so that means they can't travel in a straight line? It has to be like zigzag? it technically isn't a straight line (if you mean literally) because it has hanging ends to it at the end, and some in the middle of the main string, like tree branches. they only move randomly about at the ends of the hanging strings (the main string is up above holding and connecting the hanging strings together.
Perhaps a picture would help? or can this problem not be solved without a whistle?

They try to move in a straight line, which isn't always right.

grr i'd have to remake the string then, since multiple exits aren't really possible...

.... this is gonna be hard :<

Wow, you haven't got the whistle? How many other levels have you skipped?
I think that people should finish every level on WoG (not OCDs) before they start making goomods. My personal opinion of course.

And yes, multiple exits aren't really possible. Have you read the page about that? If you have 2 exits one will suck, the other will activate/collect.

Is that what you're trying to do?

I had to reinstall the game because some files went corrupt or something so I could use GooTool and stuff.

I have a VERY, VERY long string hanging from the top VERTICALLY attached to the pipe at the very beginning. On parts of the string, some goo hang down horizontally. When goo go on the strings that hang downwards, they won't travel up the string to the main vertical string and then travel to the pipe.
I also noticed that they don't just randomly go about. If they are close to the pipe, they travel to the pipe normally. But the ones that are stuck on the smaller strings that hang horizontally will crowd at the bottom.

and yes, I did get the whistle just moments ago and tried it, the whistle doesn't even work, but it helps a little bit, as goo will travel up, but only a little bit and then they are just all over the place.

Would a picture help?

Yes please make a sreenshot of the relevant part. what do you mean with they are all over the place?

edit:And I think it would some kind of naughty, if the pipe sucks from levelbeginning all the time.

The Goo Balls decide that it would be faster to go dows than up, and they don't like to go farther away from the pipe (

O-----------------OD===
|
|
|
|

)
1 is farther from the pipe than 2, so Goo Balls won't go from 2 to 1.

EDIT: Or it would be if I were better at char art

goomatz wrote:
And I think it would some kind of naughty, if the pipe sucks from levelbeginning all the time.

What's wrong with that? You don't like my level? Tongue http://goofans.com/download/level/goo-bowling

Some levels are creatively done to have the pipe sucking at the beginning, so that they can make some new stuff and ideas with Gooballs that normally would not be able to be BUILT to the pipe. (See above. Tongue )

I like the level but I didn't like the sound of open pipe throughout the level.

edit: But GooBowling is a short level so it's not annoying. A level which takes some minutes to solve shouldn't have the sound all the time.

Maybe there could be a mod which replaces the sound with an Empty sound? That would mean no repeat loop anywhere.

Sounds easy enough.

Meh, a possibility, but it would make the rest of the levels seem really strange, with no pipe sounds and all...
I do agree however, goomatz. Looping sounds can get annoying in long levels. Best to keep Goo-Balls-start-out-already-at-the-pipe levels short.

There are some ways with mechanics and stuff like exploding to make the pipe starts sucking at a certain point.

We could make all pipe sounds quieter.

@what_goomatz_said: Yeah, good point. Be clever and inventive with it. I like clever and inventive stuff. Laughing out loud
@what_AP_said: I guess that would be okay, but seems kind of a hacky way around the problem.

In case of Goo Bowling the bowlingball could be explosive with same burntime as it needs to "roll". When it explode it breaks a geometry which is blocking the collecting structure off the pipe. With that you also could add a sound of a rolling bowling-ball for the ignite event. Wink

Wow, ingenious. I'll have to do that sometime. Thanks for the suggestion!

Simply Smashing, old chap. Care for a spot of tea? Smile

Sure! I like tea. Wink

bah it doesn't matter anymore look in off topic

WOW! 25 replies in one day! Is that a record?

Anyway, what's in off-topic?

Have a look for yourself.