Levels to chapter

47 replies [Last post]

I made 7 levels for a small chapter, but I don't know how to get the players to be able to play and unlock other levels. could sombody help? P.S. how do you set OCD for a level(like time,balls and moves)

I made goomods.

Well done James for answering gooey goo, I always thought you were the best!; if you saw a person drowning, I'm sure you'd happily stand there and watch. Shall I answer him then, ok.

There’s a chapter tutorial here, but it's a difficult thing to make. If you decide it's too hard then you can always merge all the levels into one addin, see here.
For OCD, just write balls, moves or time followed by a comma, then the target. So for moves you'd put something like moves,8

I did you instructions for OCD, but It remained as -This one is mine!
P.S.How do I fix the id for addin?

I made goomods.

Chapters are too hardcore for me. Cant help at that.

For the OCD and id problem look at this.

My Profile

Thank you, but EDIT:Four things:
#1:@naveed_rizvi:Didn't you read peters post?
#2:I made it a goo mod. Where's the goo?
#3:How do I make Icons?
#4:How to make a sign have my own texture(When you click a sign how do I fix that from only being the normal sign)

I made goomods.

I am not interested in making chapters (levels even). There just too hard for me.

Its in World of Goo/res/levels/(level name)/goomod

I'll leave #3 for someone else.

You can have puggsoy's ISH Signs enable in dependancy. (Or thats how I think it works) If you want to make your own signs then I cant help you with that.

My Profile

ISH Signs replaces the animations, not the images. Minecraft Signs replaces the images, so you can use that as a base, but it still uses the same animations.

Hey! It's Puggsoy! Long time no see!
Anyhow, I meant this: I was using a computer as the sign image, but when I clicked the sign, I got the regular brown signpost
@naveed_rizvi: I meant he said how to do the ocd Stare
P.S. Peter, TWO things
#1: Mind if I use your music for a level?
#2: How did you scroll???

I made goomods.

But you said in the next post it didn't work. Anyway forget about it.

For your #2 question check out this. Peter can explain more briefly maybe.

My Profile

How do I make a slider?

I made goomods.

Basically you need two geometrys (body1="id1"/body2="id2") and an axis (="x,y") for the slider.
See DaB's Discoveries and Experimental Fings for closer information.

edit: What do you mean with icons?

What do I use to join boy 1 and 2???
EDIT: I mean the thingy that dispenses gooos

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
P.S. Peter, TWO things
#1: Mind if I use your music for a level?
#2: How did you scroll???

#1: I presume you mean the Down & Out one, of course you can, it can be used by anyone. I got it from this site. The one you hear in my level is an extended version I made so it carries on longer.
#2: ignore the link nav gave, that didn't work. The easiest way to see would be to look at it in the editor. You'll see that everything is hinged to the same geometry so that the whole level moves as one, and to control the falling of it I used a large linearforcefield.

How do I look at your level?
I can't use it as an existing level.
Cheers!

I made goomods.

Download peter's level. The file of the level should be in World of Goo/res/levels/DownandOut. Woogle will now show that level in the custom levels.

I'm curious, when I look at your level I don't see the gooballs which are supposed to be there. I just see the names in levels. Why is this happening?

My Profile

naveed: Custom gooball trouble
Anyway...
How can you see my levels???
P.S. What I did: I unzipped the level, put it with the other levels, and it doesn't show up.

I made goomods.

If you just click save on Woogle you can see your level in the list.

What did you unzip? You can't unzip the XML Document or the Goomod (I think).

I recommend you watch the tutorial before you make a level.

My Profile

gooey, you have to install Down and Out goomod in your GooTool.

@mov: see http://goofans.com/forum/gootool/suggestions-and-bug-reports/4393
@nav: Where is the save on woogle button? I unzipped the goomod. I made a level Stare I'm no newbie to level making. Why would I even make this if I didn't have levels!?

I made goomods.

I'm back now, sorry I wasn't able to answer you right away. Making chapters is a bit harder than making normal levels, especially the bit where you put everything into a goomod.

The first thing to do is to make your island level. It's just like a normal level, but it should also include buttons for your levels. They should be named lb_[your level name] and have onclick pl_[your level name], mouseover ss_[your level name], and mouseout hs_[your level name]. You can copy and paste a button from island1 as a template.

Then you'll want to make a copy of res/islands/island2.xml.bin, then decrypt and edit the original. Keep it as island2.xml.bin, don't rename it or anything. You should be able to change the level names and dependencies there.

The third part is making the goomod. Click the Make Goomod button for each of your levels, then merge the folders in each level directory together and put them into a goomod.

This is a quick outline, let me know which parts you have trouble with. I'd recommend starting by cloning an island level and playing around with it a bit.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Thanks! that's very helpful!

I made goomods.

Why would you unzip your goomod? You can just play it on gootool.

The save button is beside the save and play button.

Edit: I saw the link you gave to mov, I don't think you can play your level besides having gootool on or you can somehow put that level in WoG.

My Profile

nav: *headsmack* I meant my post Stare

I made goomods.

gooey: If you want to make a chapter, you really should see this tutorial like Peter B said. MOM4Evr explained everything in an easy-understandable language.

mod:

gooey goo wrote:
I made it a goo mod. Where's the goo?

next time, you could read posts.

I made goomods.

I told its in World of Goo/res/levels/(level name)/goomod

My Profile

It's not there Sad

I made goomods.

What exactly did you make a goomod of? "It" isn't very specific.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Did you edit a original level? If so then you probably didn't click clone selected level and then save it after you had done your work. That way Woogle will make a folder with your level inside it.

If you made a goomod of the custom gooball from Wooble, its in World of Goo/res/balls/(custom gooball name)/goomod. Don't make a goomod for custom gooball, its useless.

My Profile

I made a custom level a goomod

I made goomods.

Did you solve all the issues with it?

My Profile