Time for another WooGLE update!

45 replies [Last post]

What features do you want for v0.78 RC7?

So far, the following suggested by @wogfan have been implemented:

• Support for _ in level names;
  • Support for /level/@retrytime and /level/@zoomoutlimit;
  • Bugfix for tab double closing;
  • Remove the useless cancel button.

I'd like to have a refresh all Balltypes button. That you don't have to close and start WooGLE again when you made a new balltype.

Maybe something to select and move multiple elements in the level and scene tree.

And the last time I used the make goomod button, it didn't seem to work properly. The goomod itself was missing and in the goomod folders one custom ball was missing as well.

Maybe something to select and move multiple elements in the level

Holding Ctrl lets you do this.

goomatz wrote:
And the last time I used the make goomod button, it didn't seem to work properly. The goomod itself was missing and in the goomod folders one custom ball was missing as well.
Did you take a look if there's something written on the status bar?

Yes, that's what I thought but it doesn't work. I can only select two things and when I try to drag it, only the one which I actually draged is moved.

Dragging multiple elements seems to be working fine for me. Try using compgeom next time. Puzzled

No I can't select multiple elements in the level. But I can use WooGLE clipboard to copy multiple elements to another level.
Why cancel button is useless? Can you fix that BUG? (I know pressing Esc can cancel it)
You must know how to make an exe from py! Tell me plz! Tongue

EDIT: Please fix the bug when /scene/line/@normal is 0,0, WooGLE doesn't pop up a error when saving the level and the level can still be saved! The level preview can't be showed properly when opening the level again and the level can't be edited any more.

@wogfan
Just grab the latest double-click on /src/@make.bat. Btw hey you changed my code and didn't submit a pull request. Stare

Reloading game has been implemented. Anything more?

Mygod wrote:
@wogfan
Just grab the latest double-click on /src/@make.bat. Btw hey you changed my code and didn't submit a pull request. Stare

Reloading game has been implemented. Anything more?

What pull request? I clicked on it but it said
ImportError: No module named py2exe
系统找不到指定的路径。
系统找不到指定的文件。
python: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

EDIT: Why there is a mouth on "Add Anchor Friendly" button?
2nd EDIT: Allow creating pipe with "Auto Pipe" when levelexit is outside the level bounds.

Hey, I noticed a problem the other day when I was editing my Bowling level. Having a levelexit outside of scene bounds gives you a warning (which is to be expected) when saving the level, and when trying to make a goomod, it still says it's a warning, but doesn't make the goomod, as if it's an error.

If you do make executables, let me know so I can add you as an author on the WooGLE page so you can upload them.

MOM4Evr wrote:
Hey, I noticed a problem the other day when I was editing my Bowling level. Having a levelexit outside of scene bounds gives you a warning (which is to be expected) when saving the level, and when trying to make a goomod, it still says it's a warning, but doesn't make the goomod, as if it's an error.

If you do make executables, let me know so I can add you as an author on the WooGLE page so you can upload them.

Mygod has been added on that page.

Having a zero normal vector doesn't make any sense and will crash the game. Stop trying ridiculous things.

Please read 3rd party instructions.

Because it's friendly.

I guess I will remove that since out-of-bound level exits might be expected. But it seems making a goomod with an out-of-bound level exit won't cause any problems. Is there anything else wrong?

Mygod wrote:
Having a zero normal vector doesn't make any sense and will crash the game. Stop trying ridiculous things.

Please read 3rd party instructions.

Because it's friendly.

I guess I will remove that since out-of-bound level exits might be expected. But it seems making a goomod with an out-of-bound level exit won't cause any problems. Is there anything else wrong?

It will crash the game so you need to add a notice.
No. I tried that.
Another suggestion: remove all useless attritubes. Tongue

You may want to have a warning against placing TimeBug balls directly into the level in the next version of WooGLE:

EDIT: Also, WooGLE acts in a very counter-intuitive way with my Wacom drawing tablet - I don't know why, but it will often select the wrong thing, even if clicking menu buttons (often causing random bits of the level to get moved by accident. It's very annoying, and I tend to use the tablet for many things rather than a mouse (including playing World of Goo Tongue). I'm not exactly sure how that can be fixed, but if it's possible I would very much appreciate it.

My Top 5 tower[s]: 51.38m Profile | 51.17m Video - Click on my username to see my addins.

wogfan wrote:
Be more specific please.

@Deku
Well that's an interesting bug. Tongue
I don't have a drawing tablet so I guess I can't fix that.

Mygod wrote:
wogfan wrote:
Be more specific please.

Are you too lazy to check your Introduction to Goomod? Tongue
/scene/button/@alpha, @colorize

Hei, what about another Gootool update? That hasn't been updated in a while and it has seriously bad issues with Windows version!

Mygod wrote:

It says "Creating Goomod: addin name"
Before that it ask me if it should add all cutom gooballs, I clicked yes but only one of two balls get added. And the goomod-file itself is missing.

Mygod wrote:

He's saying that, since this doesn't make any sense and will crash the game, WooGLE should give an error message (as it does if you e.g. make a non-static geometry with no mass).

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
Hei, what about another Gootool update? That hasn't been updated in a while and it has seriously bad issues with Windows version!

It works fine for everyone else, and there aren't really any features to add or bugs to fix imo. Tongue

Mygod wrote:

Well that's an interesting bug. Tongue
I don't have a drawing tablet so I guess I can't fix that.

Timebugs is static and draggable, so when you click on it the game will absoulutely crash.

Why timebugs can open pipe?

MOM4Evr wrote:
Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

It works fine for everyone else, and there aren't really any features to add or bugs to fix imo. Tongue

Then why does it bug out for me?

goomatz wrote:
Mygod wrote:
It says "Creating Goomod: addin name"
Before that it ask me if it should add all cutom gooballs, I clicked yes but only one of two balls get added. And the goomod-file itself is missing.
Try debug mode in your start menu and you should see something.

MOM4Evr wrote:
Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

I don't know what Wiki-goo is referring to, but if one tries to backup, restore, or publish a profile while the GooFans cannot be contacted, then GooTool hangs. You have to kill the process from another program (close button won't work, Alt+F4 doesn't work).

My Top 5 tower[s]: 51.38m Profile | 51.17m Video - Click on my username to see my addins.

I would like a custom ball option, for custom balls. You would basically click on it then locate to the directory of the ball

Mygod, can you give me a step by step instruction how to use the debug mode?
I opened debug.exe, but what am I supposed to type in there?

@Jim2102
What do you mean? I didn't get it.

@goomatz
Just start WooGLE in start menu (there's an shortcut to debug mode there), create goomod as you normally do, then see if there's anything coming out via the console. If so copy them and send it to me.

It says:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "wogeditor.py", line 2821, in makegoomod
File "wogeditor.py", line 1115, in creategoomod
File "wogeditor.py", line 1177, in _add_dep_to_goomod
TypeError: _add_dep_to_goomod() takes at least 8 non-keyword arguments (7 given)

That's weird. What version are you using? Are you using the latest one (RC6)?

I want to delete the level in WooGLE directly.Erase it's files.Wink

Random user of goofans site & WoG gamer.

Maniac of osu!game now. Go MU as you want and just PM me.

MaybeSuper wrote:
I want to delete the level in WooGLE directly.Erase it's files.Wink

Please use WoG Modifier.