No any celebrations on goofans

36 replies [Last post]

In this forum I got two points to discuss:

I wondered why goofans stays the same all time... On christmas it could have some snowy mode, on valentine day like the level red carpet style (The other style for goofans already there is a prototype: ), on easter some easter eggs (The real images) around the web images (The background)...
There could be something like competition of searching for some things on goofans like easter eggs (The real ones), or some christmas tree decorations, or hearts...
Why these things are not invaded on goofans - it's so boring without them...
There will be a special competition window on the home page of goofans. You need to accept it and search for some special images around the web. When you click on the image it shows you how many you have already found. The person who is going to find the most is going to be on leadboards page as the best competition searcher. If the person gets the same number of images found then it depends on how fast the person found the images (The competition stays for a week and then it goes off (The same for the backgrounds)). As you can see I want to say that the results of the competitions you can see on leadboards. I hope there is enough information for this celebration and competition invasion. And one more thing - the winner (First place) on the competition for the week gets a special prize but I have no idea what you could put in.

Another thing is not really celebration like these ones but it's birthday celebrations. It's just personal that you can do it right now - for every member who tells their birthday date can get some presents from others like addins or videos that you want to show or give personally to that person but ONLY on his/her's birthday.

Tell me your suggestions by posting.
Thank you...

EDIT: this is an add - what TYPE of goo ball do you want to be? Tell others! (I want to be a wiki-ball). I think you should be like these type of goos (Everyone who I know really well (My virtual friends)):

Black Wiki-goo - Black Wiki ball
Goo bomb - a bomb sticky (Or however that ball was called)
MOM4evr - evil eye
MOM - beauty product eye
Puggsoy - Packman goo
Little miss4evr - ivy
-the Sign Painter - the sign post (Not a ball)
momo1526 - Pilot
My God - sci-fi Pilot
goomatz - bit
tacomann13 - sci-fi bit
dan250 - Common black
RedTheGreen - Spike
G0o-gle - water
James - Soap water
Albino pokey - albino pokey
gooey goo - coomon
Goosweek - common

And probably some others...
but you can change yourself. Or on your account you can make any type of goo ball you want. And as here is a new forum I want to remind you about the skill level thing well you know...

And don't say that I wrote really kiddish but this is how I could explain this part on fast.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
MOM4evr - evil eye

AWW YEA!

That's actually a really good idea, Wiki. Xanax and David tried this once, but it didn't get too far. The problem with Google Imageing for stuff is that most of what you find will be copyrighted, so we can't use it here. I'd recomment Creative Commons search for something like this.

And about the balls: YOU SUBCONSCIOUSLY STOLE MY IDEA! Tongue I was working on a sandbox with a Goo Ball for each of the (active) members of the site. I already had a few custom ones finished, such as Taco. But you didn't say what Goo Ball you wanted to be.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

im not on it Tired but thats ok, there are a lot of members. Smile
id be the gooball on top of the elescope at the end of the game. or a supermario goo.

-_-

Like one of the Ivy ones from DavidC's old theme.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

IMMA SPIKE. LOL!

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
James - Soap water

GASP!

you know me so well

AP should be a cross between a pokey and a albino.

-_-

I wanna be a block head...

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

kirdneh wrote:

I tried making that once, but Pokeys already have four strands and a low spring constant.

The ideas are all pretty cool. I like the holiday themes, on another forum they had snow falling down the screen around Christmas. However I think that the easter egg would be kind of difficult to manage, especially if you want to do it regularly.

In any case, like all other suggestions, we need DavidC for this. I'm amazed at his extensive absence at this time of activity and suggestions. (Oh, and I decided to move this to Suggestions, any mod that thinks it should go back can do it.)

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
Puggsoy - Packman goo

Ha, dunno where that came from, but I like it. I wanted to make a Puggsy gooball once but I think it'll be some time before I get round to that.

Albino Pokey wrote:
kirdneh wrote:

I tried making that once, but Pokeys already have four strands and a low spring constant.

Can't you just make an Albino that has a Pokey's sticking properties, and some spikes sticking out? Although that would technically produce a Pokey Albino, not an Albino Pokey.

Albino Pokey wrote:
But you didn't say what Goo Ball you wanted to be.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
I want to be a wiki-ball).

DavidC came on IRC briefly yesterday, apparently working on the Minecraft server.

Sorry, Kirdneh I forgot about you cause it is really like complex and I get mixed up that there are more than 20 active members. You could be a balloon if you would like, Kirdneh Wink

Packman goo is from forgotten goos - from my latest addin - download it at the home page just the first addin called forgotten goos Wink

good idea wiki.
we need to celebrate something.
nobody celebrated my birthday. Sad
and you could celebrate 1 year at goofans,2,3

but I read 30 books and that means i won the gold award in the year 6 reading challenge. (I just need to pick up the badge after half-term)

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
Packman goo is from forgotten goos - from my latest addin - download it at the home page just the first addin called forgotten goos Wink

lol... yeah, I know, I even tested and published that for you. What I meant was that I dunno how you made me the Packman goo. But it's fine Tongue

I like your image, Puggsoy and when I see it and I remember you, you make me think of yellow - LOL, but that just made me make you into a Packman goo cause it's yellow either.

dan250 wrote:
nobody celebrated my birthday.

Everyone knows how old are YOU but nobody knows when exactly is your birthday. Mine is after 2 days on 19th February. Lets just from now on every active member tell their birthdays and then celebrate them on goofans and sending virtual presents. My birthday party level... OMG I need some ideas how to make it and how it will look like! PLZ somebody help me...

they know when my birthday is, thank you wiki.
basically 01/01/2001

There is no point to write a year, but thatnks for reminding but I'm not sure if I knew when your birthday is - THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR?! WOW, C-OO-L!

If anyone wants to send me a present here is my e-mail:

Wikigoo
[at]
gmail
[dot]
com

Made your email address spam-proof. Don't want emails about beef jerky socks, now do we? Tongue

puggsoy wrote:
Don't want emails about beef jerky socks, now do we? Tongue

Wow! I got some emails about those only yesterday! Tongue

puggsoy wrote:
Don't want emails about beef jerky socks, now do we?

COURSE WE DO! Beef jerky socks are only the best foot-wear at the Meat department! (probably the only foot-wear there too)

never buy the extended warranty for them though. its not worth it. now, if it was coated in ever-lasting goo for extra protection, i would though...and there is only one color, green....sigh.....

-_-

Lol! For my goo-ball... I'd totally be a Firework Gooball! It's a new gooball type I'm working on for chapter 5 of the FULL VERSION of Earth of Goo. I'm gonna make custom particle effects that explode like a firework in multicolors and regular colors when the balls explode. And, they'l launch up like rockets with the thrust tag... (as soon as I figure that out... it's not working for me... Sad)

Wink

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

I though of you, gooballs of fire and you make me think of a fuse goo - that's what U are! And I'm not sure if it is possible to launch gooballs but I think it's good idea but to make firework goos you will need some sounds for the gooball like shout sound, pop sound and you either will need to make a big colorful pop particle.

Thrust only works when attached. You probably want antigrav.

Hey that could work... I think I know how to make the system. Later I'll make a level design with these goos (Well not the level but just to show the goos) and then play the level on WOG and see if that works. Or do it by yourself if you want.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WIKI!!! Party

Thanks for video, dan!

i love Daneboe's videos!

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Wiki: HEY THOSE FIREWORK GOOS ARE MY IDEA!! Please ask before you go and make them first! Shock Wink

Also, I want them to only rocket when they're attached! That way they explode goo structures!! MWAAHAHAHAHA!! Evil Just kidding, I'll figure it out. Laughing out loud

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

momo1526 wrote:
i love Daneboe's videos!

marshmellow murder? remember that? and the annoying orange series? daneboe is awesome.

-_-