Introducing The Humble Indie Bundle V!

35 replies [Last post]

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I beat you to it MOM!
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right, here's the video:

I might be able to get this one for my birthday, it'd sure be worth it. Although the two games I really want most are Psychonauts and Bastion, the others aren't really as attractive.

Ah, derp. I was too busy helping out in support chat, and forgot about posting here. Tongue

You totes need Bastion. Epic game. Sword and Sworcery EP is really really cool, too; just has a weird ending. And I scare easily, so Amnesia is out. Haven't played Psychonauts before, but sounds like the kind of game I'd like; I'll see. Limbo is a cool puzzle-based physics platformer, just kinda dark for my taste. But yah, some really big titles here; these games are really highly critically acclaimed. One Bundle you don't want to miss. Say hi if you see me on chat! Smile

Of course, this would be a perfect prize if we're to do any kind of contest... Wink

Darn, I bought limbo when it said it was %66 off, and then they include it in the bundle. Tongue

I got it. This is the first good bundle in a while. (imo)

Psychonauts is very strange. I've seen it before. It's definitely the kind of game you would have expected last decade, coming out of some obscure game studio for Windows XP.

Amnesia is amazing amazing.

Bastion is also great.

Sword and Sworcery looks really fun, but I'll need to try it before I have a clear idea.

Limbo sounds fun.

hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha!! Laughing out loud

@puggsoy: you got the mom4evr Humble Indie Bundle posting virus! Laughing out loud

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

@MOM: I'm not sure if I scare easily, since I don't watch scary stuff much, but in any case I don't enjoy it, that's why I'd probably play Amnesia last. Limbo looks OK, but it's also a bit dark/gloomy/depressing in terms of story. And I just never heard of S&S, but it looks like it would be fairly fun.
I'd heard of Psychonauts when it came out, and I've wanted to play it ever since. And just about everyone I know on steam has Bastion, so I'm assuming that it's epic.

I'll see if I can convince my big bro to whip out the credit card Wink

puggsoy wrote:
it's also a bit dark/gloomy

You mean like the movie 9?
Anyway, that's sounds like my type of game, you should know I llllooooooovvvvvvvveeeeee scary stories.

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
Anyway, that's sounds like my type of game, you should know I llllooooooovvvvvvvveeeeee scary stories.

Great! Prepare to be absolutely terrified and not be able to sleep for a week. Tongue

@puggsoy: As for S&S EP, it's a really well-made point-&-click, one of the few that I actually like. It's just cool.
And yeah, everyone on Steam has Bastion because I bought everyone a copy back when it was on sale. Tongue It's unbelievably epic... I'll probably play it through a couple more times now...

I just loved Limbo. It's creepy and playing it is like try and die than try again without long loading screens.

MOM4Evr wrote:
gooey goo wrote:

Great! Prepare to be absolutely terrified and not be able to sleep for a week. Tongue
Wrong Exclamation Mark I'm not scared of things I read(although I'm scared of horror movies, something I won't tell and some old wog picture)Sad
P.S. LIMBO!?18+!?Crying

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
I'm not scared of things I read

Amnesia isn't something you read; and yeah, it's far scarier than any horror movie out there, afaik.

gooey goo wrote:
P.S. LIMBO!?18+!?Crying

Yeah, probably just because it's dark and creepy and kinda gory and stuff like that. No words or anything, so no cussing to worry about. Amnesia definitely has some 18+ content, though. I'm personally going to stick to playing Bastion, S&S EP, and Psychonauts, myself.

MOM4Evr wrote:
gooey goo wrote:
P.S. LIMBO!?18+!?Crying

Yeah, probably just because it's dark and creepy and kinda gory and stuff like that.
Stare yeah right! Liar! It's just because of death
/=====\
|O+++O|
\_+++_/
++|||++

I made goomods.

Yeah, all kinds of cruel and bloody death. Evil
You can fall to death, drawn, behaded, pierced, smashed, burned and many many more.

:3
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9687/picture16z.jpg
Tongue
P.S.hey, goomatz(I never talked to you before), but by any chance, is there any blood?

I made goomods.

In Limbo? There is blood, but everything is in silhouettes.

goomatz wrote:
... beheaded, pieced, smashed, burned...

Don't forget about bear traps, whatever category that falls in. Every single last one of them. (Meat Boy Saw Equivalent, might as well.)

ESRB's rating of LIMBO. Animated blood and mild violence, so it's not the most child-safe game out there.

MOM4Evr wrote:
I'm personally going to stick to playing Bastion, S&S EP, and Psychonauts, myself.

I'm with you on that one, at least for the first few weeks. I might give LIMBO a go, since I like any physics-based game, but I'm gonna leave Amnesia for last. The only reason I'm going to play it at all is because I paid for it.

I might not even play Amnesia. I know there are quite a few games in my Steam library I have never tried. They're all from Humble Bundles.

LIMBO is something I would try.

RedTheGreen wrote:
LIMBO is something I would try.

I WOULD be with you if I COULD be with you.

I made goomods.

RedTheGreen wrote:
I might not even play Amnesia. I know there are quite a few games in my Steam library I have never tried. They're all from Humble Bundles.

Yeah, but you buy HBs pretty often, this is my first ever. Amnesia might not even be that bad, apart from the freakiness it looks pretty interesting, kind of like Myst.

Anyway, I did get this Humble Bundle (woohoo!) so you guys can be sure to see "puggsoy now owns [bunch of games]" on Steam soon. Now I'm just hoping that exactly one year from now, a Bundle will come out with The Witness in it Wink

What's Myst?

I made goomods.

Click here for the best way to find out what Myst is.

By the way, just watched the trailer for Amnesia. I might have to agree with Red that I won't play it, at least not in the near future.

I keep trying to watch some YouTube playthroughs of a guy playing Amnesia- every time he gets to a certain part of the first level where a door in front of him flies open I freak out. There are plenty of videos out there of really tough guys scared senseless from that game. XD

I played the first two levels of Penumbra Overture, and they were kinda cool. Stopped when the scary stuff started. Tongue

i might of played Amnesia. I don't remember for some reason...

-_-

Played the first 30 minutes of Bastion last night, finished the Wharf District and built a Distillery.

It's awesome.

I can finally see what all the fuss is about, Bastion is actually way better than I expected. The art is awesome (like Braid), and the gameplay isn't half bad either. When I heard about the narrator I thought it'd be annoying, but even the narration is nice.
The music is also legendary. I'm glad I got this Bundle, now I got both the game and the soundtrack Laughing out loud

It's also surprising how small the download was. It's only a fraction of the size of Psychonauts (which I've been having to pause across multiple days since it slows down the internet, it hasn't even finished yet). Psychonauts better be good Wink

omg, Psychonauts is freaking awesome. I've been playing it all day every day for the past couple of days while the internet was down. 14+ hours, and I'm not bored yet. There's a couple things that are confusing, but it's a really well-made 3D platformer so far. And absolutely hilarious at times. Quite a lot of surprises; you never quite know what to expect next with this game...

That's great to hear! I see that you've been playing it recently, I saw "MOM4Evr is now playing Psychonauts" in the last few hours. It's (finally) finished downloading for me so I'll probably check it out today or tomorrow.

I personally didn't have too much interest in it. I'll try it later today and let you guys know.

Played 101 minutes of it today, it's great. It's been a while since I've played any 3D platformer and this is an awesome way to get back into it. Sure, the story is a bit random, and sometimes I have no idea what to do (had to go to the control options to know how to access the inventory), but other than that it's really fun. It's also pretty funny at times, that Russian guy especially just gets me every time.

Holy cow, they just added Braid, Lone Survivor, and Super Meat Boy. Talk about an awesome deal that just keeps getting better. Laughing out loud

When I read that my heart dropped because I had already bought it. Then when I checked my download link my head almost exploded because it still counts for people who have already got the bundle.

This is seriously the best thing ever. I mean, as far as I can remember this now makes it the largest bundle yet, right?

Plus, this happens just after I upgrade my TF2 account to premium (by buying a Mann Co. Crate Key). I mean, is this my lucky day or what?

Whoa. I need to get this one.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.