General Off-Topic Discussion Thread

63 replies [Last post]

I thought I'd start this, just to discuss anything you want.

Starting it off: I got Super Meat Boy in the HIBV, and there's a Goo Ball as a character! Shock It even uses sounds from World of Goo!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

You spoiler. That's pretty cool though.

So far I've unlocked the Head Crab and Commander Video. Makes me wanna get BIT.TRIP.BEAT/RUN.

Bit.Trip Runner is pretty fun. It's the most gameplay you can get from a Bit.Trip game.

I god to four warp zones so far, unlocking three characters through them, but I also have more than 10 bandages.

I've got Meat Boy and Commander Video, plus some of the cheat-code ones. It turns out that if you type "Ballgoo" when it lets you select a character, a creepy voice says "Push the Button" and selecting Meat Boy gives you a Goo Ball. It's really weird. Goo Ball can stick to walls and ceilings, so he's really useful in the Hospital.

(Also, "outtatime" gives you the guy from Braid, who can rewind time by pressing shift! Shock I found these on old Google News things, it seems Team Meat releases the codes every once in a while)

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

From what I heard, the Goo ball is the same as the Gish/headcrab, except Headcrab has a better diagonal jump, or something to that effect.

As of Super Meat Boy, I'm still trying to finish up what I haven't done in chapters 5 to 7 whenever I'm on it. I think I have... somewhere between 70 - 80 bandages? Maybe a little more.

Albino Pokey wrote:
Also, "outtatime" gives you the guy from Braid, who can rewind time by pressing shift!

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH IMA GO TRY THIS NOW

(By the way his name's Tim Wink)

TIM?! THE GUY FROM BRAID?! I LOVE SUPER MEAT BOY!!! I LOVE BRAID!!! I like the princes, event though it was me who got here to explode Laughing out loud

Because writing signatures is too mainstream

puggsoy wrote:
Albino Pokey wrote:
Also, "outtatime" gives you the guy from Braid, who can rewind time by pressing shift!

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH IMA GO TRY THIS NOW

(By the way his name's Tim Wink)

Ooh! And better yet, bandages glow green! Laughing out loud

Albino Pokey wrote:
Ooh! And better yet, bandages glow green! Laughing out loud

YES!

Hah, have you tried holding down Shift to the beginning of the level? He keeps "boinging" or whatever, whereas in Braid he just stood still until you let go.

The mechanics aren't nearly the same, but he's definitely useful for bandages.

I had to use him for the one level in W1 with all the saws spinning around platforms in the center, with you having to cross.

Let's continue the talk about Braid in gooey goo's thread here. To be honest we should have actually kept it on topic, we hadn't even finished the thread's initial discussion (despite it being fairly shallow).

Today I finished World 5, personally that one has always been the most confusing for me. The greatest bit though, was that even though this was my second play through I'd actually forgotten some very difficult puzzles, and re-solving them gave me that great feeling of accomplishment all over again. One of them I actually solved by accident the first time, so logically solving it this time was great Laughing out loud

Uhmm... i suggest we keep talking abou braid in this thread. @puggosoy have you tried collecting the 8 stars? The ending will be different if you have 7 when beating level 1/1 (the last level of the game)

Random Intermission! (Warning, may be spoilers, probably not though Tongue)
Braid has a nuclear bomb conspiracy theory!
DISCUSS

Yamaco! - Every Gooball ever
Computer! Y U get virus?

ACTUALLY....all we are discussing is off-topic

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Ooh! Google now has a Turing machine! It's really fun to play around with.

I'm freaked out because Ltumbleweed is online

@Dan250 Who is Ltumbleweed?
@thenoobtester Yes, it does.

SPOILER ALERT

Princes even explodes with a sound of a nuke when you get 7 stars! And that allows you to get the eighths one!

Wait, LTumbleweed?!

Thats preposterous!

Computer! Y U get virus?

LTumbleweed posted a day or two ago in the records thread, if I recall correctly.

By the way no, I haven't gotten the stars. I'm re-playing through Braid on Steam (since I originally had a non-Steam version), I might have a go at getting the stars after I finish the speed-run (which I didn't do the first time either).

well, have fun with that. They're REALLY hard to get, and one of them involves sitting in a level for 2 hours Shock

Computer! Y U get virus?

I actually stumbled upon one while fiddling with the level editor one time. I really can't see how to get it. It seems that, unlike solving the levels, getting the stars is ridiculously difficult and near impossible, which I personally don't find very fun.

I might not bother.

Two HOURS?! Shock

Is it possible to fast-forward time, past when you pressed Shift?

Well, in a way it is. If you hold down Shift and go back through time, and press Up without having let go yet, it'll say "x0" and time will freeze. Press Up again and you'll go forward in time, doing what you just reversed, up to the point where you began holding Shift. You can press Up more times to go faster.

However, if you let go of Shift you won't be able to do this. You can only travel forward in time if you haven't let go since rewinding, that is, you can't travel forward in time of what you haven't yet done. Give it a go and you'll see what I mean.

So simply put, no, you can't fast forward through those 2 hours.

Well, i got 5 stars. It is not that difficult.

Yeah, I got that two-hour star...
Never again. Tongue
I got the puzzle piece one too, but watched videos for the others and said forget it. I'd never get any of them without following along a video or something, just waay too difficult. And I'd never have known of any of them without watching a video in the first place.

WAIT...
if you go go back in time wouldn't you meet your past self?

Cave Johnson wrote:
Alright this next test may involve trace amounts of time travel. So word of advice: if you meet yourself on the testing track don't make eye contact. Lab boys tell me that'll wipe out time - entirely. Forward and backward. So do both of yourselves a favor and let that handsome devil go about his business.

-_-

Only if you'd already met your future self.

Portal 2 was originally going to be a bit like 3D Braid, set during Cave's time. But playtesters were confused that this was Portal 2...with no portals. They left that line in as a reference.

AHHHHHH I see why that was in there.
Yeah, it would be stupid with a game called, "Portal 2" and it has no portals.

-_-

I wonder what the F-stop is.