WooGLE Problem

22 replies [Last post]

How do you make a pipe so only beauty product (and the eyes) can get in the pipe?
EDIT: Fixed, but I have a new problem. Whenever I try to add a ball to the level, it doesn't show up on screen, and says the coords are around 7000 by 7000, and when I try to change it, it still doesn't show up.

Yamaco! - Every Gooball ever
Computer! Y U get virus?

Use filter and beauty pipe.

thanks Laughing out loud

Computer! Y U get virus?

Do you have a background image? If so, what's its depth?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yeah, and I set the depth as -1

Computer! Y U get virus?

Very strange. Have you tried playing the level? The answer to the problem might lie in there, I dunno.

Fixed the thread title by the way Wink

No I haven't. I'll try it out.
EDIT: Nothing seems unusual, except the beauty isn't there

Computer! Y U get virus?

It seems to me you have a lines normal pointing outside the level.
http://goofans.com/developers/world-of-goo-level-editor/reference-guide/...

All three of the lines are pointing inwards, to where I want my level to be Puzzled
EDIT: Working all the sudden. Get ready for a terrible first level Laughing out loud

Computer! Y U get virus?

EDIT: Uh, depth should always be > 0 for a bg image if you want to see any Goo Balls...
A depth of 100 or more is ideal.
NVM, depth should be < 0.

Oh, and rather than submitting your first few terrible levels, take some time and make a few more to get good at it. Good level design takes practice, and you'll likely have to make a few before you're satisfied. And chances are if you don't like your own level, we won't like it either. Tongue
Not trying to be mean here, just some advice. Making levels is hard. With some practice, though, you'll be an epic level-maker. Smile I know my first few levels sucked terribly. Tongue

MOM4Evr wrote:
Uh, depth should always be > 0 for a bg image if you want to see any Goo Balls...

This always confuses me. I always think that negative means further away, as with Flash, but in WoG it's the other way round.

Huh? In all my levels the background is somewhere around -100, so it doesn't move and is behind everything.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I agree puggsoy. This has puzzled me for a while now. Why is World of Goo's depth backwards? A higher depth would make sense to be further into your screen, deeper behind everything. Lower depths should be in front of higher ones.

I have no clue as to why they did this. Does anybody else know?

You're statement just now contradicted your agreeing with me. A higher depth should be further away from your screen, is what I'm saying.

I have no idea why they did this, but maybe they just saw it like that. I mean, when you say you have a higher "depth" they might see it as more "deep", so higher means into the screen.

EDIT: Wait. I just checked and the original levels have negative depths for backgrounds, around -500. Now I'm confused.

MOM, are you sure you mean > and not <?

No? One of us is confused. (might be me)

Depth: a higher number should mean it's further into the screen, behind more things

WoG does the opposite.

You're right, I was wrong. Apparently MOM was wrong too.

But now I can't remember which way I think is right Tongue

Maybe it should be called Z-Index.

Right, sorry, I got totally confused myself. I got used to the backwards backwards and thought the backwards of that was true. Tongue

what are you rtalking about?

@puggsoy: really? your picture? i like the old one beter!

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

Goo32, if you don't know what the discussion's about and the previous posts don't make it clear to you, don't just ask what's it about. In any case thenoobtester had a little problem, it's fixed, so the discussion is over.

And yeah, I decided to give myself a bit more of a goo-ish avatar. It's a edited version of one I had a while ago, instead of a Mario head I put a Goo Ball.

YEUS. DANCING MARIO IS BACK.

if anyone has a dancing Mario image its me Tongue
(ignore me, i don't know what i am talking about)

-_-

Yay for topics that keep on going once discussion has ended...
Lock.