New Records

1835 replies [Last post]

thanks for the tips, I'll recut the vid, but it may take a while till I'm getting to do it.

Peter B where's your video? I wanna see it. Tongue

I'll upload the vids soon. I wanted 20 on fistys bog but its very tricky, i may try it again. I'm also working on another level, so up all three at once.

ok, here it is:
https://

Good work there goomatz.Smile Just think, it would have been so much easier if only there was one bit of detaching geometry.
I have one question, how do you manage to move the speed-clicked balloons further than they should? It looks jerky when you do it so i would guess its to do with the mouse wheel, i dont have one on mine so i dont know. I found my own way of doing the same thing which i used to do my 3 new records which i'll be uploading tomorrow.

Mistys.. 65 balls - http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8016/misty65b.jpg

Fistys.. 20 balls - http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9558/fistysbog20b.jpg

Nice. Total Goo Count: 1557
Is 1,600 possible?!?!

Yamaco! - Every Gooball ever
Computer! Y U get virus?

Probably not. 43 is a lot of extra goo to find.

But nothing is impossible, isn't it? Smile
Looking forward to Peter B's videos.

P.S. It seems that my discover about mouse wheel and super fast clicking bug helped make records. Tongue

goomatz wrote:
One thing about the fast clicking bug:
Don't click a timebug after using the bug, it will crash the game.
But I've seen you click the timebug in the record video. Why didn't it crash? Tongue

Peter B wrote:
Just think, it would have been so much easier if only there was one bit of detaching geometry.
I have one question, how do you manage to move the speed-clicked balloons further than they should? It looks jerky when you do it so i would guess its to do with the mouse wheel, i dont have one on mine so i dont know.

If there were a detaching geometry it would have been done before. Tongue
And yes, your guess is right. I used the mousewheel. It's also usefull to know that it depens on your camera position how far you can get with the balloons.

Mygod wrote:
P.S. It seems that my discover about mouse wheel and super fast clicking bug helped make records. Tongue ...

Don't know if it's your discovery. I know about both a long time.
Mygod wrote:
...But I've seen you click the timebug in the record video. Why didn't it crash? Tongue

Yes I said this and it's wrong. I discovered during playing that it crashes only iff a ball vanishs after climbing on a breaking strand and you play on and click a timebug later. I was thinking about correcting my post but but I did't get to it.

Of course I'm not the first person to discover this feature.

@goomatz, i'm going to have to disqualify you for using the mouse wheel, not everyone has it.Laughing out loud
Your next challenge is to get 15 on fly away little ones, you'd think it would be possible.

Infesty - 36 balls

Misty - 65 balls

Fisty - 20 balls

Ahhh! Great! Laughing out loud

Peter B wrote:
@goomatz, i'm going to have to disqualify you for using the mouse wheel, not everyone has it.Laughing out loud

What is your technic to go further than the balloons should? I might use this the next time.Smile
Peter B wrote:
Your next challenge is to get 15 on fly away little ones, you'd think it would be possible.

My next challenge was to get 46 balls in Water Lock. Tongue
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/259/waterlock46balls.png

Maybe I'll have a try at fly away little ones.

You know what we need to do? We need to add a new type of record, like max goo in least time, sort of like OCD in least time. Always something I thought would be fun to try Smile

Computer! Y U get virus?

@goomatz, my technique is told in the vid description. Use whichever way you want, i'm not bothered. How much further can the mouse wheel move it? Is it better than my technique.
I never thought about water lock, it seems so obvious now.

It seems your technique is better as with the mousewheel you can only go up and down and not as far as you want.
Yeah I couldn't believe it myself that nobody ever tried it with Water Lock.
Here's a video:

Wouldn't 48 be possible if you could find a way to attach the pokey to one gooball, allowing you to collect the 2 extra goo
(just brainstorming, this could be impossible XD)

Computer! Y U get virus?

Thought i'd get in there first and get the max from Weather Vane, 107.Smile
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7361/weathervane107b.jpg This is also the most balls collected from a single level.
In just a week, 42 more balls have been collected, I think thats pretty good going.Big smile Total count now is 1570!

@noob, i dont think 48s possible, you'd need at least 2 pokeys, one to snap it and the other attached to the remaining line.

Ah. Well, whatever. But I still don't see why 1 move isn't possible in bulletin board system.

As you can see, there is a second shot made towards the line of goo, but as you know from Hello world 0 moves, you can not only put goos on a sleeping line, but use that line as a connection to the pipe. So I don't see why the line has to be awoken Smile

Computer! Y U get virus?

The line has to be woken so it can wake up the 3 sleeping balls near the pipe.

oh. OK then Smile

Computer! Y U get virus?

Horizontal Trans.. - 63 balls
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8772/htic63b.jpg

Both vids tomorrow.

How are you getting on goomatz?

Darn, weather vane was the next thing I wanted to try.
Congsrats, now you have all max ball records for the last chapter. Smile
I tried fly away little ones, so far without succes, the platforms are just too round.
Did you ever thought of tumbler? This would be really challenging.

I once tried out tumbler using the shaking bug but found it would never work. I suppose if you got an albino pushed through to the other side of the wheel using the shaking bug you could rip them off with an ivy. But ivys are probably the hardest ball to glitch, so it would be hard to make it strong enough.
As i wrote this i quickly had a go in woogle, it would be impossible to make the ivy strong enough.

I'm almost positive that regurgitation pumping station could be done in 1 move. Its only if the gears can break the common goo, which I think they can. So, I would do it myself, but I can't throw a line of goo XD.

Computer! Y U get virus?

Problem with Regurgitation Pumping Station is that the targetheight is way above the maxy on the scene. It's basically impossible to be able to whack a two-strand up that high on one final hit. You'd end up clipping through the line if you tried to throw that hard.

I've tried glitching Tumbler before myself; I think I managed to get an Albino to glitch through the wall after a lot of work, but lost a few Ivys in the process, due to all the shaking. You'd have to be REALLY lucky for something like that to work.

No.. not like that. You throw the 2-strand up to the top, and use 1 eye to float it off Smile

Computer! Y U get virus?

That's 2 moves. One to detach the eye, one to attach. That's the current record. Wink

Wait, when does the eye detach though?

Computer! Y U get virus?