Cheater alarm!

94 replies [Last post]

Thanks Daft! For completeness' sake, I just re-sent the other tower (sorry, I screwed up the first time ... hopefully got it right). It probably won't be as stable because it's already leaning + the lack of side braces.

Awesome!
Sorry, buck, for marking you a cheater. I guess I got a little over-zealous. Now go and top Peter! Smile

@all: no worries, thx for caring and being so responsive. 50m would be a very nice achievement.

http://goofans.com/leaderboard/profile/c47d987b9efd091afde48f24a307b395

The Red Carpet: 30 balls

Sorry, TM13......Sad

How you do this?

Thank you for pointing that out Vladislav!

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

I never would have guessed Taco Tongue

tm13 does not cheat maybe he was lucky?
(hoping he was lucky).

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

I also think that he was lucky!

I tried to repeat it, but the filter on "levelexit" can not do it ......Crying

I do not know who caused me write this ........Evil

I am very sorry to TM13 .........Crying

I can leave the site, nobody will notice ...............Sad

I think that the TM13 in the game just has a error with the ball "Beauty" in place of 18, becomes 30 ........ Stare

And I am sure that TM13 is not a cheat, he only a victim of error game.

PS:bubblefish4 I study in the morning, so do not go out chat.

- the Solidarity Crying and Sad Vladislav

Sorry Vladislav, numbers don't lie... Because of cheating, I can't be a mod, and I'm not always taken seriously. I bitterly regret it. TM cheated,now he has to suffer the consequences...

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

@all: I've personally known about some of his fudgy level scores for months, I just haven't told anybody. As far as I remember, he was just doing tests with a new type of Goo Ball of his (the illegal, deleted BETATaco) before he realized that it was cheating. But that was an older profile of his, and it seemed that this had been resolved in his newer profiles, so I didn't feel it was worth reporting. But this does seem like a different issue. Waiting to hear Taco's comments and explanations...

And while we're on the topic...
I REPORT MYSELF AS A CHEATER
Yep. Only one custom-made level, though. Check it out here: http://goofans.com/leaderboard/profile/167aac9262e3b9db215a573c460cff7a
OtherSideDispenser- 65 balls. Pavke and thB, with their awesome skills, managed 61. And this was before I got very good at World of Goo at all.

This fake score was due to the illegal BETATaco mod mentioned above (which somehow got published accidentally and was up for a couple days), in which case I plead that I was a victim due to extenuating circumstances. I don't blame Taco, either, as he didn't know any better at the time. I also aaaaaalmost did the same sort of thing in Impale Sticky, but changed my mind at the last second before starting to detach all the Goo Balls (good thing too, really).

I bring this up because I think cheaters get far too big of a bad rap. momo has explained that his badge was due to a simple experiment of trying to add more Goo Balls to original levels. In this case, I would think that hiding his accidental cheat profiles and telling him to scrap his profile and start from scratch (or having a mod edit his profile so that it is ok) would be far more humane. We have a bunch of modding tools on this site, and if you don't know exactly what you're doing (i.e. just starting out), it's unfortunately quite easy to wreck your profile and make it 'cheating.' I would think that the 'cheater' badge should be reserved for people who know that what they're doing is cheating and are trying to hide it and pretend they are better players than they really are (Like a particular other case that comes to mind- "Hey, guys, I've played more and gotten better").

Thoughts/comments? It would definitely have to be a case-by-case basis.

oh, Sad

- Sad Vladislav

hello MOM4Evr

First, there is not cheating in custom levels as far as I know. Changing anything in it doesn't make you a cheater (In my opinion). Only changing official level scores or tinkering with Corporation towers would make you a cheater.

Second: How do BETATaco gooballs work?

Thanks for supporting me there MOM4Evr! Smile

And yes I have the same wonder as Pavke: how do BETATacos work? Are they detachable???

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

As far as I remember, it made Commons detachable as well as looking like tacos.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yeah, the illegal (first) version made the Common Goo Balls detachable, 4 strands, and sticky.

*laughs*

How do you know that they cheated on Ivy Towers and BBS? Smile

Just because they got one million Goo Balls on each?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yeah,it was pretty hard to figure it out. Big smile

Marked! Thanks

By the way, why we can't see which user has uploaded a certain profile?

No idea. Mods can, though.

Did you get one of those minecraft shirts recently, MOM? Smile

No, but I want it. Tongue
I PORKCHOP MINECRAFT!
It just sounds so ludicrous that it's awesome.

I Mine and craft. Thus, there was a game named after it...

...CraftMine, obviously!

I like the one with the crafting recipe for a diamond chestplate. But I need to get one of the diamond helmets from The Last Minecart! Tongue

Keep this a cheater report topic Wink

Good idea.

Boy I'm glad I don't cheat! I am also glad there are many watching out for cheats!
Cheaters never win, and winners never cheat!
Cool

**sings** "Here I Goo again on my own. Gooing down the only road I've ever known."

hm....I not say: "WARNING! CHEATERS! Shock ".. I say: "Hey look! Cool Towers! Laughing out loud "