fallingattachment attribute

32 replies [Last post]

If you got here, that means you played my level: Stranded
If not, you might want to play it before you read this, it has

SPOILERS!!!

The falling attachment attribute, when set to true on a gooball, allows strands to attach to it when it is falling/thrown. This means you can start a level with no existing strands within the scene limits! This can be quite interesting...

The first thing I want to show you is a single stand ball with the fallingattachment attribute set to true. One gooball can be attached to the other like so when it is falling.
However! The ball that was attached to remains in a detached state even though it has a strand! Here is what I mean.
This means that particular gooball can be sucked by the pipe, this can give some quite amusing results. This is why:
The unattached with strand gooball is eligible to enter the pipe, so it does, and drags the attached gooball with it! This can cause crashes (though not necessarily).

Now, let's check out the gooball I used in the level, the DynamAttach. This is how the attachment works.
However, if one of the two on the structure gets sucked by the pipe, the game WILL crash! This is why I set this gooball to not be suckable.

The fact this gooball can both have a strand AND be in a unattached state, means the structure can roll around, which is quite funny! Also, if you click then release the gooball on this mobile structure, it will switch to an attached state. You will have noticed both of these while playing the level.

I hope you enjoyed my little explanation on this attribute! I'm looking forward to see such gooballs from you!

(PS: Can a mod integrate the images directly to the post instead of links?)

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

i would like to see and try the level.

-_-

Even though it's at the bottom of the queue, I'll try and publish it today, so that people can play the level and then read this thread.

Cool, thanks!
@kirdneh Added, go ahead and download!

Nice. This should be a book page, with the Gotcha ones.

I can put the images into the post for you, but it will lock you out of editing the thread. Are you okay with that?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Maybe, make a book page with all the integrated images, and keep this thread too. I'm kind of scared to loose control, like if I want to add something.

Okay, I'll do that.

And your level is now published, it looks amazing.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I'll check it out right now, even though you already published it.

Thanks, I'm surprised this attributed was never in a published level! (though I did see one discussion of it on the forums) Also, I've been testing around with other attributes such as maxdragforce and dragdampeningfactor. Setting maxdragforce to a negative number is fun, and set dragdampening factor to 1.95 or so, then shake it and it goes insane!

Okay, I totally failed at using image tags. Can someone else clean up the book page for me? Tongue

Fixed the page, all I did was put the image tags on their own lines. I'm unsure if that's what you were talking about, but I'd put them on their own lines either way.

OK, now I'm going to play the level.

My own book page! I am honored! :') But no one will ever know it was me... MUAHAHAHAHA!!! Evil
Oh, right the link to the level Tongue

OK, so I played the level, and read the page, and that is AWESOME. Rolling structures could become especially popular.

Very nice discovery and level, I will definitely see if I can implement such behavior in one of my levels.

Ahh, you beat me to it. I was going to use this attribute in one of my levels back when it was first discovered, but I never was able to figure out what was causing crashes and stuff. Very good job, my dear fellow. Smile

Thanks!I also made a test, being able to fling structures around with fallingattachment and fling attributes (due to the double state) unfortunately, it failed miserably!

Also, look at the book page. I attributed it to you.

Darn, I have a unfinished level using this (mysteriasly balls get sucked in without goo structure). I never get around finishing it. Though a new thought is: If they are attached in a detached state, do they still pop when touching a ballbuster?
*gos testing*

But it would almost certainly crash!

It doesn't crash if the balls get detached while/after suction. Wink

yeah, a no contacts detach geom along the pipe should do the trick, but I was talking about the ball busters!

Hm, I tested that too. The balls didn't pop and the game was running stabil.

Hmmm, the popping probably depends on it having a strand rather than on its state, kind of like flinging.

I want to play,but I cant

I made goomods.

why?

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

Has an error

I made goomods.

Mmmhmm? That helps none. What does it say?

All I remember is that it has something to do with PNG.

I made goomods.

I poked around in the goomod, and found nothing wrong on the surface. If you want help, you're going to have to give the exact error message. Are you on Mac?

Yes

I made goomods.

MOM4Evr wrote:
If you want help, you're going to have to give the exact error message.

I thought I made it kinda clear...

Well the computer is NOT IN GREECE!!!

I made goomods.