wog movie

244 replies [Last post]

Don't worry; we're all in it together! Which means that if you blow up, we'll blow up, too, like the late World of Goo Corporation. You can't stop progress!*

*unless, of course, you blow it up

I think I'm going to blow up BY YOU CRAZY GOOEYGOO Angry

It actually is possible to time travel. If you go faster than the sped of light, everything goes slightly faster, and if someone observes you, it looks like you are in slow motion, therefore proving time is relative. The fastest third person view is a speed called flux, any faster and you would be slower. At an infinite speed, you wouldn't move at all
That is, of course, if you can survive faster than light speeds:P

-_-

I think it's more likely that we will be able to see through time than travel through it. Not just on a screen though, maybe through some kind of device like a Pensieve from Harry Potter. And even then, I think it will only apply to the past, as I personally think that the future is undetermined and not preset.

Well the acceleration would smush you, but not the speed, so a gradual acceleration would be fine IF you can actually get to the speed of light, E=mc^2

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

What does E=mc2 have to do with it? The c in that equation is the speed of light, which is simply just 299,792,458 m/s.

The higher the speed, the higher the mass, at some point, one can no longer accelerate.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Bla, bla, bla
Whatever
All this started because of that spam

And I thank that spam. Because I got to try out my Ban Hammer of Turbo. It really is pretty fast.

I like the Ban Hammer of Justice. It only needs to be bigger. Tongue

if i was mod, i'd use the ban hammer of epicness. what is that, you say? think of a ban hammer so awesome, even the supreme ruler of the internet is unworthy to say its name, then multiply that by "x+1" (think of the biggest number you can, and add 1)

-_-

Ban hammer of turbo. I like the way how it looks industrial and high-class in comparison to the spam-scum it destroys.

I need a ban-hammer of goo so I could whack you girls so your CRAZY thoughts won't blow up my mind

I made goomods.

You all are sausages - talking about space on goofans - GO TO WEB CHAT WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT IT! By the way I'm Christian and I believe that God made everything and that he didn't spend any time to make something stupid aliens. By the way people cannot make any rockets or star ships that can drive with a speed of light but only over the speed of sound. Even thou so driving with a speed of light would not be enough to get on other galaxies in couple of days - it will take years. And none of the people can hold this. Well maybe if people could drive with speed of light 35 years, trying to support them selves on the star ship and when get there start to live... The planet is called HD85512B - type it in who don't believe but I'm sure there are no any creatures on the planet. If so then the aliens will be animals as I'm expecting to see... After 50 years when people will make a star ship that goes with speed of light and 35 more years to wait till they get there.

Anyway - there is no point to talk about aliens. And I wasn't expecting MOM believing in aliens. Only "sausages" believe that aliens exist - joking!

@MOM4Evr
I know it's not just the distance, I mentioned earlier in my post that I couldn't find information about elemental density of the universe (The big 3 things going into a planet's climate: Distance, size, composition)Those 3 lead to all of the other things you mentioned.

For our star, which is average sized, we'll use 2 no atmosphere celestial bodies as our examples as to why your statement about there being DRASTIC temperature changes if being a few miles (Or even a few million)miles closer or further from the sun. For our examples, we'll use 2 no-atmosphere celestial bodies, Mercury and the Moon. On the side of the moon that faces the sun, the temperature is on average 107°C, as there is no atmosphere to block that energy. On Mercury, the temperature of the side facing the sun is 427 °C, and it lies ~halfway between our Moon and the Sun. This shows that the close you are to the sun, it gets exponentially hotter, as the Moon, while 2x the distance, is 4x colder. Long story short, the Earth could have gone about 0.2 AU in either direction and it still wouldn't inhabitable, with the only difference being that another species would evolve rather than us (Not that it necessarily would ever become intelligent, but it still would have about a 6 billion year window. We evolved within 4 of that 6.)

As for your last facts, namely the first one:
Light speed is definitely NOT a barrier. Like I said in my last post, while you may not be able to have your VELOCITY exceed that of light, you can still end up in an area faster than a photon would have. The most prominent method of this being http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive
Also note, I had a few interesting ideas about that drive that utilizes dark energy (I made 3 different designs for 3 different possible theories of dark energy. I might scan and upload it in the future.) But I agree, we haven't been visited by Aliens. An Alien civilization finding us isn't like shooting the wings of a fly off it across a football field, it's like hitting it with an M1 Grande while you're 100 feet underwater and the flie's on the Moon. Also, if the Neanderthals hadn't gone extinct due to us, they probably would've developed space travel to. (On the last note, by the time our radio message would hit anything, it would've been dwarfed and distorted by the CMBR)

Everyone - who believes in aliens - that believes in big bang (But I don't)

@Wikigoo-4evr

You being Christian has nothing to do with the way the Universe is. Even if, and this is unlikely as there's no (read it: None) evidence whatsoever for Creation (And lots of evidence against, namely in the form of physics, especially thermodynamics.) we ASSUME that everything was created, that still wouldn't stop life forms from evolving. We humans can create artificial life in the form of evolving software on computers. Now, back to reality, let's get to your argument about rockets. In my previous post, I showed how you can go faster than light.

Quote:
Light speed is definitely NOT a barrier. Like I said in my last post, while you may not be able to have your VELOCITY exceed that of light, you can still end up in an area faster than a photon would have. The most prominent method of this being http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive
Also note, I had a few interesting ideas about that drive that utilizes dark energy (I made 3 different designs for 3 different possible theories of dark energy. I might scan and upload it in the future.)

Oh and a new comment by you. There's almost as much purely statistical evidence for existence of aliens as there is physical evidence for the Big Bang.

Edit: Yes, I'm tired.

Edit: What's the syntax for quoting? No "< >";s necessary. [ quote ] tags. -AP

gooey goo wrote:
I need a ban-hammer of goo so I could whack you girls so your CRAZY thoughts won't blow up my mind

I'm still a friend with you gooeygoo, but if you write something like that again. I'll need to borrow puggsoy's banhammer of turbo to...

/•| \
\•| /
It's gonna be a sticky end
DON'T BAN ME
P.S.WIKI,YOU SAUSAGE!

I made goomods.

@Wiki: See what I said in your other thread about posting randomness. Also, I suggest that you try not to bring religion into it. That's just my opinion though, I personally don't like getting into religious discussions.

It's not a rule, just a suggestion.

Chewyfungus, there is no point of teaching that aliens exist and the thing is that I just don't believe that aliens exist. So there was no pint of registering here to wrote me back cuz I'm here for more than year and cuz I'm not a dum and I chose my way where I go and what I believe. You better get WOG you know.

gooeygoo - I don't care if you believe in aliens but as I always say DO NOT MAKE FUN OF ME!!!

puggsoy:
1) I don''t believe that Christianity is religion but a reality
2) -the Sign Painter wants to make levels to people become Christians but not me. By the way if you... Ahh don't matter you are not a bot are you Sad

@Wikigoo-4evr
Like I said already, what you believe in doesn't change the current state of affairs, these being:
1) The universe is ~13.7 billion years old
2) The universe has been expanding from a single point
3) The odds of there being alien life in the universe outweigh (massively) the odds that natural circumstances have to come over in order for life to occur.

If you'd like, I could show you the evidence again without referring to my previous posts.

Also, you haven't been here for more than a year, just about 8 months or so. Coincidentally, that's also the amount of time I've been lurking here for.

Gooeygoo wasn't actually calling you a "sausage" by the way. Nobody in any of the English-speaking countries call people sausage's. What was your first language?

Edit:
If you propose the existence of a god, then you must follow the scientific method in order to defend it's existence.

If you can't or won't do this, nobody has any reason to take you seriously.

You can have your own beliefs, but you can't have your own facts.

No I have been here for about a year cause I have two more accounts!

I don't care about the space. I know what I know and I do what I want.

In school Jack Meakin says it. And my language you don't have to know. If you came here you got two choices:
1)Get a WOG
or
2)Get lost till you get it cause you are annoying me with your alien being, OK?

@Wikigoo-4evr
Oh that makes more sense. (Not your middle claim, just that you have 2 accounts.)

I do have World of Goo, by the way.

But don't make me hurt cause I'm getting really mad then, OK? Are you a newbie?

I like this chat
carry on

Ehh... Lets go to web chat better cause it's getting really big you know...

dan250, get a popcorn while look in the chat what we are saying Wink

Wiki,hit the road,I'm not a sausage,thier not a sausage,your not a sausage.

I also don't believe in aliens,but there is a movie called aliens

Please edit your posts and don't double post.
-puggsoy

I made goomods.

MOM!
are you home?

MOM?

I made goomods.