wog movie

244 replies [Last post]

YEAH,GO PUGSSY

I made goomods.

gooey goo, aliens does not exist. As I didn't really understand what you guys were talking about but I don't get what's annoying you and what a newbie what a bot...?

Ooh, sorry 'bout that James. It is my first time y'know, gotta get some practice.

Uuh... where's the megamop?

Your gonna clean stuff,puggsy,eh

I made goomods.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
gooey goo, aliens does not exist. As I didn't really understand what you guys were talking about but I don't get what's annoying you and what a newbie what a bot...?

A newbie is soeone who is new to the site. Commonly abbreviated "n00b".

A bot is a program that posts random comments automatically. Puggsoy just killed one.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

\• |
/• |
WAR!!!!!!!!

I made goomods.

Why you are telling that to me? Tell that to gooey goo if you can... gooey goo you are really thinking aliens exist... I need to say LOL!

He's not saying aliens exist. Simple as that. Wink

He's quoting that spammer Puggsoy just banhammered.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

But for the record, they do exist. It's highly improbably that we're the only lifeforms in an infinite universe.

Albono Pokey wrote:
He's quoting that spammer Puggsoy just banhammered.

I can understand the most of the part cuz -the Sign Painter just told me what the spammer means. Benhammed - what does that mean?

He smashed him with a banhammer.

Technically, lots of people are aliens if they move from another country and are not an official citizen of their country they move to.

-_-

RedTheGreen wrote:
But for the record, they do exist. It's highly improbably that we're the only lifeforms in an infinite universe.

Nonononono, the universe is infinitely large, and thus there's an infinite number of planets. However, there are very few populated planets, thus a finite number. Divide any finite number by infinity and you get zero. Thus no planets are populated and if you meet any life forms in the universe, they're figments of your imagination.

Gotta love HHGTTG logic.

@AP: EPIC. PICTURE. I love it! Laughing out loud

Avtully mom,the only life forms in space are microscopic

I made goomods.

The only life forms (that we have come across) are bacterial, but that means in like millions of years humans may evolve again. Tongue

Tired Can we please stop this space conversation?

Kirdneh wrote:
Technically, lots of people are aliens if they move from another country and are not an official citizen of their country they move to.

You must be more accurate in this, Kirdneh. People call aliens those who live in another planet not in another country. By the way aliens does not exist at all.

Wiki, you're wrong on both accounts. Aliens exist. There is evidence that life is sustainable on other worlds. Lrn2Google. Also the term "alien" usually refers to an immigrant, like from another country.

RedTheGreen wrote:
Wiki, you're wrong on both accounts. Aliens exist. There is evidence that life is sustainable on other worlds. Lrn2Google. Also the term "alien" usually refers to an immigrant, like from another country.

RedTheGreen - you sausage!

Aliens is just an idea and it is impossible as even there is something then it's milliards of miles away from this galaxy or even away from this black hole (Just the thing is that lots of galaxies (That's what people think) are rounding around a black hole but they actually should fall apart because the hole does not have so big power and the thing is called Dark Matter. It's everywhere - the black thing that has nothing in it - that is the black thing you always can see when you are out in space! The night is made by it... Anyway if you say aliens exist like that and you believe in it I need to say LOL and that astronomers lied cuz they don't even know. Only cause there is air to breath on other planets that doesn't mean that there is life on it.

There are differences between immigrants and aliens - immigrants come from different country but aliens live on different planet Wink (but aliens don't exist).

How do you know wiki?
I seen a picture that a rover took on mars
An alien was seen far away
http://www.google.com/search?q=Mars&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=pl&tbm=isch&source=...

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
RedTheGreen wrote:

RedTheGreen - you sausage!

Aliens is just an idea and it is impossible as even there is something then it's milliards of miles away from this galaxy or even away from this black hole (Just the thing is that lots of galaxies (That's what people think) are rounding around a black hole but they actually should fall apart because the hole does not have so big power and the thing is called Dark Matter. It's everywhere - the black thing that has nothing in it - that is the black thing you always can see when you are out in space! The night is made by it... Anyway if you say aliens exist like that and you believe in it I need to say LOL and that astronomers lied cuz they don't even know. Only cause there is air to breath on other planets that doesn't mean that there is life on it.

There are differences between immigrants and aliens - immigrants come from different country but aliens live on different planet Wink (but aliens don't exist).

There's so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. The observable universe is 45 billion light years in diameter, and the WHOLE universe is most likely much larger than that (This is despite the fact the universe is 13.7 billion years old. Even though light can't travel faster than light speed, space isn't bound to this speed, and due to the presence of dark energy, is able to speed itself up beyond light speed, due to the curvature nature of space hitherto general relativity). An extremely conservative estimate on the amount of galaxies in the observable universe proposes that there's around 400 billion galaxies in the observable universe alone. The average galaxy has around 2 trillion stars. There's also strong evidence to suggest that 95% of all stars have at least 1 planet that's not a gas giant. So, in our extremely conservative estimate, we already have ~800000000000000000000000 planets. That's 10^23 to make this easier to digest. For the average star, the habitable zone lies about 1 AU away from the star (1 AU is the distance between the Earth and the Sun.)The maximum distance for Earth-sized planets moving at an average speed around a star is about 50 AU, so we can divide our planet count by 50, and now we have 16000000000000000000000 habitable planets, or, 1.6x10^22. That's how many Earth-sized planets in the habitable zones of stars there are in the Observable Universe. In our galaxy alone, that is 4000000000 planets. (Remember, we're still assuming 1 planet per system.)That's how many planets there are in our galaxy alone that could potentially support life. When you factor in all the other sh*t that goes into figuring out whether or not a planet is habitable, that still leaves a humongous amount of planets that are habitable in our galaxy alone (I don't have the "exact" numbers because it's insanely difficult to find information online about elemental density of the universe)every single habitable planet will most likely have life of it, intelligent or not.

Also: I'm not sure you know what dark matter is presumed to be. First off, it might not even exist. Second, if it DOES exist, scientists suppose that all it is is a weakly interacting sub-atomic particle, meaning it exerts gravitational force, but doesn't interact with the electromagnetic spectrum (hence the reason we can't see it).

As for your statement about black holes....What? The Stars in our galaxy all revolve around a huge clump of matter, that matter may or may not be a black hole - who knows, we can't observe it, and there's no observable event horizon.

Also, air existing on a planet doesn't mean anything about whether or not life will evolve on a planet. If it's hot enough, has ANY SORT of atmosphere, and has either water, hydrocarbons (Oil), or methane oceans, or abundant carbon and silicon, then, even though the chance of life occurring is still slim, you have to consider that that planet has had BILLIONS of years of life to evolve.

Also: "Illegal Alien" is a term used to describe an illegal immigrant. Alien just means "From somewhere else" not "From outside of Earth".

Please tell me that English is your second language.

Edit: And yes I joined just to post that.

@Wikigoo-4evr It's highly improbable that aliens DON'T exist. Of all the billions of galaxies all containing billions of stars there bound to be at least one little bit of life, even if it's a tiny bacterium it's still life. The night is not made of the "black thing". The black hole is hundreds of light years away and even if it was very close to Earth you still wouldn't be able to see it because the gravity of it is so strong it suck in light thus making it completely black.
@MOM4evr The universe is not infinite. For it to be infinite it needs to be infinitely fast, which it's not. So a finite number divided by a finite number equals a number ABOVE zero, and ultimately one. And also if there's no populated planets then how was Earth populated? So that kinda breaks down your theory.
@gooey goo it's quite unlikely that the only lifeforms out there are microscopic. Earth is only a teenager (in astronomical terms) compared to some other astro objects. There's way earlier planetary systems that would of had much more time for lifeforms to evolve into sentient beings.
Oh man chewyfungus, your post smashed mine.

Totally fake, but I love it.

then will there be the end of the world in 23rd december 2012
or is it made-up

Probably not. The idea is that some people say that the ancient Maya calendar is going to loop back around to 0, which represented the beginning of time.

@Chewyfungus: Posts deleted. But I think that was one of the longest replies we've ever gotten on this forum! Smile

This is, uh, getting very off topic and I can't be bothered to read everything about space, aliens, and whatnot. I agree with Red that there's an extremely high chance that life in other areas of the universe exists, and maybe even comparable-to-human intelligence. Notice that I didn't mention it being on planets. I mean, maybe the entire species is living on a spaceship, or some other surface that doesn't technically come within the definition of a planet.

Oh, and just so you guys know, my hammer is a Ban Hammer of Turbo.

YAY BIG DEBATES!

@Invader: I was just quoting Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy. It's joke logic that is obviously false (like almost all logic in those books). Quite funny, though.

@Chewyfungus: Welcome to the forums! Very nice, logical post. I don't personally have anything that's logical or huge against there being/not being aliens, but I would like to point out that simply being the right distance away from a star isn't the only thing you have to think about when determining if a planet is habitable or not. It also depends on:
-The atmosphere: An atmosphere that's richer in carbon dioxide would hold in more heat than an atmosphere full of nitrogen. Granted, other life-forms may not have to be at the same heat threshold as life-forms on this planet do, but it's not too likely that many aliens would exist on a planet as hot as Mercury or Venus. But atmospheric composition would play an important part in determining if a planet is inhabitable or not.
-The atmosphere (II): Chemicals that form the atmosphere also play a crucial role in whether a planet is inhabitable or not. While life-forms can change atmospheric composition, the atmosphere would have to have the right chemicals in the right proportions to start out with.
-The distance: In combination with the amount of greenhouse gases, the distance margin is actually very slim. I've heard that if the earth were only a few miles farther away from the sun, we'd all freeze to death, and if the earth were only a few miles closer, we'd burn up eventually. While in the short-term, it doesn't seem terribly bad (after all, because of the Earth's elliptical orbit, we're moving in and out a few miles anyway), in the long-term it can have drastic consequences (we'd never be able to grow anything to eat if it were winter all the time). Which leads me to:
-The seasons: These actually help circulate the airflow around the planet, making the overall temperature more stable.
-The rotation of the Earth: It's actually very important. On Venus, for example, days last about 60 Earth days, which means huge temperature plummets during the night, and huge temperature spikes during the day. Earth plants, as we know them, would wilt during 60 days without sunlight.
-The other planets: Jupiter and Saturn are actually very big allies for us. Because of the large gravitational attraction of the sun, asteroids are constantly being sucked in, and the gas giants in our solar system have high gravities, slinging these asteroids into the sun or off into space. Without these planets, we'd probably be pounded to death.
-The moon: The ocean's tides are caused by the moon (and the sun, but to a lesser degree). These tides help circulate the ocean currents, giving the ocean a more stable, uniform temperature. Without this, life in the ocean would be difficult, and the ocean is a very important food supply for the rest of the planet.
-Water: While extraterrestrial life may not necessarily depend on water, all life as we know it does, so it may be important also. This would also limit the temperature of a planet because frozen would mean dead.
-Volcanic activity: Io, one of Jupiter's moons, has a tremendous amount of volcanic activity, which would make life difficult. Especially because of all the toxic gases and such because of the volcanoes.
-Other factors: I probably missed quite a few.

Basically, the point is that the margins for life being on other planets may be slightly closer than you may think. Just sayin'.

Very interesting debate, though. I hadn't thought about it too much before. Mainly because:
1. If we accept that the speed of light cannot be exceeded, the chances of some alien race visiting us is very slim. Tongue
2. We're the only species on the planet that has started space travel, out of 1.9 million. And we haven't gotten too far. Therefore the odds of some other species visiting us... kinda slim. Tongue
3. They might know about us before we know about them. All our radio waves and such are extending outwards as a giant sphere, rocketing outwards at the speed of light, sweeping past planets and solar systems. The first thing other species may hear from us is who won the Super Bowl that year. Tongue

I think I'm going to blow up BY YOU CRAZY GOOFANS Angry

I made goomods.