Political/Religious Debate

469 replies [Last post]

Red,what do you think your doing!?

I made goomods.

Continuing the awesome debate.

(This comment is testing the theory that editing old posts like this will show up on the tracker. Did it work?)

Of what

I made goomods.

http://goofans.com/forum/and-then/pictures-of-your-cat/3237?page=6

The debate about aliens, science, religion, and philosophy.

OI! Want me to report you two?! RedTheGreen as you are not a newbie but even being longer than me here you should be a bit smarter you know...

Gooey, the sausage is kind of a name calling so I won't use that anymore but it was just for joke. You say "you sausage" if somebody's saying something wrong or doing something wrong as I understood. My name is Wiki-goo

And as I said before RedTheGreen:

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
I don''t believe that Christianity is religion but a reality

And there are reasons between reality and religion but I can't explain it. You made me hurt because of this forum, Red. When I joined you weren't talking to anyone but now you came and... You are kind of selfish you know.

I got really angry so sorry...

YOU IDIOTS! Letting me down only cuz I'm 13 and cause I'm kinda different?! You know what shut your mouths youse twoes ugly boges! Selfish you two are - SEL-FISH! You got nothing to do right so you are picking on me, right?! Just get lost if you are picking on me you jerks!

Wiki calm down
Or I'll tell MOM about this

Let's start with science...

Sorry, guys. I think it really is my fault. But I don't wanna disguss it because I'm a christian and that's it. By the way I'm writing from school even I cannot open this page. Just I cheated Evil! If you want me to tell you how to cheat go to web chat after school...

By the way, MOM I found the mudic I all the time was looking for. It's also by 009 called Trinity!

Red,that's mine and your stealing the fame of me

I made goomods.

@Wiki: Don't be offended. Red is just trying to give people a place to discuss if they want to, which is a good idea.

For me:
Politics: I think basically everyone is an idiot. I'll probably vote for Ron Paul this year.
Science/religion: Already posted in the other thread.
Aliens: I don't have one great opinion one way or the other, but they probably don't exist, or if they do, they're not as intelligent as we are.
Bigfoot: He probably exists.
Loc Ness Monster: Most likely exists or existed at one point.
Dragons: Probably existed at one point as well. The skeleton would look just like a dinosaur, anyway.
Unicorns: It's possible, but I don't think anyone has found a horse skeleton with a horn, so maybe not.
The Tooth Fairy: Of course. I've even met her.

Have I covered all my bases?

But he's stealing my fame

I made goomods.

I think aliens are likely.

That's all I'm gonna say. I can't be stuffed to say anything more, and I don't want to get too caught up in religious talk on a forum anyway.

Huh? How is he stealing your fame? That doesn't make sense.

This is part of my topic Angry

I made goomods.

On forums, topics don't belong to one particular person, in the same way that an ordinary conversation doesn't 'belong' to the person who started it. It's common forum practice to split a discussion into a different topic that isn't related to the original topic, rather than derailing the original thread. It's nothing against you. Red had the noblest intentions in starting a new topic.

So this is where we blah blah and in mine were epic

I made goomods.

MOM, you are absolute sausage. I cannot believe you believe in tooth fairy... May be that was when you was a child or it was a dream. How stupid... An adult believes in tooth fairy - LOL! By the way there is no such as a big foot but the Loc Ness Monster is a DINOSAUR. It's not true that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago... They are still on the earth - living in Africa continent in couple of rainforests or somewhere there... But people are trying to hide them.

What is unicorn?

Dragon is a copy IDEA of the real dinosaurs. So sadly dragons don't exist. It's impossible that a dragon flames out fire and don't ever burns himself - Illogical!

People have seen all the world and so investigation proves it that no fairies or easter bunnies or santaclouses that exist. That's logically impossible. I'm a logical person and I do not believe anything that is illogical except for that God exist cause it's kinda illogical that he has been forever cause everything should have beginning and the end but if you look further it's even more illogical. Basically would be like there actually is like - we imagining that we exist and we can do something but we actually don't even imagine because we came from nowhere because we don't even exist - actually illogical so I wouldn't believe it. MOM I think this is even harder for you to understand but for a reason I can... Oh well everyone can understand themselves Big smile

(By the way if I call you a sausage - you are wrong in some point. But it's nothing special).

I was joking about the Tooth Fairy. Tongue

As for dragons, a dinosaur that can shoot burning acid out of its mouth ( similar to the bombardier beetle, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_beetle ) doesn't sound terribly far-fetched to me. They may not have breathed fire per se, but a dinosaur-like creature is described in the book of Job as having "breath that sets coals ablaze." Sounds like a dragon to me. Just something I like thinking about; I won't adamantly claim they exist or not.

Bigfoot: A giant orangutang loose in the woods of Ohio isn't far-fetched at all, and would probably fit most of the descriptions. I will venture to say that most of the stories surrounding Bigfoot are most likely fictitious, however.

Unicorn: see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorn
As I said, no fossil records of them, so they probably don't exist.

Loch Ness: As you said, probably was/is some form of dinosaur. Interestingly enough, there's a story about Saint Patrick when he went to Scotland seeing Loch Ness. Some stories surrounding the monster are probably fictitious, but that one was interesting.

Actual alien sightings: All of the accounts disagree. No two alien 'sightings' seem to have anywhere close to the same description of the aliens or spaceships. To be fair, UFO descriptions are somewhat coherent in this way, but this could be due to the power of suggestion.

Politics: Obama is a figment of your imagination. There is no documented proof that he exists. Tongue YES, I'M KIDDING.

For the Loch Ness Monster, it's probably not a dinosaur. I'd say a plesiosaur or an icthyosaur. Those were the ones that lived in the water. Smile

Also, for the dragons, it could have a high enough body temperature that its breath could ignite some sort of alkane. Maybe some sort of symbiotic bacteria could produce it.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Ah, I thought that they didn't distinguish plesiosaurs and icthyosaurs from dinosaurs. Now I know. Thanks, AP. Smile

Sorry Guys but someone had to tell you:
This conversation is simply stupid!
Why? Because your debate is based on beliefs...Things that are not proved!
Even the science could be wrong ... who knows?
Discussing about this is just terrible. Making that the other person believe what you want in a discrimination rule!
Then you are in a intellectual race of who writes more intelligent things that approves their beliefs.
You are doing it wrong.
Racism and classism is not the answer guys.

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Sorry, but how is this racism?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

For me:
Politics: Libertarian.
Science/religion: Non-religious. Also: Quantum Mechanics is incomplete.
Aliens: Odds, odds everywhere. (Yes)
Bigfoot: Lolnope
Loc Ness Monster: Lolnope
Dragons: Lolnope
Unicorns: Lolnope
The Tooth Fairy: Duh.

Have I covered all my bases?

@G0o-gle

About the science thing: That's almost true, actually. Have you ever tried verifying the scientific method via the scientific method without circular reasoning? This leads to the "Incompleteness" principle. But, the conflict is resolved when you apply the incompleteness principle to itself, thus resolving the conflict. Also, please don't include yourself in an argument if all you're going to do is discriminate against people who enjoy debating with each other (Boom, headshot)

FINE!

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

aliens: actually, i met one on (EDIT: there are no aliens on any base, and the area 51 rumors are fake. sincerly yours, the SOPA.) and that was pretty cool.
big foot: do you ever see those guys with big, hairy feet? they are a mixture of the speicies nicked named as ~`$##*##~`~ from the planet JWL-41324, as their real name is impossible to pronounce. and the speices Homo Sapiens from the planet earth. Tongue
just kidding i think it is bogus people looking for attention, or maybe a hairy hobo.
unicorns: probably a misinterpretation of a rhinos, or nose horn.
politics: super mario, of course Tongue
religion: i think discussing our religions/beliefs/etc. are a little too touchy, and we may accidentally insult someone. we may name what we are but we can't try to tell someone else they are wrong.

-_-

@kirdneh

WWRROONNGG

what wrong besides the stuff i was kidding?

-_-

I think the legend of the unicorn came about when someone found a narwhal horn and a horse skeleton together, but I may not be remembering correctly.

Ron Paul is my current favorite, but he isn't going to win.

OK,THATS IT! --- ARE YOU DOING RED!?

I made goomods.

It's a political/religious debate thread. That's his political view.