"Untrusted Signs" discussion

85 replies [Last post]

This topic was created for the talk about untrusted signs(US)

you can post anything you like here for US.
such as:
ideas
levels
movies (you don't need to say the movies, I got them in my head)
bla...bla...

And a little question
"can you create keyboard images and turn them into buttons, then type in a code. If you get it correct the level finishes, if incorrect you need to type it again?"

That's actually a REALLY good idea about the code-typing. It SHOULD be possible, though I'm not completely certain how you'd achieve something like that. I'll think about it, but in the meantime:

goomatz?

AWESOME Laughing out loud

I made goomods.

If you could manipulate the buttons goomatz used in GooPeg, it would probably be possible to do one way or another. But it would be dodgy and take heaps of testing.

Sometimes to create a level i worked for days... And then Crash....FUUUUUU
It happened many times.

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Are you rage GOO-gle

I made goomods.

Dan, I didn't know that you need ideas for your game! By the way Puggsoy and AP are working on making chapter making addin file format so if that won't help you with your chapters then I will try to work it out by my self and then I'll make a video and so I'll put it in the addin file format's comment part so you can actually know how to make chapters cause making chapters is twice as harder than merging levels together. What AP wrote in his island.xml.xsl and in addin.xml it was so weird written that I just couldn't understand what goes where so I definitely need addin file format information and you definitely need video to understand and to be able to do it. That would give me level 6B or 6A but for you only 5B or 5A cause you also need to understand how to merge levels. The system is this e.g.

You know how to make chapters you hget level 6C/B/A but you dunno how to merge levels. That just will let you down and minimize your level so you get down to 5/C/B/A. If you make a MapWorldView but you still can't merge you go up to 6C/B/A cause you have to know how to merge and that is the system. You are only going to get level 7C/B/A (As before you told me you can easy get) if you either will BE ABLE TO MERGE. If your skills are up to level 8C/B/A but you STILL can't merge you go down to level 7C/B/A. You get the deal? The reason I wrote this to you is for you to understand the system of level I wanted to tell you long ago when you said:

dan250 wrote:
Soon I'll be level 7B

(Something like that)

But remember. Making chapters is twice as harder as merging levels. Probably you were merging once levels as I think you told me but I think the thing was that you put a wrong sign, letter or number when you were merging... Just check your addin.xml and text.xml (If you have it on the merge forlder) just click on them and then the browser shows you on the internet where you got wrong. If you see it somehow as it should look like then all is fine. Only check if you want to change something like the name of the addin or something. Merging is easy if you completely understand it. I'll make a video for you to understand if you still don't.

So you are making chapter... what about MapWorldView? The best way is to make beta versions like I did so people would know what the thing is all about before you finish it totally. By the way beta means a program that is launched and unfinished. MapWorldViews is really hard work. I think it's easy but some things like addin.xml or island.xml... Really hard you know.

By the way if somebody's interested in the World of goo Dyamond catchers beta 2 then I need Puggsoy and AP to make addin file format of making chapter cause beta 2 finally is first chapter addin on World of goo dyamond catchers DEMO and my first chapter! Wait for it soon or till AP and Puggsoy makes the addin file format about chapters.

I hate my life

I made goomods.

Wiki-goo, let's get this straight... we are not making a chapter addin format. All we are doing is making a page explaining how to make chapter goomods. The only person who can make new addin formats is DavidC, since he's the one who codes GooTool.

thanks wiki
for your great block of text
we were talking about something
just waiting for goomatz

MOM4Evr wrote:
That's actually a REALLY good idea about the code-typing. It SHOULD be possible, though I'm not completely certain how you'd achieve something like that. I'll think about it, but in the meantime:

goomatz?

*starts thinking about it*

puggsoy wrote:
But it would be dodgy and take heaps of testing.

True.

Ok, here it comes:
I haven't tested but it should work.

Let's say the code is "1234". Each button on the keyboeard is a dispenser ball spawning a nonburnable ball. The buttons 1-2-3-4 spawn a burnable ball with different explosion forces. The explosion force of "1" is higher as "2" and so on.
If the player clicks a button the spawned ball will climb on a strand like the points do in GooPeg and "falls" in the text field.
The text field:
At the 1'st digit in the text field is a comp.geom tagged break=x (it will break if the explosion force is high enough). The 2'nd, 3'rd and 4'th digit have two comp.geoms each one breaking if the right entry explodes the second breaking as well if the force is too high.
If the code is correct the way for a circle is cleared and it collides with another geometry ending the level with endoncollision. Let's say the player "typed in" "1214" the way for the circle will be blocked because the second comp.geom breaks as well.
Clicking the enter button clears the way for a burning ball which ignites the balls in the text field if they are burnable.

I hope this is comprehensible.

Firstly: I need to download GooPeg (which is currently impossible for me to download anything yet)

Secondly: It doesn't matter if the code is long, does it?

Thirdly: "World of Goo Untrusted Signs" for short would be WOGUS (I know it sounds funny)

@goomatz: I think I understand what you mean. That's really quite clever, my idea was similar, with the dispensing of balls and explosion of walls. I'm not too clear on the details about ball explosions and breakable geometry, so I'll have to brush up on that a bit.

However, if this worked it would be revolutionary. Being able to restrict level completion, and in turn many other things, with numerical codes would expand goomod possibilities quite a bit.

A new World of possibilities will open.. by the way i have many incomplete ideas that i want to make in a goo mod and that could help A LOT

Hey You!

dan250
I don't think it's necessary to download GooPeg to build this level.
The longer the code is the more complicated is it to build the "code query". How long is the code?

puggsoy
You're right this part is quite misunderstandable. Let me try again.
The entry of the player are gooballs lined up in a channel(text field). On top or anywhere else outside the scene bounds is another channel(let's call it "channelX") for the circle(trigger) which triggers the endoncollison.
Let's give "ball one" the explosion force of 1000 and "ball two" 900 and so on.
At the first digit in the text field is a comp.geom which also blocks channelX. It is tagged break=950. If a wrong entry-ball is in this place the explosion force won't be high enough to break it.
At the second digit are two comp.geom one tagged break=850 and one tagged break=910. If there is the ball two at this digit it will destroy the break=850 geom but not the break=910 geom.
If the break=910 geom breaks(this will happen if there's the ball one) something can fall in the channelX and blocks the way of the trigger.
And so on for every digit the code has.
The enter button will spawn a bomb breaking a barricade of a fuse ball which lights up the last entry-ball and than the fire will jump from one to another.
If there is a wrong entry which doesn't burn at all the chain reaction is stopped.
Hope this is more understandable.

Wow, that sounds AMAZING. And I was feeling proud of coming up with a binary counter...

Good job, GooMatz!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong; wouldn't you be able to bypass the code by typing in the highest blast force Goo Ball? Or is this just a one-time method, where if you get it wrong, it doesn't work and you have to retry the level?

OMG can people stop writing too much and especially things the most people don't understand. What's the point of writing smart? By the way What is Goopeg and where do I get it?

Or you can make a level where you have to find the goo strand that opens the gate.

I made goomods.

@goomatz: Ah, I see now. I've never really done much work with break tags, and the WooGLE reference doesn't really clarify much on them. However I understand it now, and after I've done some experimenting to completely clarify my understanding, I'll edit the WooGLE reference.

Anyway, it's a clever method. This would be totally awesome.

MOM4Evr wrote:
Maybe I'm reading this wrong; wouldn't you be able to bypass the code by typing in the highest blast force Goo Ball?

You're reading it wrong. If the blast force is too high, it blows up both geometry blocks, which blocks channelX.
For example, suppose you put ball1 (with blast force of 1000) in the place ball2 is supposed to go. This would blow up the break=850 geom and the break=910 geom. The break=910 geom would then allow some or other geometry a passageway to block channelX. If the break=850 geom was the only one blown up, it would clear up channelX.

But if a person did get the code wrong, they would have to retry the level to reset the code and geometry.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
OMG can people stop writing too much and especially things the most people don't understand. What's the point of writing smart? By the way What is Goopeg and where do I get it?

We're not writing lots of complicated things so that we sound smart: we're writing them because the stuff we're talking about is complicated. If it's too much for you to read then you don't have to read it, but those who are interested will read it, and fully understand it.

And GooPeg is a cool mod that goomatz made. You can get it here.

Atomic fart ball Laughing out loud

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
Atomic fart ball Laughing out loud

R
A
N
D
O
M

MOM4Evr wrote:
Maybe I'm reading this wrong; wouldn't you be able to bypass the code by typing in the highest blast force Goo Ball?

That's what the second com.geom (break=910) was meant to avoid. If the force is too high it will block the channelX. And yes for that reason it's a one-time method. Unfortunatly I can't find a re-usable method.
You can make more than one text fields and channels and somehow redirect the entry-balls after a failed attempt.

Wiki
I tried to express my thoughts as short and as clear as Possible. As I was asked if I can find a method for a code query.
I called the game you can play with the addin popup game GooPeg.

Crazy Dan ball Steve

I made goomods.

crazy gooeygoo ball Hat

Ha ha

I made goomods.

you two mix like pickle and gravy.
(i.e. not at all)

-_-

You two(wiki-goo and the other user) mix perfectly like ATI and AMD

Hey You!

What other user? You mean Black Wiki-goo?

you two mix like Sodium and the molecular structure of 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen. Tongue
ok, enough of that, let's move on.

-_-

DOn't you mean 2 hydrogen 1 oxygen?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.