"Goofans Orchestra"

277 replies [Last post]

i got it. very cool. just wrote a simple song that plays when you unlock something. how do you upload them?

-_-

MIDIs? Hm. Maybe you could goomod it?

We should make an email list/googlegroup. Then you could email it to us.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

starting googlegroup...

-_-

-_-

Nice! Add me!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

And me! I really need some help and inspirations guys! So please send me ideas to use in the main menu theme...

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

emailed!!! i think you can make posts and stuff.

-_-

My email is having trouble with MUS. Let me try a different format.

Let's keep all main discussion here and use the group just for uploads and PMs.

EDIT: Lucas Bruno should change his nickname to whatever his username on this site is.

I was gonna suggest a Google Group! I personally think it's more handy than here, since we can upload and whatnot.

Joined Grade

EDIT:

RedTheGreen wrote:
Let's keep all main discussion here and use the group just for uploads and PMs.

Only read this just now. Ignore my first paragraph.

Gooballs of Fire.

or, you can use the goo-gle group for whatever you want. i don't really mind what you create a post about. it just another forum thing. uploads, world of goo, minecraft, whatever you guys want, really.

-_-

Well, then it'll just be a clone of this place, which defeats the purpose. We should keep it related to the Goofans Game.

ok.
if any one else involved with the goofans game and wants to visit the goo-gle group, it is located at:
www.groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/goofans-game

-_-

Hey, One of my tracks...
http://www.mediafire.com/?882fdg706bne0cb

I could Make the music for the game.

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Hmm

Very jazzy, but I think the game is going to be medieval somewhat, so that kind of thing might not fit, but it's cool to know another musician is out there.

Maybe The music for a shop ?

Please. I want to make the music.

Hey You!

The melody sounds good, but it's a little fast, and like I said before, jazzy. I have an idea for a song from it, I'll likely post today.

hey g0o-gle! i have an idea!
make the song more elevator-ish and it could be used for when the player is in an elevator, in a bus, or anyplace that the character is waiting.

-_-

I thought we weren't doing anything modern..

Hmmm...

@Everyone working on this project: Sorry I haven't been replying lately, this past week has been REALLY busy! I'm working on the main menu theme but I'm still kinda stuck (The composer's typical swing from lots of ideas to none and back)... so don't think I've given up. I will send it to everyone via the google group once I've finished it and you can comment and I cna edit until we play it.

@G0o-gle: I like that jazz! I'm really a fan of jazz so it was awesome. A few composing tips from professionals though (I'm not a professional but people say things to me a lot)

1. The rythms were a bit complicated and sounded kinda off... try to use simpler rythms when possible to get a cool effect, but not boring rythms or it's too boring!

2. LOTS of things happening at the same time! The human ear can't process too much at one time or they don't know what their supposed to be listening to! Try to not use too many instruments at once or it can get overwhelming!

3. I expected electric guitar somewhere... maybe just me but that would've matched. And what program did you use to write it?

4. I'm writing the main menu theme so maybe you could write something for a level for later or something... but we could write the music for the game together! And do you play an instrument? Maybe you could play a part for the music for Red to merge with ours so it can be more full sounding.

That's the update everyone! Good night! I'm going on a road trip tommorow so I'll more time to work on the composing! Wink

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

I doubt this helps, but I could play the drums Smile

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Sweet! If you could somehow record it it might be good. I also have an electronic set that I could hook up to MIDI but I think it might sound better with a real instrument. Smile

helloooo, there's too much to read... Can anybody tell me what we're going to play? And whether there is anyone to sing? If not, I can do it Laughing out loud

@momo1526- well I use a lot of percuission for the songs I'm writing for the game so far, so if you could play any auxilary perucssion besides drum set that would really help, then I wouldn't have to record all the parts! Smile

@33Martin- since I'm the one writing the music to this game their making, you'd have to wait until I post the music or e-mail it to everyone once I've written it, but right now I haven't quite finished it yet, so wait. Also can you sing single pitches without words? That's probably the only kind of singing I'd be using. Like Ahhs or something?

oh, so we'll be recording music to a game? what game? (3 pages are too much to read for me, especially when i'm so tired and will be going to bed in few minutes)

yees, of course i can Laughing out loud

Ok, Red the Green, AlbinoPokey,Kirdneh.Puggsoy, and Mom4ever are working on programming a brand new computer game and this forum is the topic for all the music in the game. The other forum is called goofans game main discussionwhere they talk about anything from the files and language for the programming/errors and art to who does what etc. I'm only writing the music for the game and playing the percussion parts. If you want tojoin inask AP to add you to the list on the first comment of this forum. Wink

here It is the First one:
IS for something myserious
http://www.mediafire.com/?cf7y2h70t2907f7

Hey You!

Albino, I want to join the orchestra! on vocals Laughing out loud

@G0o-gle: Hmm... That sounds again too jazzy, I like it though. Maybe if you added other instruments it would sound better and added a bit more melodic material. In other words, the melody seems lost as if it isn't defined or going anywhere.

And I am STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE MAIN MENU THEME!! Sad

Meap! Laughing out loud