"Goofans Orchestra"

277 replies [Last post]

E, B, G, D, A, E. Similar to a violin/double bass, but you go to B and wrap around.

And I know real notation. I never said I didn't.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Ok, thanks kirdneh.

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

RedTheGreen wrote:
How about you write something for our new game? Something adventurous and powerful yet slow-paced at the same time. Maybe we could use it for our menu music.

OK I think I can get started on that now! But first I have a few questions:

1. Will this music have to be looped? If that's the case I can make a transition ending that's not complete so that it's easy to loop.

2. What should I call the song for now? I know we don't have an official name for the game yet but what should I call the theme?

3.How slow-paced is slow-paced? A tempo marking of 120 is march tempo, so it would have to be slower than that... Maybe.. 60?

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

120 is too fast. Thinking more like 70. No name is needed. A loop would be perfect.

Yo know what, when in doubt,

Mario Paint Composer.

You can set up the main melody and beat in that and then convert it to orchestral.

Not to mention, its super easy to use (and free)

Guess what. I have Mixcraft 5.

Nice! I have Adobe Audition and I have pretty much no clue how to use it.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

lol, I gave Mario Paint Composer a go and the default arrangement is both cool and funny. It seems a bit primitive for our game, but if I end up making a kind of retro-based Flash game it'd be perfect.

Anyway guys, I might be able to contribute in the Goofans Orchestra with the Korg DS-10 Synthesizer on my DS. I still have to find out how to do technical stuff (like transforming the pitch and whatnot), but I'm sure I can whip up something acceptable using the keyboard, drums, and KAOSS pad.
However, I haven't attempted to read music notes since I was 6, so don't even try that on me. If I do contribute, I'll just try and play along as best as I can.

Well... I guess that can help... I am writing with a synthesizer part but if you can't read notes then just guess... as far as drums I play them so I'll just record that and the real thing would sound better so...

Not to mention the DS has both horrible sound and graphic quality.

Well, that's cool Gooballs. I just thought I might be able to do it in my spare time, but if there's no need then it's OK.

RedTheGreen wrote:
Not to mention the DS has both horrible sound and graphic quality.

So? I wouldn't be recording it with a microphone or something, I'd use the Korg DS-10 Manager Tool which extracts songs from the .sav file.

Does anyone know a trumpet player? I have a cool trumpet/brass melody we could use, but synth brass never sounds quite right.

My friend plays trumpet. I'll see if I can get him to do it.

Great! Thanks!

I'm going to be out of town for the weekend, but I'll post sheet music when I get back.

I've been out of town for about 3 weeks now, which is why I haven't been posting as much as I usually do.

Interesting, can't wait to see what u got AP

where is the mario paint composer, anyway? i just don't want to get a fake site. can someone give me a link?

-_-

GOOGLE IT DARN IT!

@Red: C'mon. No need to yell.

@kirdneh: Generally you don't have to worry too much about fake sites, and if you do end up on one, you can tell it's phish usually by just looking at the url. If it has a typo, is obscenely long, is too specific, or such, it's generally fake. I will admit that the top results on Google for "mario paint composer" aren't too trustworthy-looking, so http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Paint_Composer#External_links is a good place to check. Though I imagine that top hits, whether or not they're the official site, should be generally at least reasonably reputable. Just scan everything you download and you should be fine.

Thanks, mom.
@red: I DID google it. I wanted to be careful, and not be virus-infected.

-_-

Meh, I just downloaded it from UnFun Games, the first result when you Google "mario paint composer". So far I haven't had any virus-ish problems, what's more the program itself refers to UnFun games:

Mario Paint Composer wrote:
by unFun Games - www.unfungames.com

I'll bet that's the most legit site you'll get for it.

AP: Yeah Synth Brass wouldn't work. Please send it to me! I can add percussion, and harmonized parts so I can finish the main menu song and publish the parts and everyone can play it and we can be done with the main menu theme.

Hey, One question.... Do you know any program to record Digitally a keyboard?

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Try a MIDI program like MidiPiano.

But I have Keyboard HARDWARE...How Do i record the sound of the keyboard to the computer?

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

I do it via MIDI to a Firewire device which then plugs into a Firewire sound card I personally installed into my motherboard. I then use Mixcraft 5 to play the sound for my speakers. I use that same program to record and then mix.

Our keyboard has a floppy drive (GASP) where you can save stuff to Midi. Any decent keyboard should have some kind of plug so you can record stuff, since a lot of people use keyboards to record music.

Most keyboards have MIDI ports. Get a converter or a recorder that uses MIDI. Or see if it has a floppy drive. Older ones tend to have those.

You could also patch the audio cable into the computer and record, but that loses quality really fast.

Which is why I use MIDI. Not to mention I can just synthesize the sound digitally instead of using the keyboard's built-in noises.