"Goofans Orchestra"

277 replies [Last post]

Meap. Hmm... I think that for UTC time I would be availible from midnight to six am... and in CET... 1 am to 7 am... I think that's as close as I'll get! Tongue

Since CET time stands for Central European Time does that mean you're brittish? Or in a european country?

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Gooballs Of Fire wrote:
Since CET time stands for Central European Time does that mean you're brittish? Or in a european country?

Oh my, I wonder. Tongue

Nevermind, just a fasinating idea that's all. Tongue Laughing out loud But anyway, I'm gonna work on the music for the game now. Wink

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Sweet, I'm also going to attempt composing a song now. I'll post results, most likely.

just remembered, 5 days till end of the contest. gotta make my song.

-_-

No chance of me entering before then, sorry. I don't think my level would stand up against songs anyway Tongue

WOW!! YAY AP AND PUGGSOY!! YAY MORE MODERATORS!!And I'm gonna work on the song now! (Again, I'm close to finishing!) Smile Laughing out loud Wink <:)

better hurry, it ends tomorrow! i did a last minute haiku Tongue

-_-

WHAT?!? MEEEP!!! TOMMOROW!! I'm workin on it like the wind now!! (clicks notes in crazy fast and plays back.) Wow that sounds awful... maybe i need to edit... (spends rest of entire night editing, falls asleep on keyboard as sun rises.) HUH? NOOOOOOO! IT GOT DELETED!!! WHY! WHY!!...

Ok enough of that... that would be my worst case scenario... anyway back to work!

Lol! Smile Laughing out loud Tongue

Post them up here, I want to hear them! Smile

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

i think i was the only one who entered...
i get the prize of best last minute entry! as my prize, i get a last minute prize! a pencil!

BTW, here was my entry:

I, kirdneh, wrote:
on the crazy site called goofans this is what i found:
12 active users
11 goos are left
10 regular users
9 puggsoy mods
8 ocds gotten
7 letters total
6 "time machines"
5 golden ban hammers! blaarrrggg!!!!
4 months since red joined
3 AP badges
2 birthday levels
and a davidc who started it all!

it is cristmas time
albino goos are sleeping
whoa, it's deja vu

building a tower
armadillos calling, "moo"
a portal reference

little time is left
I wrote this in an hour
meh, maybe half that.

playing world of goo
creeper just appears. wait, what?
boom! you are surprised.

random crazy memes
are clogging the internet
over ninethousand.

now i'm just blabbing
my train of thought has drifted
I'll, uh, stop right here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
that is my entry. i really think i won't win. someone else will win Tongue

-_-

OH! You were reffering to the christmas songs! Nevermind then! I thought I had to finish writing the main menu theme by then... That's still a work in progress... Tongue Laughing out loud Wink Smile Big smile

Gooballs Of Fire wrote:
OH! You were reffering to the christmas songs! Nevermind then! I thought I had to finish writing the main menu theme by then... That's still a work in progress... Tongue Laughing out loud Wink Smile Big smile

Apparently, not anymore! Hopefully you got my emails?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yes Ap I got your e-mails.

I listened to the song. It's pretty cool, but to be honest, I can't visualize it as an actual main menu theme. It's a bit too long for a main menu, and you only really get to the meat of the song after 2 minutes, in which most players would have already started the actual game. Also, I think that it varies too much, not really staying on the same beat. In my honest opinion, I think it would fit better as either credits music or trailer music.

But that's just my opinion. Oh, and it might be my headphones, but it feels like most instruments (especially the drums) are too much on the left.

Long main menu themes are ok. This one is particularly epic. Of course, it wouldn't fit our game, but it fits the game it's in.

Puggsoy: Yeah that's the headphones. It sounds better with real instruments.

MOM4Evr: Ah techno! My favorite! Smile

Even so, people playing with headphones will probably hear the unbalance. If you could balance out the instruments some more that'd be great.

It isn't the headphones. The audio of the snare drums and a few other things are all panned to the left and it drives me slightly crazy.

Yeah... I don't think I can fix that until I record the parts in a seperate different file and it'll balance out. Unless you know of a program that can do that... :S

If you open it with Audacity or a similar program, you can render it out to a mono file. It'll be half the size, too. Unless you particularly want different tracks to be panned to the right or left, it should work ok.

Which begs the question, what program did you create this with?

Although it might be interesting if, let's say, the string instruments were panned slightly to the right and the woodwinds to the left.

(Do we actually have any strings or woodwinds other than Kirdneh?)

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

@Red: Yeah, I realised it wasn't the headphones, but if you put it on speakers it isn't as noticeable. Not that I've tried, but I'm sure that it's more obvious when the sound is coming right into your ears.

Anyway, I suggest doing what MOM said: render it as mono.

Well I don't have audacity... so what other program could i use?

Audacity is free, but there's probably other ones you could use. I dunno of any off the top of my head, though. Do you have something against Audacity?

No, I've heard it's good, but will Adobe Soundbooth work? I have that...

Soundbooth? I think so. Isn't that the old software that got merged ino Audition?

You don't have Audacity? Anybody working with music should have Audacity. I mean, I barely even work with music or sound, and I love it Laughing out loud