"Goofans Orchestra"

277 replies [Last post]

Deleted your double post.

Also, the reason we don't write emails simply is because that can allow bots to detect email addresses and send spam to it, so we write it with stuff like "(at)" and "(dot)", instead of actual punctuation. I've edited your post, but what you wrote was indeed correct.

To answer your first question, I don't think a phone would be able to record your music at high enough quality, I think most people use a PC mic or other kind of microphone. However I could be wrong, as I'm not very experienced with music recording and production.

You play bassoon? Great! ATM we don't have anyone playing thw woodwind parts.

If you can get a microphone that would be preferable. We can only do so much with noise reduction and restoration afterwards.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Unless you have a smartphone with a REALLY good recording App like I do. But yes record the part, then send it to us via the google group. But to get your bassoon part to you I need to extract it from the score, so If everyone else could tell me if they can do that or If I should that would help! Wink

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

I wouldn't think the app would make any difference when it comes to sound quality. The limitation of using a phone or such would be the microphone quality more than anything. Although phone mics are fairly decent, they aren't designed to be noise-free or noise-cancelling as much as professional microphones are. At least as far as I know.

My mic is horrible, which is why I have a firewire port for my keyboard. Synthesizer going through with no background noise? Aw yeah!

My smart phone has a particular recording app that has such good quallity I can record things without any fuzzy background noise! But I still have to edit it verrry slightly to get it nice sounding.

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

The app has good quality? Bahahahahahahaha! That's hilarious.

Probably a built-in noise analyzer and reducer. But noise reduction is kind of like using digital zoom on a camera with a bad lens. It helps, but it reduces quality in the process.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Could you send me the percussion parts see what I can do?

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

puggsoy wrote:
Deleted your double post.

To answer your first question, I don't think a phone would be able to record your music at high enough quality, I think most people use a PC mic or other kind of microphone. However I could be wrong, as I'm not very experienced with music recording and production.

My father´s computer has a mic!
I could use it ^^

Gooballs Of Fire wrote:
Unless you have a smartphone with a REALLY good recording App like I do. But yes record the part, then send it to us via the google group. But to get your bassoon part to you I need to extract it from the score, so If everyone else could tell me if they can do that or If I should that would help! Wink

I don´t have a smartphone -.-
It is a donkeyphone -.-

Edit: OOOHHHH!!!!!!! My computer can´t send mails to your google account! Sad My pc was made in 1998! I was surprised when I saw Wrld of goo running on my PC xD
Anyway, Can you send the bassoon part to me? My mail is:
alexandredias1234[at]hotmail[dot]com

4 EVR and 4 EVER INVASION!!!!!!! XD

Quote of me and one of my friends (female) talking:
´´ If I´m your ex, it means YOU´RE MY EX! Shock Awesome!!!!!!! ``

-.-` XD LOL

LOL. What operating system do you have? Smile

momo1526 wrote:
Could you send me the percussion parts see what I can do?

OK. What's your e-mail?

There are a LOT of percussion parts so tell me which you could most likely play and I'll send you the specific part:

Snare Drum

Bass Drum

3 Concert Tom Toms

Maracas

Tambourine

Temple Blocks

Claves

Crash Cymbals

Suspended Cymbal (Like concert rolls with yarn mallets)

Orchestral Bells (Glockenspiel)

Tubular Bells (Chimes)

Xylophone

Timpani (Kettledrums)

Let me know which part you could play and I'll send it to you! Smile

Nicki, your part has been sent! Please take the time to practice (yes even the multi-measure rests) before sending us the recording. Thanks! Smile

-_-

Um...Drums? I really just have the basic set. My email is momo1526(at)gmail(dot)com

Albino Pokey wrote:
LOL. What operating system do you have? Smile

Microsoft Xp

I already got he bassoon part! ^^ Laughing out loud Its easy! ^^ XD
Can you add me in the 1st post on the ´´People who are currently 'signed up'´´ ? Smile ^^
I´m happy ^^

-.-` XD LOL

Sure.

Nicki Minaj 4 EVER wrote:
Microsoft Xp

*snort*

Heh, no really, XP was good except for some UI deficiencies. It was definitely better than Vista, which just sucked in every way. Microsoft saved themselves with 7 as it's pretty much XP that looks like Vista. Not bad.

Like I said before, I can synthesize much more easily than others here. If there's some instrument you need that nobody knows how to play, I can use my keyboard. (10 years piano experience)

Ok, here's what I have:
Snare drum
Bass drum
3 toms
Crash Cymbal
Hi-hat
A random pair of egg shaped maracas

Hey guys, I've been fiddling a bit with Korg DS-10 Synthesizer. I'm not saying I want to be part of the orchestra, but I've discovered how to do pretty much all the essentials, and I think I'd be able to make some nice little loops, although not proper songs. If I make something that sounds good I might give a link.

Gooballs Of Fire wrote:

Nicki, your part has been sent! Please take the time to practice (yes even the multi-measure rests) before sending us the recording. Thanks! Smile

I know! ^^
I already start practing (hopefully this is a word)
Thanks for letting me enter the Goofans Orchestra! ^^

Can I ask you somethings (hopefully ´´somethings´´ is a word) ?
How old are you?
How you did the Gofans Main Theme by yourself?
Is this the first song you made?

-.-` XD LOL

The word is "practicing" but we understood what you meant. Also just saying "something" would be correct as "somethings" isn't a word.

For some reason, "something" in English can be used to mean "some things", but "some thing" is almost never used. Puzzled

momo1526 wrote:
Ok, here's what I have:
Snare drum
Bass drum
3 toms
Crash Cymbal
Hi-hat
A random pair of egg shaped maracas

OK... do you think you could just play the snare drum/bass drum line off the music?

It's pretty much in drumset music format, except without any cymbal x's written in.

Maybe you could also do the tom tom part and maracas as those are also on the same line... and my drumset only has 2 toms. Tongue

I could do all the cymbal stuff and auxilary percussion later... somehow...

Nicki: No this isn't the first song I've written! But trust me, it sounds A LOT better than the first one I did write! I was about 13 when I started writing my own music and now I'm 16. I've had my local homeschool band perform one of my pieces and during their summer band camp they performed (with me as the xylophone soloist) a percussion ensemble piece I wrote.

Unforutately, most of the pieces I write have WAY too hard of wind instrument parts making it so that I haven't had many pieces performed... Puzzled but I'll keep learning as I get a degree in music.

i haven't been here for a while, do you have something for me to sing? Laughing out loud

Ohai Martin! I don't think we'll be needing singing, since it's music for a game. Maybe a corny song for the credits though Tongue

Vocals maybe? I'm part of an acapella group, so I could record sounds...

I have a song in progress with some vocals, just "Ah-ah-ah" and such.

Perfect!

Hold your guy's horses!! The main menu theme has this synthesizer/vocals part to Ah-ah-ah sing! I can get you those parts as well!

Sorry I forgot about the signing... Tongue

Though AP, I would like to hear what yours comes out to... Smile

Gooballs Of Fire wrote:

Nicki: No this isn't the first song I've written! But trust me, it sounds A LOT better than the first one I did write!

I didn´t said I don´t like the song Smile
I just wanted to know if you did your 1st song just for goofans Wink

-.-` XD LOL