Level Creation Contest #1 - Winter

56 replies [Last post]

Indeed it would. And davidc is the admin of this place, he should pop in every now and then anyway.

I agree with Enchanter (I'm gonna call you that too), a contest every season, and a badge for the winner, is good.

One per season.
the people dont take so much to make a level, I make my contest level and im now repairing some bugs but i created 4 images for the contest and at least i have one day with it! Also it will feature new goo uses...
Coming soon!

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Mine's not really difficult or exciting, but I've made it as wintery as possible, which was the aim. I've edited a few original images, but made my own from scratch as well, just in case.

Sounds great, guys! Upload them whenever. You still have 13 days!

Mine is uploaded!

By the way, if anyone needs wintery images, you can use res/levels/island2x/GroundTile.png (flat snowy ground) or res/levels/IcyTowers/tower1.png (a nice platform) from Another Planet. They're pretty versatile images.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

@AP: Hooray! (oh, and very creative title Tongue) I'll hold off on looking at it until the judging day, so there's no preference to the first participant.

@MOM: THANK YOU FOR THAT LINK! I NEVER WOULD HAVE FOUND THE LEVEL WITHOUT YOUR HELP!

One week left!

I'm just about done with mine, just a finishing touch or two to do. I'll upload it in a day or two, I would have done it earlier but I was gone for a while.

RedTheGreen wrote:
@MOM: THANK YOU FOR THAT LINK! I NEVER WOULD HAVE FOUND THE LEVEL WITHOUT YOUR HELP!

You can just look at the latest goomods on the homepage...

Also, I have a question: supposing I were to win the contest (fat chance, what with AP as an opponent Tongue) would I be able to get my $10 prize money via Steam? I dunno if this is possible, but if it is that'd be awesome, then I can get Garry's Mod.
Otherwise, could you "gift" it to me?

DERP!

I was being sarcastic earlier.

Look at the updated OP. I added the "Quick Note" yesterday after all that blah about Paypal.

Oh, you were. Ok, then. Sorry. Tongue It's sometimes hard to catch sarcasm in teh internets.

New rule. Sarcasm go with a final pair of words "Sarcasm"
hahaha, by the way i´m in the final details Of "Hibernation movilization unit"

Hey You!

RedTheGreen wrote:
Look at the updated OP. I added the "Quick Note" yesterday after all that blah about Paypal.

Sweet, thanks. This greatly increases my will to win now Laughing out loud

By the way... you aren't a member of the Hive Workshop, perchance? Ponies are all the rage there, half the people love them and the other half just don't get it (me included).
Well, if the Great Pony Invasion comes to Goofans, at least I'll be here to see it this time.

Hive Workshop? What is that?

Nope. About a fourth of the bros on the internet are now bronies.

Nah, I'm good, just wondering. Even if I watched it I probably wouldn't get into it just because it's too popular.

Trust me. My hate for ponies has increased ever since I entered THW.

Tongue Okay. I took off the video, for this is getting a bit off-topic. (you never told me what Hive Workshop was, meet me in irc chat)

Is just a multicolor haired cartoony ponie that have blue skin and have big eyes....
What Could Be wrong?

Hey You!

hEY! Only albino , puggsoy and me will participate??
That seem very easy.

Hey You!

A few others were thinking about it, (mostly old members like me) but don't think this one's in the bag quite yet. Puggsoy said something to me about a winning idea ne had on irc the other day.

OK, I have a question. So I've uploaded my level, and goomatz gave me a suggestion on how to improve it slightly. What I want to know is if I'm allowed to implement this suggestion and then re-upload, or should I wait until the contest is over?

The OP doesn't mention anything about help from other members, so I wanted to check with you.

Feel free to re-upload, you still have 3 days. Help from friends doesn't hurt your chances of winning, just remember you only get one wad of cash. Wink

http://goofans.com/download/level/abartic

I think this is technically Flaky99's submission for the contest. Unfortunately, he used a copyrighted song for the bomb burning and went away before changing it, so I went ahead and published it songless. Apologies for the issue; it was a really nice touch before. If you happen to have an .ogg of the Ducky Momo song from Phineas and Ferb, slap it in there. But I kind of spoiled the surprise, too, which stinks. Tongue

So anyway:
SORRY I RUINED IT. IT WAS EPIC BUT ILLEGAL. Sad

You should have changed the ball too.
The ignite sound is still SOUND_BALL_ABARTICBOMB_PHINEASANDFERBDUCKYMOMOTHEME, but the file is missing. Causing a crash.

RedTheGreen wrote:
Feel free to re-upload, you still have 3 days. Help from friends doesn't hurt your chances of winning, just remember you only get one wad of cash. Wink

Sweet, thanks. Better get that done soon.

@mom: Didn't he already tell us about the Ducky Momo song? I already knew about it.

To anyone who still wants to participate, you have 48 hours left to publish! Remember, you have the chance to get a $10 game on Steam!! (or just $10 in general)

The contest is now closed!

The entries I've got so far are:
go0-gle - CarrierSnow 4.0
puggsoy - Frost 1.1
Albino Pokey - MCE1 Winter 1.0
Flaky99 - Abartic 0.1

I'll post later today with the results. I have my work cut out for me. Smile