Timebugs add to move count?

32 replies [Last post]

I'm unsure if anybody's noticed this before, but while trying to get OCD on Fisty's Bog, I noticed that the times that I used timebugs, my move final move count was generally larger than times that I didn't, and I only managed to get the OCD (14 moves) without using timebugs.
So I thought, maybe popping a timebug counts as a move? Either that, or moves that you undo using a timebug are still counted as a move.

Either way, I just wanted to know if anybody tested this or has been able to confirm it.

i think it does. it happened to me.

-_-

I know this was answered on some site page, but I'm not sure where. Yes, your move count isn't decremented when you pop a timebug, so your final move count will be greater if you use any.

It's meant to stop you from using time bugs when you go for OCD, I expect.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Or maybe they just forgot about it. Tongue

This is what happens to me either - if you press time bug you still have the same score of moves and when you make move back it doesn't counts and keeps on staying the same number of moves and this is the thing that Kyle should have fixed before made the game and I'm sure he didn't even wonder but I knew this long time ago but wasn't sure if it's a problem.

Full stops are wonderful. I suggest using them more often.

But no, as AP said, it seems like it's supposed to be like that, so that you have to restrain from using timebugs when getting the OCD.

I'm pretty sure it's intentional - OCD would hardly be a challenge if you could keep popping timebugs!

-davidc

But timebugs aren't infinite. And on levels with ball OCDs, time bugs can be used as much as one wants... But yes, I confirm the time bugs add to the move count.
BTW, still on the time bug subject: How come adding a time bug to a level manually stops it from working? Is it hard coded that it flies and can be clicked? Is it possible to override the timebug gooball to get randomly spawning goos?

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

I believe that the Goo Ball "TimeBug" is simply for the graphics, and it is attached to something deeper in the EXE that controls the clicking. So if you have a Goo Ball without the attachment, it doesn't work, because it isn't a full Goo Ball per se.

Now, adding burning or popping or spawning to the Time Bug...that might work...just a minute...

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Does the timebug have a ball.xml file? (xml.bin, xml.xml, xml.xsl depending on the case...)

/res/balls/TimeBug/balls.xml.bin

Yes it does.
And it's a great idea, randomly spawning goos sabotaging your structure. Muahahah Evil

AutoBuilders spawning randomly on the tower! You know What this means... You know how TimeBugs only apear where you attach a new gooball?

A long decay time, contains 5 autobuilders...

oh god...

ZE COMPLETS CHAOS!!!!! I'm looking foward to see these!

Please momo - it's enough to put only 1 to 3 [!] cause we do understand Wink

Oh, pickle pickle Wiki.

Yeah, them pickles are mine.

Even though I agree with you, momo, don't be so harsh. Anyway, we resolved this on the other thread.

Awww, come one, "shut up" is G-rated. It' a combination of shut, as in closing and up, the direction opposing down. But I agree, this was resolved on another thread. I just saw this comment before seeing James's divine intervention Tongue

momo1526 wrote:
Oh, pickle pickle Wiki.

I read the other thread where you asked Nicky Minaj what is pickes so I wonder - do you actually know what it means? I don't.

momo1526 wrote:
"shut up"

You got no excuse to write swear words or names.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
momo1526 wrote:
Oh, pickle pickle Wiki.

I read the other thread where you asked Nicky Minaj what is pickes so I wonder - do you actually know what it means? I don't.

Puggsoy edited it
I wrote ***** I must write ***** or puggsoy ´ll edit this post -.-

4 EVR and 4 EVER INVASION!!!!!!! XD

Quote of me and one of my friends (female) talking:
´´ If I´m your ex, it means YOU´RE MY EX! Shock Awesome!!!!!!! ``

-.-` XD LOL

I say, momo1526, you should go stand in the corner and think about what you've done.

@momo: Even if it isn't technically a swear word, it's really offensive and as such I've edited it.

@Wiki: I edit words by replacing them with pickle. In the future I'll just replace them with asterisks, that's easier to understand.

@Nicki: Just because you wrote it with numbers and other characters doesn't mean it's OK. People can still read it.

I'm not discussing this here. So do overriden timebugs still fly around? That could be really interesting for the AutoBuilder...

But it is just a part of woman´s body -.-

4 EVR and 4 EVER INVASION!!!!!!! XD

Quote of me and one of my friends (female) talking:
´´ If I´m your ex, it means YOU´RE MY EX! Shock Awesome!!!!!!! ``

-.-` XD LOL

Me editing stuff is not based on how natural it is, but on how suitable it is. It's not suitable, so I edit it. End of story.

momo1526 wrote:
I'm not discussing this here. So do overriden timebugs still fly around? That could be really interesting for the AutoBuilder...

I think so. Grant's Light Bulb Time Bugs still work, but I think that only replaces body.png. I'm not sure if editing its ball.xml would work.

Bad news, adding autoattach and strands to the timebugs is giving an ODE internal error as they spawn.

Guys, I had an idea - somebody can make an Redo timebug that comes out when you press Undue timebug and it's in black colour. I dunno how to change timebugs so this is impossible for me and even more complicated than timebugs so better if someone finds out how to do this and make Redo timebug addin! I hope there is anyone who wants to take responsibility of this addin making?

Weird: Notised that it spells colour properly but it says that it is color in the posts.

And by the way - ball.xml - sounds c-oo-l but where does that come from - what is it?

Wiki the redo timebug is impossible as the undo feature of timebugs is hardcoded. Anyway the timebugs are there to undo a wrong move, why would anybody want's to redo such a wrong move.

"Colour" is british english and "color" american so both are right.

I thought you kow, the ball.xml is defining the attributes of a Goo Ball.
http://goofans.com/developers/game-file-formats/balls-xml

It may be impossible but it is necessary for me cuase - what if you press a timebug accidently when you've done a good move? Well in this case redo timebug Is necessarily needed. I'm sure it is possible but I'm either sure that for this there are only two men who could make such a thing - Kyle and Ron Wink