World of Goo: Mystify Collision World

36 replies [Last post]

Yay! I'm finally back in business making new addins for this year! I'd made a huge addin for I welcome myself back to goofans. It's a very hard project when I'm always solo, but I have the skill of creativity. There are only 50 levels in the addin, moderators were testing out for every level in my new one; it was created since Mother's Day 2012.

It will be out on a couple of weeks!

-inwog

EVERYTHING AMAZING BY INWOG

inwog, publisher of 407 World of Goo levels since 2009-2015

Ouu, can't wait to play them. I always enjoied yopur addins inwog.

Hi inwog and welcome back to goofans!
I'm waiting for your new levels so I can play them!

A little question can I use your metal sanbox in my project?
respond here: http://goofans.com/forum/and-then/pictures-of-your-cat/3656

Well, my addins are free to edit, only my latest addin which is entitled with the forum. You can use my sandbox, it's just a side level for the Metal Levels.

MOM4Evr and Albino Pokey had tested out the addin for a couple of weeks, so their testing takes longer to finish. (Although I tested all the level just only for 2 days!)

Actually I haven't tested it at all since I'm on limited bandwidth Internet. Which is one of the reasons the levelpack isn't published yet. Sorry, I'd test it if I could. :/

And how about download the addin instead, it will make your progress on testing more faster. I hope it works!?

I'm not testing it either, mostly because I don't want to go testing levels AP's already done, because that's just pointless. However I'll email him and see if I can help in any way, if I remove dependencies maybe I can start testing backwards?

Sorry, I haven't had much time to test yet. You'll probably finish before I do.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Crying That was my hardest addins I made Crying

No need to worry, I'm well underway with testing. I'll probably get it done before June.

Thank you. Laughing out loud

EDIT: BTW, I'm updating this addin to version 1.1, and In that case, I'll play you guys with the initial release version.

puggsoy, are you done testing all the levels. It's almost June. I just want to update my addin to Version 1.1 for bug fixes, enhancements, and new features.

Just a curiosity, what's is your favorite Level in my addin, I'm too excited.

Wait... You mean you're going to make a MWV addin like Taco? Cool - I'm my self going to make about 3 of MWV. While I'm almost finished with chapter 1 of the first map (The levels will be put together in chapter by AP cause I can't do it my self so he is going to be an additional author of my addin - the first chapter may be finished about the time 3 - 10 days (Depends on when AP finishes to put levels in the island).

He's not making a MWV, just a chapter with lots of levels.

Sorry inwog, I'm afraid I was a bit too ambitious by saying that I'd be finished by June. The levels are much harder than expected, and I'm having trouble completing some of them, at times I feel like ragequitting. Along with school, other things to do, and the heat (it's summer here in Egypt), it's not any less stressful.

I'll keep trying to finish the levels, but I won't make any promises. I'm truly sorry that it's taking this long, but 50 levels of above-average difficulty is a hefty task for a single mod. If AP comes back soon enough he might be able to help.
Hope you understand!

Hm, I don't think you have to beat every single level in order to confirm the addin is not causing any crash. What I think is one of the primary requirements for publishing.
If you insist on every level has been beaten you could also send a copy of the addin via e-mail. I could help testing.

Well personally I like to check that all the levels in an addin are possible, since the author may not have tested them. If the author gives a video as proof, then that's fine as well, but otherwise I'd really like to make sure that the levels are finishable. There may also be something wrong with some of the levels, such as not finishing properly, or there being a serious glitch.
The only exception was with PeterB's Whack Pack, since nobody but PeterB and other pros can finish it. Peter's reliable anyway, I'm sure he tested and finished each one.

If you could help that would be awesome, I've emailed the goomod. You might want to start from the back, by disabling dependencies in the island.xml, and then we can sort of meet in the middle. But if you like you can just go normally, whatever.

I just tested all of the levels in the addin. Everything is possible, no skips I swear. Just some of them are hard or challenging. I just can't make a video of how I beat the level because I don't have a computer cam.

Since it's easy to test everything without the dependacies, to extend more time to play all of them. I didn't do that at all, because I work hard making and testing all of the levels.

If any bugs, glitches, or missing images on one of the levels/balls I'm surely put them on Version 1.1

Well, rather than just possible, I wanna check if the levels are achievable by people who didn't make the levels. I mean, there was a level by Mygod which he claimed was possible, since he finished it himself, but it was almost impossible for me or MOM. That's because people who make the level themselves know exactly how to finish the level, and so they don't have the same difficulties as those who are downloading and installing the addin. A video shows proof of how easy or difficult a level is, since it shows the steps taken, so that's good enough most of the time.
I'm sure none of your levels are impossible, but I do have to check that they all are feasible by regular players. Again, the Whack Pack is an exception as that was specifically designed to be near-impossible.

About the dependencies, goomatz can remove them if he wants because he'll just be testing the levels. For the story and difficulty curve, dependencies should stay, but they can be removed if he feels like he should test the levels backwards.

Anyway, I just finished Earthquake in the Desert. Those are the kind of levels I feel people will have difficulty with, even if you finished it easily. Still, if I can beat it, most people can.

Smile

Great!
*starts testing now*

edit:
Awesome goomod!!! inwog
One thing: Maybe you've mixed up the ocd flags for the levels 39 and 40. I got ocd in "decayed wastelands" and the ocd flag poped up at the "doomsday cave" levelbutton. And I haven't played "doomsday cave" yet. See the screenshot:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1307/wrongocdflag.png

I had fixed the OCD Flags for Levels 39 and 40 for Version 1.1. Just keep playing so I can upload it on the site.

Do you really think Express Your Wheel needs to be that annoying? After finally turning the wheel and getting the red block, getting it to touch the blue block is near-impossible. If the gears are removed then it might be OK, but this is just way too difficult.

I struggle with "stairway to the top". The red block does the fling-o-rama bug too easy. Increasing the mass to 200 would help a lot. I had this probleme in many other levels, but they were beatable (mostly with luck). In stairway to the top it just driving me cracy.
Move based ocds are sometimes a bit high for example: I got 3 moves in "wheels of 8" and ocd is 45 moves.

puggsoy wrote:
it's summer here in Egypt

You live in Egypt???

goomatz wrote:
I could help testing.

Actually it's a moderator's job to test levels and by my opinion we DO need more moderators (I would recogn you would be a good moderator) - I would say here are only 4 moderators that are actually publishing addins (puggsoy, AP, MOM4evr and James). It seems like Davidc doesn't really care about his web anymore.

Puggsoy wrote:
Well, rather than just possible, I wanna check if the levels are achievable by people who didn't make the levels. I mean, there was a level by Mygod which he claimed was possible, since he finished it himself, but it was almost impossible for me or MOM. That's because people who make the level themselves know exactly how to finish the level, and so they don't have the same difficulties as those who are downloading and installing the addin

Well but obviously... Most people DO have finished their levels but some others (If they're not really good players) cannot finish addins themselves Puzzled

I would recogn someone to make some scary chapter cause as I am making a scary chapter I'll get bored by playing my own levels but you will be exited because on my scary chapter I'll have over 20 levels which is something unexpected.

No, seriously?

Is it really worth of making a chapter that looks ridiculous from outside? And what about levels? Most of the Taco's levels sucked at his addin but the outfit of the islands looked great.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

Actually it's a moderator's job to test levels and by my opinion we DO need more moderators (I would recogn you would be a good moderator)

I don't ask to be a moderator. I just offer some help and for helping I don't need to be a moderator. Anybody could just ask and I'll be glad to help with goomoding.
Iff really needed I would do the job.

Back to topic:

I just finished all levels except "stairway to the top". I could only finish it with a higher mass of the red block.

Don't worry, I'll fix that on Version 1.1

goomatz wrote:
I just finished all levels except "stairway to the top". I could only finish it with a higher mass of the red block.

Wow that was fast, you're making me look bad Tongue You probably have more time than me though, let alone being a much better player. I'm surprised you're not a mod, to be honest.

Unfortunately inwog will have to upload 1.1 so that goomatz can test it, before I can publish it. I don't want to publish an addin with an impossible level.

I'd already upload it. Many changes had made for this new version. Fixed everything, even the exchanged OCD Flags Between Decayed Wasteland and Doomsday Cave.

Still, if you find more missing things, or ocd is to high or impossible, I'm starting to make Version 1.2!

EDIT: I'm making a guidebook for MCW to help out people finish the level in Microsoft Word. Only for windows users.

Don't worry, you can still open MS Word documents in LibreOffice under Linux and such. Just save it in .doc format rather than .docx so older versions of MS Word will be able to open it. Smile

Or you can type it in Google Drive, and export to PDF.

YAY, THE ADDIN IS OUT!

World of Goo: Mystify Collision World

Thanks for all of your help guys, still I need this addin to check new records for every level in the addin.

Smile