Where to get image creator?

43 replies [Last post]

What do you guys use to create WoG images, similar to those in the game?

thanks!

Also, there should be a tab under GOOFANS that lets people put up posts to share their own images and such, or music, w/e.

I use mostly Paint.NET

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

I use Photoshop CS3

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Is GIMP good? how is Paint.NET? where do I get these?

um..

I'm going to try out GIMP first, because it has tutorials and stuff all laid out.
I'll maybe try Paint.NET later, i have five months to kill

also, I do have access to photoshop, though i don't know what version it is and I'm assuming its the kind for educational purposes only

You can still use it for Goo.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

can you make a very quick tutorial please on how to make a platform that looks like WoG style using photoshop? I have no clue how to use photoshop aside making simple changes to things that already exist.

I want to learn how to use image creating programs because I plan to, obviously, create new artwork for WoG levels and possibly a future indie game

GIMP is just as good as Photoshop except for some of that easy-to-use stuff. Tongue I use it for much of everything in anything, being compatible with Photoshop images and so on.

Indeed. The only thing is that GIMP is explicitly referred to as an image manipulation rather than a image creation program. Of course, it has the ability to make images, but that's not it's strong point.

so I guess its photoshop then... I'll still use GIMP for other stuff then.

I've seen Martin create some pretty stellar stuff in GIMP. It just has a steep learning curve.

I have realy easy to use and powerful image editor. It's external, testing version of Game Maker's Image Editor. But I probably shouldn't publish it at Goo Fans, because of this text, appearing while running program:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5176/supereditor.jpg

PS. It is realy good to create PoG multiple sprite images.

I can upload my textbased tutorial, but I still am taking screenshots.

Goosweek wrote:
I have realy easy to use and powerful image editor. It's external, testing version of Game Maker's Image Editor. But I probably shouldn't publish it at Goo Fans, because of this text, appearing while running program:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5176/supereditor.jpg

PS. It is realy good to create PoG multiple sprite images.

That was the editor beta for GM8. It's fully available with more features via downloading Game Maker 8.

I know. But it's easier to use when it's external.

thanks AP

i'll look at the other stuff as well

@Goosweek: Well, the full version still has more features. And I AM talking about image-editing.

I need something thats good at image CREATION. You guys are right about gimp: its aim is at image manipulation / editing. I hope the Game Maker's image editor is good at making images (animated, static, w/e).

Maybe a mod could make such a creator but I myself am not so good with gimp.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Still working on screenshots, but to start:

1) Make a new image with transparent background.
2) Grab the rectangle or oval tool, set it to "fill pixels"
3) Make the foreground color red or blue or something easy to see.
4) Draw circles and rectangles for the geometry.
5) Set the layer opacity to 50%.
6) Select all the geometry with the magic wand and Select>Similar.
7) Make a new layer, put it on the bottom.
Cool Set the background color to the main color of the cliff or wall or whatever.
9) On the new layer, hit Ctrl-Backspace or Apple-Delete.
10) Make a new layer in between the two.
11) Select the new layer, then Select>Modify>Contract>7 pixels.
12) Under construction...

GM8's editor is easy-to-use and allows for good image-editing/creating. It even allows for GIF animation.

thanks Enchanter and AP, i'll look into both things, because the photoshop I can CURRENTLY use (i have a full version somewhere) is a limited edition... so some of the steps in AP's thing I can't even do

Which ones? I might have mislabeled things.

Steps 2 and 4... there is no circle or rectangle tool or whatever. At least not on the toolbar to the left. There's everything else, including a line tool.

OH--hold down left-click on the line tool. It opens a menu with the circle, rectangle, star, and polygon tools.

Damn why does photoshop have to be so sneaky... i even looked in the help section and not one thing >:(

i'll wait till your done, screenshots aren't very necessary, however, if there are important things to see, i would appreciate seeing them

and thanks big time, AP

Gimp is good i use mostly Paint.NET and i have of PS elements 4.0

I have gimp, but I want to check out all of them before I start creating actual stuff

i mostly draw all my props now well the ones i wan drawn and edit them on photoshop!

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Paint.NET is not bad, but how do I get off the white bg of the gooball?

Check out my MuseScore acoount:
http://musescore.com/anvistage458

Select the white background with the wand an cut it out. Be sure you are using a format which is supporting transparency. png should be fine with it.

Or GIF, except for the water goos.