Secret

140 replies [Last post]

I'm personally actually against the "simulated world" thing because I've seen just how much CPU soft body simulations, voxel animations, and fluid simulations take. Let me give an example: A realistic simulation of filling up a glass with water would take hours to bake textureless. Add to that ray tracing for reflections and refractions, and you're looking at half an hour per frame or more. Water is just too complicated to simulate. Add to that a nearly infinite resolution and soft body animations (modelling a single blade of grass at realistic detail blowing in the wind would take hours of rendering time per frame too), coupled with constant volumetric simulations for clouds and smoke... Sorry, if there were a computer with that kind of simulation power, only God could have made it. Tongue

While a human mind might physically be able to perform more calculations, it's not as mathematical in those calculations, and you'd end up with physics glitches and such, so the "figment of imagination" thing doesn't sound feasible either.

But of course, those simulations would be on a computer within a computer. The real ones take up some much of the processor that there's not much room left.

Plus, you're the only real person, and all other people are carefully simulated NPC's.

But you're right. It doesn't make too much sense. Unless you were programmed to write that to throw us off the track...but in that case I would be programmed not to notice so I couldn't write this...OW OW OW my head!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

*waiting for tf2 to update*

If everything was made on a computer, how are glitches fixed? Do we get patches for when something goes wrong? (Patch 2012: Fixed MOM4Evrs loud mouth Tongue )

What if... what if the computer crashed?

*earth plops into sun*

(Ouch, this sentence not only hurts my thoughts, but my entire head as well. Throw a cucumber at this forum topic.)

do you know how something completely weird happens? maybe the super computer glitched? and who runs it? maybe god? and maybe thecomputer programs we run, like world of goo and minecraft, are actually a world of it's own? the creepers and the goos having their own debate, contemplating a world running them, more advanced and reality bending then they could ever hope to imagine? and the world that runs us, maybe their world is being run? and maybe if you go farther and farther, reallity becoming more and more weird, you go back to the creepers and then us again? we are just our own computer program?
The migraines are acting up again Tongue

-_-

Mind = blown. Only one option left: ABANDON THREAD!

DON'T WAKE UP WHATEVER YOU DO!

In Doctor Who, (coolest show ever) humans survive longer than any other species, standing the test of time right to the end. As a last resort they follow and evil time-traveler and go back to modern times destroying their ancestors, creating a paradox causing evil to spark everywhere. MOM, remember that episode? Tongue

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
There are some points I would tell you about... End of the world is guaranteed but the people rise... If you can be patient and be able to live hundreds of years going with speed of sound on a spaceship then you can actually reach another galaxy. And there is one planet called HD85512B which has nitrogen, oxigen and some other ones. There is no carbon dioxide so the plants cannot live on that planet. The planet is 1.4 times bigger and had 1.4 times bigger gravity than the earth but successfully it is enough good for a man to live on it...

Anyway I hope you know what the topic really is and I need to say that most of the people are quite absent how the world is gona end but nobody knows when.

Wiki, you still haven't mentioned if the planet in question is close enough to a star to sustain life.

But anyway, why are you saying this? You say nobody knows when the world's gonna end: before you were saying it's gonna end in 30 years, we need a rich Christian guy, etc. Of course the world's gonna end eventually, but probably not within our lifetime. And if that's the case, we shouldn't get too worked up about it.

All this talk is making me hungry. I feel like a Sandvich.

EDIT: I should have expected it. After posting that video I spent about half an hour watching TF2 YouTube videos. I think my brain just shrunk.

You guys are ridiculous. I changed my mind and nobody's going to go anywhere. If the God wants us to get rid of the evil we need to sacrifice ourselves. I mean that the evil is rounding around us and there is no escape of it. There should be no person left alive. Like once Noa made that ship thingy, put in all animal types and he took his family and escaped from the big flood - the result was that evil was still on the world gone with them. But if the Noa wouldn't make the ship the world would be dead already. The evil must be destructed and I don't mean you to kill yourselves (So do not be ridiculous) but to wait till end of the world, get dead and the daemons that surrounded you will be destroyed Wink

Only first you need to get into REAL christians before die to get to the heaven cause there is no middle way. If you think about it all the things are not just like that and there wasn't such a big bang cause it is illogical - where did the big bang come from? No - God made the world and all the other planets and this one was the hardest one of any other ones so be respectful and do not think about escape cause one day you gona die anyway. I know that there will be lots of magnificent things in heaven and if you already have started something you shall be able to continue it like PoG or something - new colors will be there that you can't even imagine that are out of the color alphabet...

Basically believe...

firstly: it's noah and the ship thingy is called the ark.
secondly: nothing is going to happen, you watch too many films about future.
thirdly: end of the world 23/12/12

i thought it as 23/37/12? Tongue

-_-

It's actually today. All our rambling is slowly deteriorating all of the world's computer logic, which will result in all nuclear missiles being launched and blowing up the world.

Happy end of the world!

RedTheGreen wrote:
DON'T WAKE UP WHATEVER YOU DO!

In Doctor Who, (coolest show ever) humans survive longer than any other species, standing the test of time right to the end. As a last resort they follow and evil time-traveler and go back to modern times destroying their ancestors, creating a paradox causing evil to spark everywhere. MOM, remember that episode? Tongue

Yep! That was a two-parter at the end of series 3. I think it was Utopia/The Sound of Drums, and those are the episodes where they reintroduced The Master and Jack Harkness. Also where they found the Doctor's hand that got cut off in the Christmas special between series 1-2... oh, wait, tmi.

But yeah, that was a good pair of episodes. Only thing keeping the paradox alive was that The Master rewired the TARDIS. Then at the end they casually rewound time for a year and went on their way. Tongue

EDIT: My bad. It's a three-parter. Utopia/The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords

dan250 wrote:
thirdly: end of the world 23/12/12

N~eeh!

Wiki, imo, god raises waaaay more questions then the big bang. And fyi, the big bang happened because a certain gas collapsed on itself, but I do not support this theory. I support the rebound theory. And where did the previous universe come from might you ask? My personal answer would be that time and space being the same entity, this repetition could be explained.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

It was a great episode. I thought it was one of the best. My favorite still being the 2-part Human Nature/The Family of Blood. I loved watching him be human.

Wiki: The Big Bang doesn't explain how the universe started. It explains what happened right after the universe started, how we ended up with all these billions of stars and such.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

How the universe started won't be discovered for ages. So everybody just stop worrying about it Tongue

Ehh... If you continue like this there is no point for me to tell you anything more... And do not try to tell me about the big bang thing... I feel like a five year old kid that adults wants to tell me something about space that I think is really ridiculous. Listen just stop this. I want to end this forum as you believe in big bang that actually is illogical and just that astronomers or whoever worked on the world start just told this for money and make it easy but by themselves knew they have no idea how the thing started. Do not continue this or I'll get mad and please someone end this forum for once.

I'd like to argue, but I won't especially so that you don't get angry, so you're welcome.

And I'm not closing this, a lot of other people are enjoying these discussions, it shouldn't be closed just for you.

Meanwhile you make other people believe in big bang. And I would say that moderators shouldn't improve and talk about what they believe in once they got into moderators. Just like MOM does (He's a big secret for me).

While I also don't believe in the Big Bang, I'm confused as to why you're taking offense at this, wiki. As far as I can tell, nobody's forcing any opinions down anybody else's throat in this discussion. I personally haven't read much about the Big Bang, so I'm finding this conversation interesting. No need to try to stifle it; everybody has a right to voice their opinion, no matter if anyone agrees with them or not, as long as they do it nicely.

i don't believe in big space kaaboom either.

-_-

You know something interesting about the Big Bang? In Angels & Demons, they used modern science to prove matter (and antimatter) can be created (yes, created) from large amounts of energy. The scientist who discovered it believed it could help prove God through science; it was a sign saying it was mathematically possible for some great energy source (I'm not saying God, but anything is possible) was all condensed into a single point, creating all the matter that is the universe. This idea is really unique and I love it; religion and science coming together to help support each other is revolutionary!

And MOM, the Big Bang is basically a theory that states that around 14 billion years ago, everything that was, is, and will be in the universe was condensed into a single point smaller than the tip of a pencil. This point, through colossal amounts of energy, exploded practically infinite amounts of dust and gas into what is now known as the universe. After a few billion years, all the particulates began to collide and form masses with gravitational pulls.

The universe exists with the physical presence of Hot, but no Cold. There is only Heat and Lack-of-Heat. The temperature-meter Kelvin describes temperatures from absolute-zero heat up to full heat. Absolute-zero on Kelvin would be about −273°C. This has been speculated to be impossible to achieve. No matter where you go or what you do, there will always be heat present. This has been speculated as leftover radiation from the Big Bang: constant heat throughout the universe.

Yah, I know that much about the theory; what I meant was that I haven't read up on arguments for or against it.

And that is really cool about showing that it would be mathematically possible for large amounts of energy to create matter. I hadn't heard of that; definitely something I'd like to look into further.

Cool! I knew you could make matter from energy--that's how nuclear radiation works--but I didn't know it was mathematically possible to make that much. E=mc^2 means that you need the square of the speed of light more energy than you get matter, so that would have to be a tremendous energy source, pretty much infinite.

I hadn't heard of a creation-of-the-universe theory that connected science and religion so well before.

Dan Brown was a smart guy. Smile

That's interesting.

Personally I think that the Big Bang is quite possible. And hey, that's not to say that God doesn't exist - very far from it - maybe God created the Big Bang.

actualy, thats a good point.

-_-

@puggsoy That raises EVEN MORE questions

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

puggsoy wrote:
Personally I think that the Big Bang is quite possible. And hey, that's not to say that God doesn't exist - very far from it - maybe God created the Big Bang.

That's what the idea is. Basically, the Big Bang came from a colossal amount of energy: an energy being, if you will. It was thought this could have been God releasing much of his being into the universe itself.